Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

aFe Power Releases Sealed Intake for 335i N55

Corona, CA - advanced FLOW engineering (aFe Power) releases the all new Sealed Intake System for the 2011-13 BMW 335i L6-3.0L (t) N55, P/N 54-81912.

The all new Sealed Intake System produces 9hp and 14lbs. x ft. torque and outflows the factory intake by 20% The intake tube is designed to maximize air velocity and is dyno and flow tested using the latest engineering tools for maximum performance, mileage and throttle response.

This intake utilizes a huge, 3-1/2" tall conical PRO 5R performance air filter with inverted top for increased performance. The PRO 5R air filter uses five layers of progressively finer mesh cotton gauze media to provide maximum airflow for best performance results. Washable and reusable for multiple cleaning cycles, the tall, open, evenly spaced pleats provide excellent dust holding capacity for a longer service cycle between cleanings.

A one piece rotomolded tube is used to retain your factory lower air box. The lower air box retains your factory ram air scoop which provides constant cool air and keeps warm engine air out for maximum performance. This one-piece intake tube uses factory mounting locations for a hassle-free installation and takes approximately 20 minutes and comes complete will all necessary hardware.

Check it out at http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...912&brandID=56

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks good

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks nice but quite pricy. Also, says 2011-2013 N55 yet I don't see where it asks which model year. Wouldn't the 2011 be different than the 2012+ F30s?

Edit. I can't read. While it doesn't specify in the post in the product title it says 335i E90/92/93 11-13. The 335i part is misleading but no dice for F30.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    tdizzle00 - Sorry for the confusion. Here is a link to the F30 intake we do for that. I will be posting a bunch of our new products today. Just didn't get around to it yesterday.

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...BB4&brandID=56

Let me know if you need anything further.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aFePower_Jason Click here to enlarge
    tdizzle00 - Sorry for the confusion. Here is a link to the F30 intake we do for that. I will be posting a bunch of our new products today. Just didn't get around to it yesterday.

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...BB4&brandID=56

Let me know if you need anything further.
    Is there one for the F30 335i? The one linked above says 328i. I'm having trouble coming up with anything by searching your site too unfortunately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how much bigger is the surface area of the cone filter compared to the OEM one? it looks smaller in pictures

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will this or the BMS intake provide more real-world power?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WE are launching the 335i intake this week. Here is a link to the video we just posted. . The product will be launched and added to our website this week. I should have a post done for you guys by Friday with more details.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure on the BMS unit. I looked at his website and his dyno sheet says around 8hp and it looks like he got that at 5,000rpm. We got our 9hp at around 3,200 rpms. So there is similar dyno figures but you have some differences in design (sealed vs. open), filter design and then you have where the power goes on the dyno. Just depends on your goals for the vehicle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aFePower_Jason Click here to enlarge
    WE are launching the 335i intake this week. Here is a link to the video we just posted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuKkaCqzmDE . The product will be launched and added to our website this week. I should have a post done for you guys by Friday with more details.
    Is the F30 intake up?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry I am delayed in responding. Took a couple of days off to deal with a sick relative. The product will be formally released today or tomorrow but it is on our site right now. Please find attached the link. http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...202&brandID=56 Let me know if you need anything further.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The engineer that worked on this product gave me the below specs. The factory filter has a useable surface area of 855sq. in. It has a useable filter volume of filtration of 12.8 cubic inches. The 24-91058 which is the filter used on this intake has a useable surface area of 274 sq. in but has a useable filter volume for filtration of 13.7 cubic feet. So yes the actual size is small than the factory but the useable area primarily do to filter depth more than makes up for the actual space. Please let me know if you need anything further.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    Will this or the BMS intake provide more real-world power?
    Our F30 intake is currently under development & road testing. Hope to be able to share some info with everyone on it in a few weeks. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Our F30 intake is currently under development & road testing. Hope to be able to share some info with everyone on it in a few weeks. Click here to enlarge
    Terry please don't discuss your products in competitors threads...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have a BMS Intake, Power is exactly the same but it sounds damn awesome lol. It gives a BOV type sound when you let off the gas and you can hear the spool.
    BMW Performance Kidney Grille, CF Lip Spoiler, CF Diffusser, Blackline LCI Tailights, Magnaflow Full Exhaust, BMS Intake, Jb4 w/ E85, Meth Injection, BMS ********, VRSF 5" Intercooler, CP-E Charge Pipe, ST Coilovers, M3 Subframe Bushings, VMR VB3 Wheels, 255 Inline Fuel Pump