Close

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 690
  1. #476
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chi
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Points
    1,170.1
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately for me I think I know who will have the upper hand.

    Jim and I will have one of our usual big dollar bets....I think this one will be dinner at Dennys!
    grand slam breakfast?
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

    Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

    Sales@eurocharged.com

    Over 7000 customers strong!

    Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #477
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    5,255
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    grand slam breakfast?
    now I'm hungry
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

    Click here to enlarge


  3. #478
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    grand slam breakfast?
    Only the best!

    And If that were not good enough, I will bring some proper Canadian maple syrup.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  4. #479
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chi
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Points
    1,170.1
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Only the best!

    And If that were not good enough, I will bring some proper Canadian maple syrup.
    now your talking....
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

    Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

    Sales@eurocharged.com

    Over 7000 customers strong!

    Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #480
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @JRCART -- It appears the village idiots are already out, trying to insinuate that your car had a problem (fluid leak)

    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825758
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  6. #481
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    20
    Rep Points
    85.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I hope to get my car sorted out and be around next year.

  7. #482
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    5,255
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPF 335i Click here to enlarge
    I hope to get my car sorted out and be around next year.
    Click here to enlarge Everyone wants to see what it will do
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

    Click here to enlarge


  8. #483
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    20
    Rep Points
    85.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, the twin Scroll is going to be nasty. But ill have the same AT issues. Im looking for 517 to step up big time.

  9. #484
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=benzy89;437] It appears the village idiots are already out, trying to insinuate that your car had a problem (fluid leak)



    They are not insinuating anything. They all said nice things about Jim's BS. What they were talking about wasn't a leak. It was the drain hose from the Ice tank. I believe Jim forgot to close the drain valve When he added ice to his tank!

  10. #485
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    5,255
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=Portman;437762]
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    It appears the village idiots are already out, trying to insinuate that your car had a problem (fluid leak)



    They are not insinuating anything. They all said nice things about Jim's BS. What they were talking about wasn't a leak. It was the drain hose from the Ice tank. I believe Jim forgot to close the drain valve When he added ice to his tank!
    Which is no big deal...
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

    Click here to enlarge


  11. #486
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Was too lazy to read through everything from page 8 on. Who won?

  12. #487
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    It was the drain hose from the Ice tank. I believe Jim forgot to close the drain valve When he added ice to his tank!
    I know that, and you know that, but it doesn't sound like they do.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Was too lazy to read through everything from page 8 on. Who won?
    Close race, but the C63 BS won by a couple cars. No idea how Drew had the car setup (assuming a light race fuel blend), but he doesn't swap out pulley. Last I remember reading, JR was running the Merc on the 91 octane tune/pulley. Once Sticky's car gets broken it, it'll be interesting to see how they match up since the Gintani Stage 3s are pushing out more power (bigger blowers, higher power goals) then the ESS VT3s
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  13. #488
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I know that, and you know that, but it doesn't sound like they do.


    Close race, but the C63 BS won by a couple cars. No idea how Drew had the car setup (assuming a light race fuel blend), but he doesn't swap out pulley. Last I remember reading, JR was running the Merc on the 91 octane tune/pulley. Once Sticky's car gets broken it, it'll be interesting to see how they match up since the Gintani Stage 3s are pushing out more power (bigger blowers, higher power goals) then the ESS VT3s
    I saw Gintani had a few cars out there this weekend, but I was in the back of the lot so couldn't always tell who's car went by. How did they do? What were they trapping? I saw them put their tent up Sunday morning and then went to go find their booth at around 3pm and it had vanished.

  14. #489
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    I saw Gintani had a few cars out there this weekend, but I was in the back of the lot so couldn't always tell who's car went by. How did they do? What were they trapping? I saw them put their tent up Sunday morning and then went to go find their booth at around 3pm and it had vanished.
    Couldn't tell you since I'm on the other end of the country lol. BUT the "problem" with the ESS VT3s builds is that they're basically the same as their VT2s (same V3 Si blower, non-sleeved block, etc) but with low compression pistons & upgraded valve springs. So there really aren't significant gains for all the money you're pouring into the build, especially when you look at it this way (the M3s with the different kits were dyno'd same day, same dyno, both on 93 octane):
    • ESS VT2-650 at 8.5psi with Catless X-Pipe (No Meth) -- 580 WHP / 383 WTQ
    • ESS VT3-700 at 11.75psi with Catless X-Pipe -- 638 WHP / 437 WTQ


    So let's say you buy a 650 kit for $14k, you're basically doubling your investment to go VT3 and only net an additional 58 WHP / 54 WTQ.

    Meanwhile, you've got tightie's Stage 3 Gintani with a Vortech T-Trim blower putting down 641 WHP on 91 octane. So you're prob gonna be hitting ~660 WHP with 93 octane, and Gintani still offers bigger blower options (the YSI).

    ***I'm sorry if this was a super long post, but I wanted to type this out because 1) I'm going to quote this in the future everytime somebody compares the ESS VT3 vs. Gintani Stage 3s and 2) it supports my claim of why it'll be more interesting to see a Gintani Stg 3 vs. the Weistec Stage 3
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  15. #490
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,433
    Rep Points
    32,144.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    I believe the poster was trying to say that first Joe posted a front page story on my car knowing what set up I was using. Somewhere in this thread (dont want to waste the key strokes on my ipad looking for it) Joe then called my same set up unproven. Nothing had changed on my car so to say it was proven and now it is not is simply wrong.

    joe was wrong to call my set up unproven but as his ego would never admit that there was no use in trying to continue to talk to him. You can't debate with an ignorant person so I have moved on.
    I didn't call your setup unproven I said the reasoning you applied to me making anything I have unproven would apply to you as well. That means you pick and choose how to apply your arguments which does not make me ignorant. You didn't even process what I wrote.

  16. #491
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,433
    Rep Points
    32,144.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Couldn't tell you since I'm on the other end of the country lol. BUT the "problem" with the ESS VT3s builds is that they're basically the same as their VT2s (same V3 Si blower, non-sleeved block, etc) but with low compression pistons & upgraded valve springs. So there really aren't significant gains for all the money you're pouring into the build, especially when you look at it this way (the M3s with the different kits were dyno'd same day, same dyno, both on 93 octane):
    • ESS VT2-650 at 8.5psi with Catless X-Pipe (No Meth) -- 580 WHP / 383 WTQ
    • ESS VT3-700 at 11.75psi with Catless X-Pipe -- 638 WHP / 437 WTQ


    So let's say you buy a 650 kit for $14k, you're basically doubling your investment to go VT3 and only net an additional 58 WHP / 54 WTQ.

    Meanwhile, you've got tightie's Stage 3 Gintani with a Vortech T-Trim blower putting down 641 WHP on 91 octane. So you're prob gonna be hitting ~660 WHP with 93 octane, and Gintani still offers bigger blower options (the YSI).

    ***I'm sorry if this was a super long post, but I wanted to type this out because 1) I'm going to quote this in the future everytime somebody compares the ESS VT3 vs. Gintani Stage 3s and 2) it supports my claim of why it'll be more interesting to see a Gintani Stg 3 vs. the Weistec Stage 3
    This is exactly it but none of those people have any idea what they are saying.

  17. #492
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    @JRCART -- It appears the village idiots are already out, trying to insinuate that your car had a problem (fluid leak)

    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825758

    lol, and now the BS starts.. now drews car wasnt at full potential.. uh huh.. lower boost, pig rich robbing power etc etc.. how did i guess a loss is never a loss and something must be wrong with the car.. same old story..

  18. #493
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    5,255
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

    Click here to enlarge


  19. #494
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I didn't call your setup unproven I said the reasoning you applied to me making anything I have unproven would apply to you as well. That means you pick and choose how to apply your arguments which does not make me ignorant. You didn't even process what I wrote.
    You post #44
    "LOL by that same token your "new" package is not proven so you are not competition for anyone just yet right?"

    You refer quite clearly to my new package. My car has not changed and you were unaware or ignorant of this.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  20. #495
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,433
    Rep Points
    32,144.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    I have no new package which you were obviously aware of and therefore you were ignorant of.
    This changes me applying your same logic to you how? If you have a new package, it is unproven by the same reasoning you used for me. What is so hard to understand?

    I didn't call your package unproven I said by that same token it would be. Whether you changed it or not does not change how that applies. Seriously, it's not hard.

  21. #496
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This changes me applying your same logic to you how? If you have a new package, it is unproven by the same reasoning you used for me. What is so hard to understand?

    I didn't call your package unproven I said by that same token it would be. Seriously, it's not hard.
    Please show me in post 44 where you said "IF".
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  22. #497
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    I agree that if I put a new motor in, a new transmission and changed the type of my fuel that the combo would be unproven which, was the original point of my message.

    In the end it dose not matter as you car was not able to race.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  23. #498
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,433
    Rep Points
    32,144.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Please show me in post 44 where you said "IF".
    Try applying "by that same token" and figuring out how it would substitute in for the word "if."

  24. #499
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,433
    Rep Points
    32,144.1
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    I agree that if I put a new motor in, a new transmission and changed the type of my fuel that the combo would be unproven which, was the original point of my message.

    In the end it dose not matter as you car was not able to race.
    When it's ready it will be ready, it's that simple really.

  25. #500
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    608.0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •