Thread: In response to the fraud allegations by Powerchip Regarding Me, Gintani and OE Tuning

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Post In response to the fraud allegations by Powerchip Regarding Me, Gintani and OE Tuning

In response to Powerchips "forensic investigation" and fraud allegations. I thought I'd clear my name.

There are alot of false rumors going around that I was trying to defraud BMW by having my car repaired under warranty. There are also rumors that I sold the G-power tune to Gintani/OE tuning to tune their Supercharger kits with. This is totally false.

Quoted from : Powerchip
    "It would appear that sometime in July, the motor blew on the dyno at Gintani while Jeremy was in Australia. Jon Martin needed to return his motor back to stock and re-flash the original file before he could attempt a warranty claim from BMW. That's when Jon -- in collusion with Gintani and Jeremy -- contacted Jeremy and requested a copy of his original software file. Jeremy was fully aware of the work he had done on these cars and he complied with Jon's request. But for whatever reason the flashing did not work and the car would not start. That's when Jon contacted Jeremy again and asked him to re-flash the car a second time as soon as he returned from Australia."
    First, Powerchips claim that Gintani read the G-power tune from my car on April 28th 2009. This is quite entertaining as Autotalent the installer of my G-power kit didn't recieve my DME with the G-power tune until the Monday after Bimmerfest which would have been May 4th 2009 it doesn't take a forensic scientist to know that it would have been absolutely impossible for Gintani/OE tuning to read the G-power tune off of my DME if it was sitting at G-power headquarters in Germany. Obviously since my DME wasn't in my car I didn't make it to Bimmerfest where it was supposed to be displayed. Gintani however did have their Supercharged E92 there. You can find vids of them driving the car around and reving their motors, pics and such from as early as Mfest which was in early April before Tightie even got his car back from his G-power install hence Tightie was late to Mfest 2009. This clears Gintani fully for stealing any tune from G-power to make their kit run. Powerchip also claims that my motor blew on the dyno at Gintani in mid July during Jeremy's trip to Australia I have included screen shots of text messages from Sam@Autotalent cell phone that show I was driving my car home and my motor blew on May 27th 2009. Anyone interested can call Autotalent to verify my dates are in fact true and that these are screenshots from his mobile phone.

Click here to enlarge

Quoted from Powerchip:
    These GPower project files were not discovered in our Powerchip projects database for some time. We believe Jeremy removed the projects from our database, but did not realize that the files remained intact. During a forensic investigation of Jeremy's computers and our server (and checking emails sent from Powerchip USA to Powerchip Australia), we discovered these GPower files and realized Jeremy and Gintani were the responsible parties for the blown motors. In addition, we found a copy of Jon Martin's email where Jon informs Jeremy the flashing failed and his car no longer started. Jon Martin advised Fleming whilst Fleming was in Australia, and was forced to send it to Jeremy’s Powerchip email account because Jeremy’s USA cell phone was not operating in Australia at the time.

Powerchip now offers these files and all available evidence to GPower as proof that a fraud has been committed against their company. Whereas GPower has long known that Jeremy and Gintani has stolen their software, they had no idea that Powerchip holds the proof that not only was the software stolen, but that Jeremy and Gintani were responsible for blowing the motors on the two US cars.
    Second, Powerchips claim that my engine was damaged because Jeremy(OE tuning) modified my G-power tune and added drastic off the wall timing advances. They try to prove this by displaying an E-mail sent to Jeremy by me on July 10th 2009 Asking him to reflash my car. What they don't know is I was actually asking Jeremy to reflash with my stock N/A file so that I could drive my car to the nearest BMW dealer I thought this would be more speedy and less expensive then paying $300 bucks to send my DME to be flashed back to stock in Germany. Unfortunately Jeremy was in Australia at this time and couldn't flash it. But luckily it just so happend that Chrstian from G-power came to LA to visit and work on another project an M6 at another shop. During that time he came to Autotalent to look at my car and he was able to read and flash my car with a stock M3 file. If G-power saw my cars tune during the removal of the kit they would have saw if it was in fact modified and I'm sure they would not have warrantied my motor rebuild that is a simple FACT people tend to overlook and alot of rumor starters don't know about this or choose to forget while making bogus claims.

The reason I took the car to BMW was because Autotalent had alot of projects going on and they wouldn't be able to work on rebuilding my motor right away and I just wanted to have my car back asap and reduce my inconvenience since G-power has a relationship with BMW already through their ASA division. I was told I could have them pay the dealer to rebuild my motor. This later changed after Autotalent worked out a better deal then BMW and the mention to rebuild my motor with low compression pistons to convert my kit to a SK3 kit. Eventually G-power paid Autotalent to rebuild my motor to stock specs since the pistons would have added another 8 weeks to the timeline and it was already months into the situation and I didn't want to wait any longer. In the end it still took 5 months to get my car back after all was said and done.

Another point I'd like to make is if Gintani/OE Tuning were actually responsible for destroying my motor I'm pretty sure I would not have gone back to them first thing after my motor was rebuilt to have my car flashed again with their N/A tune rather then slapping on another G-power kit for free. Hmm lets see what should I have done get a tune from the same tuner that allegedly blew my motor or play it safe and get a FREE $20,000 supercharger kit that supposedly works great and doesn't blow motors Click here to enlarge kinda makes you wonder if I was that worried about Gintani/OE Tuning skills I must have been the biggest moron alive to want to relive that mistake again right?

I hope this clears alot of the false rumors spread around by Gintani competitors about me and that people take a step back and recognize the mass smear campaign setup by the competition to drag Gintani /OE tuning and anyone supportive of them down so they can make themselves look like angels to the public that are not aware of the details. Normally I would overlook the silly allegations made by these companies but I do not like seeing my name with the word fraud next to it from people that have never even met me or do not know any of the details of what happened. I'm tired of the fanboys that swallow the load of false rumors given to them by their "slave owners" that have no integrity and would rather just lie and start rumors to make them self look knowledgeable and honorable.

REMEMBER: THE TRUTH ALWAYS COMES OUT SOONER OR LATER. LIARS beware! lol
    Last edited by JonMartin; 08-13-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Scorpion is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Interesting stuff, read the whole thing. Good thing you got your voice out there and cleared everything up. I remember seeing your other thread about this. There seems to be so much drama with bmw's haha.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting stuff, read the whole thing. Good thing you got your voice out there and cleared everything up. I remember seeing your other thread about this. There seems to be so much drama with bmw's haha.
    Thanks I just want to clear the air a bit. The thing is alot of the people commenting negatively against this whole situation are just outsiders looking in. And have no reason not believe these facts. People just want to jump on the bandwagon and claim they know this or that or can confirm this or that its all BS. No one has more knowledge about this other then me Autotalen,Gintani ,OE tuning and Tightie everyone else's comments about the matter or "facts" as they call them are just mere opinions implanted by their beloved tuners. And you are right about the BMW scene drama one reason I haven't rushed out to buy another.

Scorpion is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Thanks I just want to clear the air a bit. The thing is alot of the people commenting negatively against this whole situation are just outsiders looking in. And have no reason not believe these facts. People just want to jump on the bandwagon and claim they know this or that or can confirm this or that its all BS. No one has more knowledge about this other then me Autotalen,Gintani ,OE tuning and Tightie everyone else's comments about the matter or "facts" as they call them are just mere opinions implanted by their beloved tuners. And you are right about the BMW scene drama one reason I haven't rushed out to buy another.
    I know what you mean, that's why I never get involved with these types of arguments. My knowledge about bmw's isn't that high, so I'd most likely end up embarrassing myself. Most people that get accused in these type of situations just end up cursing everyone out, which makes them look even worse. You seemed to have handled it pretty we as far as I can tell.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You see, This right here is what I'm talking about outsiders looking in chipping in their worthless opinion with lack of reading comprehension.

Quoted from Hurricane M5G on M5board:

Let me see if I can combine some information from this and jon martin to see if any of this makes any sense.

Tightie car is finished early april, and jons car is finished early may. So I think that eliminates jons car as the car that was read.

DING DING Correct! Yet my name is being used, so much for forensics. I guess thats why they don't have CSI Australia Click here to enlarge

Jeremy says he read the files after the motors blew, but the dates on the screen clearly show april 28.

But the motors blew in late may or even later.

ACTUALLY Jerermy says he read Josh's motor after an INITIAL SHUT DOWN not after the motor blew.

Tightie’s (GPower SC) car was read after an initial shut-down he had while running his car hard. This lead him to be concerned with the health of his motor
    That means his car was giving trouble already not really sign of a tune you would want to steal right? Not too good with that reading comprehension eh?

Jeremy says he only read the file to see why the motor blew, but for some reason he read it seven times and captured seven different timing and afr maps. I dont think the ecu changes its own maps each time you read them.

Ya well seeing as you are NOT a tuner I guess you just won't know that so don't "think" anything Click here to enlarge

Jeremy even marked down how much horsepower was measured on the dyno with each different ecu file and called them dyno 1 - dyno 6. But somehow he only read the file after the motor blew.

Call me stupid but i find is nothing credible about jeremys story. He clearly read the files before the motors blew because he read the files in april and the motors didnt blow until a month or more later. He says he only read it after the motor blew but there are seven different "readings" and some of them even say how much power was on the dyno.

You are stupid we have established that.

Somebody please offer a better explanation than the one above. Its time for the famous gintani "oh we meant to say this...instead of that...yeah, thats the real explanation not the first one we tried to get you to believe..."
    Originally Posted by DLSJ5 M3
    Jeremy asked me to post the below rebuttal in response Powerchips claims/accusations. Jeremy is my tuner and has since become a friend. FWIW from what I've experienced with my own car, he is an excellent tuner, I'd also like to add that Matt at powerchip (pedm5) is also a friend of mine and I don't have anything negative to say about him. It's unfortunate that these events have taken place.

Jeremy's reply -

M3Post Members,

After trying to digest the twisting and misleading way Wayne and Powerchip management have put forward their case here, I find there a few key facts that have been omitted. I am not here to make Powerchip, Wayne or Matt look bad, as they do a great job of that just being themselves.

It is easy to see here whomever advised Powerchip management of the changes made to any GPower software is entry level and has a hard time determining what timing is or in fact what is does. The timing levels you have quoted and the maps you have shown are from GPower cars that have had catastrophic failure. Nothing to do with the case you are trying to sell people on??? Wayne has no knowledge of tuning or even how to tune, after owning a tuning business this long…… This is a Fact. It seems that there was no tuner to fill the position after I had left.

The current tuner in Australia was not able to leave the country as his passport was seized after skipping bail and coming to the USA on a previous occasion. I believe he is currently awaiting criminal sentencing over matters that have no need to be made public on this forum. As for Matt, he was lucky to get trained at all. Poor guy had no idea even how a car ran when he started in December. This guy, Matt is now the head tuner at Powerchip 6 months later. It is hard to work for a company who promises the world and delivers on nothing. I was promised big things, later to find out that I would be treated like every single employee from the past, expendable. I was given no job security. After many attempts asking Cheri, Wayne’s bookkeeper, why my income taxes were never paid by Powerchip, I was given a run around. It seems that all employees, resident and non-resident of Powerchip Inc. were to have taxes held/paid by Powerchip Inc. I have documents to support this. 1099s and W2s were never filed also by the company. This applies to other employees also. Wayne revoked Travis’ 20% ownership stake and fired him, an owner with 10 years of loyal service. I feel sorry for Stuart Appleby, a silent owner, as he will never see a cent from Wayne of his large investment, nor has he to date. I have many more facts that I simply do not even care to go into. Please contact me directly if you have any questions or would like more dirt.

Here are the facts:

Tightie’s (GPower SC) car was read after an initial shut-down he had while running his car hard. This lead him to be concerned with the health of his motor. At this time he asked if his car could be retuned and the CEL light be turned off? After much deliberation, it was decided upon not to re-tune anyone else’s SC cars. This was the best decision that could be made. At this time Gpower changes were compared with the changes made to the Gintani cars and they were shown to the owner to demonstrate that in fact GPower was adding timing, while I was removing timing. Please ask the owner if these facts are true and correct. No tuned files were ever tested, although a project was made in order to determine possible causes of said shut down. Although there are multiple versions in this project, none of the files were ever tested. None of these files were ever in cars as suggested by Powerchip. It was after this time that Josh decided to go with a Water/Methanol injection setup to protect his motor better. Any files tested or used in his car were from GPower only. You can confirm this with the owner. Any further inference is a fabrication by Powerchip to discredit a past employee.

As for Jon Martin’s car, he experienced the same fear as all of the other GPower owners. Catastrophic failure. Who wouldn’t be concerned? Yes, Jon asked me the same, could you re-tune my car. So I read his car first to determine where it was operating after request form Jon. After reading his car it was seen that the same excessive timing changes were applied to his car also. I showed him at this time the same comparisons as I did with Josh. The same decision was made in this occasion not to re-tune this car. After Jon experienced engine failure also, his car was rebuilt and the GPower supercharger kit was removed. At this time I was asked to flash his car back to the original settings for the purpose of breaking in the fresh motor. His new motor was also retuned after break-in period.

There are many other GPower owners who have approached me with the same concerns. There are also many owners of GPower SC kits worldwide who have experienced catastrophic failure and they did not contact me.

I cannot believe the slander and petty attempts by Powerchip and management, PencilGeek and others to discredit my abilities. I guess my abilities were great when I was on your side, funny how things change….

This is my first time posting and it will also be my last.

Jeremy
    Last edited by JonMartin; 08-13-2010 at 03:13 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quoted by Powechip

modified software versus maps
    Hi Hurricane,

You say... above " border="0" alt="" />That’s not correct regarding READING the car seven times. Jeremy only read the car once, and he then modified the code seven times. Each code change is then recorded as a 'version' of the original reading. You are correct however in that the maps do not change each time they are read."

If it would help you to understand what code modified and why in the seven versions, I am happy post more details. Let me know.

Each one of the versions was then tried in the car, and one would assume that most (but perhaps not all) were tried on the dyno.

Jeremy has denied that the Jeremy modified versions were tried in the car. I am sure that members of this forum can in the red arrows I added that show the differences in horsepower between the files was recorded.

I am guessing that Jeremy had wished he had not recorded the proof that the cars were dynotested with his software changes.

I have added some arrows to the image so it is very clear what Jeremy recorded at the time he was working on the file for the Gpower car.

Those are some nice $#@!ing arrows mate!

One arrow shows '429.3 hp', the next arrow shows '430 hp', so that means that AT LEAST two of the versions were dyno tested because it shows the horsepower differences between the two runs.

Thanks this is just more proof it wasn't my car. Since the same day I got my car back from Autotalent (5/4/09) with the kit installed I went straight to Gintani to dyno and it made 471whp so I'm not sure I would downgrade my tune to make less HP and run more timing

The third arrow is where Jeremy states 'in car', that to me means that he installed that version 'in the car'

Oh for reals? I like this forensic $#@!

Jeremy recorded these comments, hp numbers and notes, we have not added them.

I know this logic is simplistic, but Jeremy has lied about when he read the Gpower car, and that he didn’t install the different versions into the car when he clearly did install them.

Obviously, when Jeremy makes the statement that these modified versions were not tried in the car he is lying.

It’s no suprize that with Jeremy's modified file running so much timing that the car blew up.

More of that Australian grade forensic $#@! eh mate? You're lucky I can't put up a recording of a conversation between Sal@evolve and I that took place after my motor blew about that 41degrees of timing being OK and that it was the same timing he saw on his car in UK. Can you confirm that Jeremy tuned that one too?

Jon Martin called me today and said he was going to email me details that say that it was Josh's car, and not his that we have posted details of above.

Actually I said if I e-mailed you it would be proof that it wasn't my car never mentioned Josh don't twist words. But since you didn't agree to remove this nonsense from the internet and post a pubilc apology thats not gonna happen. All the proof is right here including the SMS text to Sam just a piece of the landslide of evidence that you are full of $#@!

To Powerchip, it does not really matter who's car it is that Jeremy worked on FIRST, or which car blew up first, to us what really matters is we have proven that the following occurred........ He worked on both cars, and they BOTH blew up.
    Incorrect you have 0 proof of this again.

I have never said that the software project with the different versions was of Jons car. I just said it was a 'gpower supercharged car'

But the thread title says my name right next to the fraud part so you were referring to me in case you forgot

We know now that Jon has told me today that his car was finished LATER than Josh's, so now we have 'proof' that Jeremy modified both cars.

LOL how the $#@! is that prove that Jeremy modified my car because I said my car was finished after his. Are you trying to not be taken seriously? this make 0 sense

We know (and have posted the details previously) that Jon emailed Jeremy asking for a stock file so he could take it back to the BMW dealer. So that means there is proof of Jeremy working on Jons car, and I guess that is why he was not happy about his email to Jeremy being posted.

Yes you've uncovered proof of the obvious everyone knows my first tune from stock when I was N/A was done by Jeremy at your location in Costa mesa where I first met Jeremy and where my car was tuned. So naturally if I needed my stock N/A file back it would make sense to call him first right? This doesn't prove that my car was retuned with the G-power kit on it though. You aren't very good at this, your proof is about as hard as my grandfathers dick

We believe that Jon asked Jeremy for his stock file because if Christian from Gpower was to find out that the car had MODIFIED software, then Gpower would not have paid for his repair. Jon told me that Christian paid Autotalent for the engine repair.

You said it yourself Jeremy was in Australia when my car blew and up until after I sent the e-mail obviously whatever tune was on my car was whatever tune G-power sent from the very beginning.If it wasn't then when Christian Stoeber himself came to flash my car back to stock at Autotalent I would have been "caught" right then and there right? Well guess what they didn't find anything wrong Click here to enlarge

If I was at Gpower, and I knew that Jeremy and Jon conspired with Gintani to get the engine repaired after it had been fitted with software modified by Jeremy, then I would be very upset.

Luckily they aren't upset because that never happened would you like me to post an E-mail where a G-power rep offered me another free kit after my motor was repaired? God damn I guess they really hate me.Click here to enlarge

Jon advised me today that he took the car to Santa Monica BMW, and then to South Bay BMW / South Bay Autohaus to be repaired. He said that because of the delays in Jeremy returning to the USA, he got Autotalent to repair the car.

I totally did NOT say that, stop making stuff up you are making yourself look bad don't get owned more. Like I said in my first response Autotalent worked out the deal with G-power as a matter of fact we were going to do low compression pistons this would have made the kit an SK3 hence I took the car out of the dealer instead of being OEM agsin. I later changed my mind as the pistons would have added more time to my already long wait to get my car back and I didn't care at that point.

I haven’t seen Alex from Gintani active on the Gpower issue after the screenshots were posted, and I suspect that now that Jeremy's lies about never installing the modified software into both the Gpower cars is now clear, it’s going to be difficult to come up with an idea that explains how Gintani and Jeremy were not involved in the Gpower coverup.

Alex doesn't feel like wasting his time talking to you because he is busy making fast cars and making customers happy what have you been doing lately? Causing drama hoping it will help your deserted business. You are insignificant you should just stop while you can.
    ahh sigh lets see what else he comes up with ? Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by JonMartin; 08-13-2010 at 06:15 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

real interesting. Thanks for clearing the air a little bit.
    Click here to enlarge

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)

Powerchip has been removed as a vendor for attacking the users and vendors here while failing to pay their fees: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...porting-vendor

This thread is now closed and we are putting this matter behind us.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.