Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It is done. Have an allocation, for the e92. I could not have done it without the proceeds from the sale of the M. Not to mention the 330 is as new and a real grocery getter but not nearly the book value.
    Bye bye roadster. Hello S65 and back seats! I have small kids so, for now a sacrifice... Perhaps will get into a vert again, maybe in retirement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 330indy Click here to enlarge
    It is done. Have an allocation, for the e92. I could not have done it without the proceeds from the sale of the M. Not to mention the 330 is as new and a real grocery getter but not nearly the book value.
    Bye bye roadster. Hello S65 and back seats! I have small kids so, for now a sacrifice... Perhaps will get into a vert again, maybe in retirement.
    I think you made the right choice...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats!

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I cut it realllllly close. My dealer rallied to get me an allocation. On top of that I got it close to invoice and got every rebate/incentive available. (Financing, USAA, and Loyalty). and a CCA rebate too after delivery
    I guess I took the approach of, if it works out it was meant to be.
    Interlagos Blue
    Black leather
    Carbon leather trim
    6 speed
    ZCP
    htd seats
    comfort access
    rear sun shade
    that's it!
    no nav/no idrive
    it's going to be a long summer waiting for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great choice, you will NOT regret it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like a true enthusiasts toy --- 6MT, the Competition Package & scrapping iDrive/Nav. Interlagos Blue is a beautiful color & it'll def be worth the wait.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sweetness. So much better than what that new M3/4 crap will be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I cut it realllllly close. My dealer rallied to get me an allocation. On top of that I got it close to invoice and got every rebate/incentive available. (Financing, USAA, and Loyalty). and a CCA rebate too after delivery
    I guess I took the approach of, if it works out it was meant to be.
    Interlagos Blue
    Black leather
    Carbon leather trim
    6 speed
    ZCP
    htd seats
    comfort access
    rear sun shade
    that's it!
    no nav/no idrive
    it's going to be a long summer waiting for it.
    Enjoy it! Probably very easy to deal on it at this point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Enjoy it! Probably very easy to deal on it at this point.
    Actually no one (dealers) will "give up" allocations, and there is a bump in last minute demand for the M3, given the turn of the tide coming. ( schools of thought for the M3 engines.... )
    Chances for ordered cars are gone as I understand. Dealers that have them aren't letting them go. Not to mention with discounts.
    I am fortunate. I happen to have a great dealer relationship, plus I went in knowing invoice and incentives. The new car sales manager has in turn great dealer relationships. He worked with an associate at another dealership and traded for the allocation, and I am sure he called in a "favor" on my behalf. The other four were northeast and LA, I think. And he said to me "those guys won't give them up."
    so there you have it. TMI? But for those looking to snap up an S65, may have to look at what's on the ground already. Good luck in the search

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the record, Anyone who bashes the e92 M3 has never driven one.
    long live the S65

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm going to see how good this s55 is, if its not what i'm expecting, i plan to either pick up a clean e92 m3 in a couple years (after im tired of the 335) or a pcar or some audi product like the rs3, etc....

I don't think you can go wrong with a s65 m3 but it depends on what you want it for. The s55 will likely have some issues in the first year or two (every new car does *rod bearings on 08 s65's) so i wouldn't buy the first year car anyway....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the record, Anyone who bashes the e92 M3 has never driven one.
    long live the S65
    Quoted for truth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The new m3/4 I supposed to be down to e46 weight and in the videos I've seen it sounds really raspy similar to the s54. From what I gather it seems like it's going to be an e46 with torque

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just hope the S55 M3/4 DCT does not have a dip in power when post shifting like in the new M5/6. For those whom do not own the DCT S65 and DCT N54, you will not notice it, and take it as normal

I have driven the M5 and M6, I had Sport Plus everything and even played around the different levels of how aggressive you want the DCT to shift, and the experience is less exciting when compared to the aggressive post shifting of the DCT S65 and DCT N54 what as the at post shift the power does not dip but continues uninterrupted.

Fingers crossed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    V8 8400 rpm end of story

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am particularly interested in the weight of the new M3/4 and its effect on driving dynamics, along with the big power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The new M4 is going to destroy the e92 in every way possible. The S65 is the greatest M3 engine ever(so far)...too bad its mated to the heaviest M3 ever.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    The new M4 is going to destroy the e92 in every way possible. The S65 is the greatest M3 engine ever(so far)...too bad its mated to the heaviest M3 ever.
    Too bad the new M4 is going to be the most un-M car.... IMO the E46 was the M3's peak: a high revving straight 6 that from BMW churned out 100 BHP/L of Displacement, respectable curb weight for a street usable car & enough comfort features that you could use it everyday if you wanted to (NAV/Heated Seats, etc). The S65 V8 in the E9x series is a phenomenal motor, but the other elements of the car (specifically curb weight, but also the over emphasis on comfort features) really took away some of the "M"-ness on the car. The new Ms are NOT "M cars", instead they're simply higher performance versions of the next highest model (ex: 550 N63 vs. M5 S63), with some "M Badging" to justify a significant price increase & a motor that's going to please the masses because it's more street "usable" (gobs of low-end TQ that won't require winding out the engine & higher overall MPGs).

At least with the pre-F chassis Ms you got a car that BMW M Division revamped from the ground up (specifically the Motorsport derived motor & reworked suspension) that justified the $20k+ over the next model. Will the new M cars be performance powerhouses, sure: they're going to be turbocharged from the factory, all pushing well over 400 HP & 400 TQ. And since these motors are built for boost, they're without a doubt be more aftermarket friendly. BUT without a doubt, these new turbocharged cars aren't true M cars.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Every way possible? Like how the F10 M5 'destroys' the E60 M5 in the straightline but not in driving dynamics, response, sound, or fun factor?

It will destroy it in the amount of times you go limp around the track too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The S65 V8 in the E9x series is a phenomenal motor, but the other elements of the car (specifically curb weight, but also the over emphasis on comfort features) really took away some of the "M"-
    The S65 is lighter than the S54, revs higher, proven better in motorsport, has more NA potential, and the E92 M3 weighs 100 pounds more than the E46 M3 big deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Control at the limit will be a deciding factor for this new M3.... Where the E92 excels above the e46 even.
    The lower weight is a focus because other factors are now changed with turbo power. For instance how linear will tip in be, and how will it affect handling at the apex? Not to mention the steering and comparable turn in. They are biting off a lot of "new" tech for this one.
    The engine mngt has to be an order of magnitude more complex for smooth power. And lots of CFRP throughout. It's going to be pricey!!!
    It's a different animal no matter how you slice it. No doubt the first reviews will be quite interesting.

One thing that seriously biases me is the blunt/high nose/hood profile of the new cars vs the smooth sloping curve of the e92 front/hood profile.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's a different animal no matter how you slice it. No doubt the first reviews will be quite interesting.
    With what I saw from the 1M and new M5 journalists will slobber over whatever BMW gives them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    OT but must correct misinformation....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The S65 is lighter than the S54, revs higher, proven better in motorsport, has more NA potential, and the E92 M3 weighs 100 pounds more than the E46 M3 big deal.
    First two points are spot on. But the weight numbers are incorrect, again Sticky. You are correct that 100 lbs is not a big deal. Unfortunately, the difference is more like 250-300 lbs between similarly optioned E9X and E46 M3's- which is a big deal.

I have seen, witnessed and helped weigh MANY cars for CCA registration. I have seen 36Ms, 46Ms, and 9XM's on the same day. The E9X is typically 250 -300 lbs heavier than a similarly optioned 46M. Not 100. The 46M is also good 200 lbs heavier than the 36M variants.

This is on the same scale, same day (or weekend) and same calibration. No fluff. No magazine wizardry or forum owner bias. Just cars going through tech inspection and getting weighed.

If you are going to use 35XX as the weight of the "E92" - any non-sunroof E46 is on the low end of 32XX not the 34XX figure you repeat. My car weighs 3220 with an 80# stereo/I.C.E. penalty, baby seats and a half tank of gas. Vonb's car weighs just a smidge over 3300 with a sunroof and a half tank - fully stock.

A track prepared E9X that was weighed came in just over 3600 without a backseat, no sunroof, and lightweight wheels/tires. DCT and sunroof cars were 3700 +/- 20 lbs. The vert was just over 3900 and some change. Heaviest 46M was an ESS supercharged fully optioned car (sunroof, nav, etc.) and was in the mid 3400 range.

This isn't the first time you compared the heaviest optioned 46M with one of the lightest optioned E9X variants to make your point hold more water.

Again, the first two points are factually correct. Your third point is data poaching at its finest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately, the difference is more like 250-300 lbs between similarly optioned E9X and E46 M3's- which is a big deal.
    Unfortunately, it is you information that is incorrect:http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...weight-is-35XX

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    I have seen, witnessed and helped weigh MANY cars for CCA registration. I have seen 36Ms, 46Ms, and 9XM's on the same day. The E9X is typically 250 -300 lbs heavier than a similarly optioned 46M. Not 100. The 46M is also good 200 lbs heavier than the 36M variants.
    They are weighed same day with weight output? Record the figures please next time as I'd like to see them.

Here is a DCT E92 M3:

Click here to enlarge

Where is your 3700?

Of course the hardtop convertible will be heavy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From the latest vid I saw of the f80 m3 ripping on the ring, it sounds good, looks quick, and even sounds like it revs higher than a n54. I think the s55 will be great.

Rumor has it, the new m4 concept will be shown on the second week of august
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast