Close

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    What the hell is Shiv doing racing customer cars?
    Whats the problem with that? The owner was running it all day and then he took a turn.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv = the stig
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Shiv = the stig
    Some say his cars gearboxes are made of cheese, all we know is he's called The Stig.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This Shiv guy sounds like a real $#@!ing retard. Who gives a $#@! how fast you can get going. Fastest means being the quickest and crossing the finish line first. I don't car if you go 190 in the 1/4 - If my car crosses the finish line first at 130mph, I win.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    This Shiv guy sounds like a real $#@!ing retard. Who gives a $#@! how fast you can get going. Fastest means being the quickest and crossing the finish line first. I don't car if you go 190 in the 1/4 - If my car crosses the finish line first at 130mph, I win.
    This is a very valid point. My car trapped 142 in the 1/4 and was beat by an identical car with a different turbo that did the 1/4 2/100ths faster at 10mph slower. I was faster, he was quicker. I'm told by a friend in the white e46 that he was neck and neck or beating cars with 3mph to 5mph higher traps at the event.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shiv@Vishnu
    Mind you. Terry blew his motor up the first day at Shift Sector. Never even got a good run in. So he is probably a little bitter about things. But if he has reason to believe that we have provided any inaccurate data, he is encouraged to bring it forward. At the event before last, Terry ducked out of the event early just to avoid racing me in my car. Pretty bad form when you agree to a race and then suddenly leave early without any notice. Perhaps he is spending too much time with Sticky these days.

And Terry, Captain Insano drove his car a bit slower than I did for a few reasons. One, he was running it at 22psi vs 24psi. Two, he was starting the runs in 2nd gear whereas I started in 3rd gear to avoid wheelspin. Three, this is his first drag racing event so I think it is unfair to expect him not to improve with experience. It's also worth noting that he is a freaking rock star for even competing in this event, in the first place, since he was hit by a car while walking in a parking lot a few weeks ago. If anyone actually stops breathing for a couple minutes and wakes up in a hospital, I think they are granted some slack when it comes to racing at 150+mph a couple weeks later.

As for tmo335's single turbo, we discovered a what seems to be a wastegate leak at the event. Car would make full power but boost would lag considerably between gears. Because of this, boost was kep conservative. It still was faster than you or any of the twin turbo n54s and Trevor is a badass for running his car all day long regardless.

As for the car that didn't run much on Sunday, I think you are referring to Wedge who won the Tuner Shootouy on Saturday. On Sunday, his car suffered from bank1 misfire due to running the E85FTW fuel you providing to him. Fortunately he did not use that fuel on Saturday. Looks like a fouled o2 sensor. But he will be back at future events to win some more shootouts I'm sure. Lastly, I don't spend much timing responding to this nonsense but this time I will suggest that perhaps you should spend more time figuring out why your engine can't stay together instead of talking nonsense about others who are doing the things that you've never managed to do successfully.
    Hi Shiv,

U mad bro? Click here to enlarge

I was disappointed I didn't get any clean runs in Saturday and that the car broke down. But, hardly bitter. Our customers ran well and everyone had a great time myself included. If I could do it all over again I'd probably would have just ran gears 2-3-4 and let off each time in 5th knowing it was having issues.

RE: Ken his car was running fine Saturday although I think he mentioned it was down on boost due to the turbos, etc. But it was not really running any faster than the other factory turbo N54 there that day. And that other factory turbo car, which I had removed a procede V3 and PWM meth from a few days prior, was running on top of a low advance Dinan flash and is a manual trans to boot. Ken was definitely slower than the two RB turbo cars running. I left before the 'tuner shootout' but it seems like you're talking it up as if he beat all the other N54s? Wasn't it just a bracket race of 400hp cars? Sucks he broke down Sunday. I was running that FTWE85 Sat and it seemed to run fine but I was not running a 100% mix. Regardless the stuff seems like bad luck so I won't be running it again.

RE: Trevor, not aware of his situation but in relation to my comments you failed to mention he was having problems until videos surfaced of it running slower.

RE: Captain, also not aware of his situation but in relation to my comments you failed to mention it only ran those faster times when you were behind the wheel running higher boost levels.

RE: The overall performance of the two single turbo cars. I'd personally put them squarely in the "disappointing" column, given the power levels and mods involved. Judging by the videos vs. longboarder, etc, I think my 3450# car w/ 500rw would be very competitive with them. Yes, we both know Drew was having problems also with his M3. Hopefully next time we get together we can have a big single vs. big twin shootout.

RE: Your car, where was it? I've been around you long enough to know you never miss an opportunity for self promotion unless there is some good reason.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-13-2013 at 08:25 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Single versus Twin shootout. Now there's an idea... for my event.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wish shiv used his 1 post a day more often in here.... I'm guessing T took that from the other site ? I personally want to see wedge race a car that T put together as his rolling billboard. A stock turbo n54 can only be so fast. Not sure why anyone would think wedge's car is anything special... 19psi and 12-13 degrees of advance with good fuel will be the same speed...
    Im sure wedge has fresh pumps, clean valves, all new solenoids, etc... all things to ensure you are running good, but at this point in 2013 there is no stock turbo n54 that has more potential than the next. Its just upkeep and not running too much boost or advance making you slower in other words, tuned right no n54 stock turbo car will be this amazingly fast unstoppable car.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What event was this at?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    that is exactly what they are claiming, the the fastest e9x car is a 335

wrong thread- still have E92 for now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where was this lightening fast 335 during the BMW shootout?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think he's building his engine, valve floating issue or something of that nature when running 700whp. He said it in one of the threads that his car, when it's back should be a lot faster and mentioned something about 800rwhp that he hopes to achieve this year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Having one helluva time. That's what Click here to enlarge To be fair, CaptainInsano ran his car all day. I just drove his car for the last two runs. I'd be crazy to turn down the opportunity. Thanks to Jeremy@FFTEC for letting me borrow his helmet!
    It was more of a nice, indirect way of asking why your car wasn't there. Why didn't you show up with your car at Shift Sector? Is your motor getting rebuilt? Did you blow it? I'm just curious of the reasoning behind it, because I know you show up to events when you get the opportunity, especially something like ShiftSector. Why the secrecy? If it's nothing major please excuse my curiosity.. I'm just not in favor of somebody questioning why someone such as Sticky wasn't at the event, with a running car, as you weren't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by continue5 Click here to enlarge
    I think he's building his engine, valve floating issue or something of that nature when running 700whp. He said it in one of the threads that his car, when it's back should be a lot faster and mentioned something about 800rwhp that he hopes to achieve this year.
    Heard the same thing. I wonder how he plans to fuel this 800whp. Maybe another over priced option?
    JB4 G5 ISO+BMS DCI+VRSF DPs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by treadlol Click here to enlarge
    Maybe another over priced option?
    Vishnu/FFTEC Built N54 -- Only $60k for (6) forged rods & (6) lower compression forged pistons blessed by Shiv himself. That's it.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are bike allowed at this event?
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728