Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

I think we need to start building turbo upgrades for F10 M5's

Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 04-02-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol jump into the M market and bring in the ///Money.

Whispers in background
    And the cost down

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! yes I think you are right!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I thought ams was getting into these? I say do it, bigger profits, smaller market though.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Scratch that, you sit tight and jump on the new m3 when it hits the road Click here to enlarge
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vargas should make these! Get a donor car, make 1k whp and call it a day Click here to enlarge Im sure its not that hard *sarcasm*

If anyone can, Vargas can
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Scratch that, you sit tight and jump on the new m3 when it hits the road Click here to enlarge
    I can't wait for that M3 to come out. Gonna be all over that thing...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I can't wait for that M3 to come out. Gonna be all over that thing...Click here to enlarge
    This. IMHO, F10 market is a waste of time.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Any of you guys intereste in an F10 M5 turbo upgrade

If you guys are interested in a Turbo upgrade thats not gold plated, designed to go fast first, look pretty second, and at a non gold plated price. Let us know and we can see what we can do, jump over into the N54 section and see what we have done with that platform in 6 months, if you are wary. We are vendors here and have made great strides on that platform and plan to do the same on the new M3, and if there is a market the M5. All we would need is a donor set of turbos and we would be off to the races. Just testing the market, if there is one, there is one. If not, will just wait on the M3, I like stirring lots of pots at once..Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    This. IMHO, F10 market is a waste of time.
    Depends -- The S63 Tu has a LOT of untapped motor left in it, it's that curb weight that's killing it. But it def won't be a Turbo P-Car or GTR alternative.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    God Bless -- A reputable turbo builder who's just as eager as the tuners for the new platform to go on sale. Hopefully the motor is stout & can handle the increased boost, bolt-ons & turbo ugprades well.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

would be nice if hardware was out before the software was ready to handle it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy crap would this be awesome. Doubt anyone is going to provide a donor already. And the M5 guys are even worse to deal with than the N54 guys just to let you know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh and the M3 market definitely will be bigger for turbo upgrades.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @akh23456 --- Break that motor in yet? Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This I will be getting on the into list for if I scope an m4, where do I put my deposit down?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How about something for the n63? Will need to look into tuning options though, market is pretty thin in that space...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    How about something for the n63? Will need to look into tuning options though, market is pretty thin in that space...
    N63 definitely makes sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    @akh23456 --- Break that motor in yet? Click here to enlarge

Getting there man this work stuff is holding me back from breaking in the beast.Right now have about 750 miles on her and hopefully this weekend i can get to the magic number and get her serviced next week. I am about to pull the trigger on some spacers and springs this week and hopefully exhaust soon.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i like the strategy of 'build the turbos and the tuners will come'

you make turbos, it's what you do Click here to enlarge

keep making turbos!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think that people will be disappointed. All rumors point to a 3-liter bi-turbo engine with 420hp (underrated, more like 400whp). This means that the engine is already kind of maxed out...ok, maybe 30-50whp more with tuning but I don't see a lot more track-reliable whp coming out of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    I think that people will be disappointed. All rumors point to a 3-liter bi-turbo engine with 420hp (underrated, more like 400whp). This means that the engine is already kind of maxed out...ok, maybe 30-50whp more with tuning but I don't see a lot more track-reliable whp coming out of it.
    Maxed out? Very doubtful. BMW will put headroom on the turbos to ensure reliability. If it actually makes 400whp stock, you'll probably see it hit an easy 500whp with bolt ons and a tune. It's not like they're going to throw the N54 turbos onto the car. And that's just the basics, I'm sure the demand will be there for more aftermarket (like flash tunes and upgraded turbos). Lots of lessons have been learned from the N54.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Can you stop bashing other kits? If you want to make kit make a $#@!ing kit no need to bash other tuners. First you invade their thread on another forum and bash their kit and advertise yourself, then create two threads here to advertise yourself and bash them at the same time.

Friendly competition is more than ok but saying that they have poor products is another.
    You seem to think they are stupid and don't know how build cars. Let their past speak for them.

And they seem to be the nicest people. They haven't said a single word to anyone who has tried to bash them, and there have been quite a few people. They have even requested that they send you their stock turbos to proceed your testing and build on them and for them to be your test mule when you advertised and bashed them. Just childish behaviour.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aaaaaaa Click here to enlarge
    Can you stop bashing other kits? If you want to make kit make a $#@!ing kit no need to bash other tuners. First you invade their thread on another forum and bash their kit and advertise yourself, then create two threads here to advertise yourself and bash them at the same time.

Friendly competition is more than ok but saying that they have poor products is another.
    You seem to think they are stupid and don't know how build cars. Let their past speak for them.

And they seem to be the nicest people. They haven't said a single word to anyone who has tried to bash them, and there have been quite a few people. They have even requested that they send you their stock turbos to proceed your testing and build on them and for them to be your test mule when you advertised and bashed them. Just childish behaviour.
    Actually they have spoken, they contacted me and asked me if I wanted to work with them on building their turbos. So obviously you were more offended than they were. It wasn't really a direct bash, more just noting that what they were showing really wasn't up to what they were asking, and gold plated turbos? Nice screename, sucks you went through all the trouble of signing up just to post this. Hey if you want to spend $19,000 for a turbo upgrade, go right ahead, no one is stopping you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    Most likely it will resemble the N54 in some ways, but maybe sport some forged internals. If this is even slightly the case, bolt a stage 3 style set up on it and you are good for 700HP with no motor worries as know the N54 is good to over 650.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How is a modern 3L turbo engine maxed out at 400whp? Don't expect them to throw N54 turbines on the car or something; the N54 would have a TON of more headroom if BMW didn't use such tiny hair dryers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast