Close

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris3g Click here to enlarge
    so i just got back from the dyno at ICS. They don't have boost working but i just recorded my gauge. I need to look at the video in slo-mo but it was hitting right around 7PSI (which is right where it should be), i have a 96mm pulley.

End results were 554 hp sae, 568 std, 561 unc.

The really interesting thing is what meth was doing to my car. my first 3 dyno runs, with meth flowing, were 506, 506, and 506. I thought there was something wrong with the car. As soon as the meth flow was turned off, the numbers shot up to normal. Basically meth resulted in a 50 whp loss of power! needless to say it's coming out.
    explain your meth system. something is wrong. your probably spraying too much. were you on 93 octane?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    explain your meth system. something is wrong. your probably spraying too much. were you on 93 octane?
    Yes i'm on 93. I think you are right, it's probably spraying too much. I have a coolingmist system, a cm10 nozzle (which i guess is too large) and it was set to min 2psi max 8psi.

I've pretty much decided it isn't worth messing with it, i'm just going to pull it out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes i'm on 93. I think you are right, it's probably spraying too much. I have a coolingmist system, a cm10 nozzle (which i guess is too large) and it was set to min 2psi max 8psi.

I've pretty much decided it isn't worth messing with it, i'm just going to pull it out.
    your results are where they should be for 7.x psi. Id be interested to see what you could do with 100 octane, that seems to be how the "other" 7.x psi kits make so much "more".. in addition to custom tuning.. your right where you should be though

Its odd that your running so lean, even with meth. its a fuel, it should be rich if anything.
    and your def spraying too much and too soon. id set it at 3psi start, 7 psi max, and use a smaller nozzle. cooling only man
    also, whats your mix, too much water, ESPECIALLY with such a large nozzle, is no good

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so much more civil and non childish over here then _ _post. doesn't feel like daddy just mommy at the dinner and we are still eating like nothing happened

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VCMPower Click here to enlarge
    so much more civil and non childish over here then _ _post. doesn't feel like daddy just mommy at the dinner and we are still eating like nothing happened
    A large portion of that is because we are real people, where at .post is the same people using multiple usernames to bash anything not Exx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hurts my brain how many of them "Know Everything" and will fight you till they are blue in the face. I'm 24 and have been specializing in BMW for 7 year now and it's a never ending learning curve keeping up with BMW. It really sucks when you get bashed even though it's the right answer and you have spent a lot time learning and actually doing hands on for some couch clown and his clan to belittle you. Sorry little bit of a rant

A large portion of that is because we are real people, where at .post is the same people using multiple usernames to bash anything not Exx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VCMPower Click here to enlarge
    Hurts my brain how many of them "Know Everything" and will fight you till they are blue in the face.
    It's because the are members of the ESS Mob, and while almost none of these people are mechanics or tuners (not even BMW-specific), they refuse to acknowledge anything questionable associated with the kit, like...

• That when their ESS-625/650 AFR goes 13+ after 7k it's completely safe for the motor
    • @LostMarine can attest to this, but that the ESS kit continues to pull after letting off the gas (and his kit was installed by the ESS #1 East Coast vendor, so install error isn't an excuse)
    • That a supercharged S65 (a super temperature sensative motor) isn't susceptible to heatsoak, which is why the VT1 kits will always run as strong as advertised
    • The never consistent boost numbers & pulley sizes (Euro Size this, US Size that, "Special Customer" size XX)

Even at the beginning, Izzy fought everybody that there were no problems with early build S65s (07/08) with their rod bearings, but meanwhile BMW issued an updated part, it says right on the ESS website that they may need to upgrade to these revised bearings, and NONE of the VT3 guys have decided to use new BMW bearings, but instead super high quality, coated bearings.

I said this already, but I cannot wait to see the fiasco that's going to develop with the next gen M3 and Shiv + Vishnu vs. Roman + ESS
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

i made another graph with A/F for one of the runs w/ meth. I'm not sure why it's not logged for for the meth-off run.

Attachment 30021
    Doesn't look rich to me which I figured it would be super rich with the meth killing power...

I don't get it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    @LostMarine can attest to this, but that the ESS kit continues to pull after letting off the gas (and his kit was installed by the ESS #1 East Coast vendor, so install error isn't an excuse)
    This is a BIG one and I'm still waiting for someone to demonstrate it on video...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

good power man but i just don't get why the line isn't smooth all the way to redline.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    good power man but i just don't get why the line isn't smooth all the way to redline.
    Not sure why it gets a bit choppy either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

your results are where they should be for 7.x psi. Id be interested to see what you could do with 100 octane, that seems to be how the "other" 7.x psi kits make so much "more".. in addition to custom tuning.. your right where you should be though

Its odd that your running so lean, even with meth. its a fuel, it should be rich if anything.
    and your def spraying too much and too soon. id set it at 3psi start, 7 psi max, and use a smaller nozzle. cooling only man
    also, whats your mix, too much water, ESPECIALLY with such a large nozzle, is no good

the meth kit is coming out, after seeing these results I'm just not interested in having such an unknown variable in the car, it just isn't something I'm interested in messing with.

Im actually running a 50/50 mix of 93 and 100 right now (was not running this when I dynoed), mainly because I found a Sunoco nearby that has a 100 pump and wanted to try it. I can't say I feel any real difference (kind of happy about that as it is $10/gallon) but that's not to say it might not add another 20-30hp on the dyno.

Im really not sure what the deal is with that one car that made 600 whp on this dyno, all I know is I have the standard tune, standard 96mm pulley, and my car makes what it should on 93.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Im really not sure what the deal is with that one car that made 600 whp on this dyno, all I know is I have the standard tune, standard 96mm pulley, and my car makes what it should on 93.
    Did you remember to give the dyno operator the wink wink nudge nudge and secret ESS handshake before your run? I hear that's how you hit 600.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I couldn't find a post where you specifically said which kit you're using, but I'm guessing you're running the VT2-625 because you're seeing 7psi (which is what the kit should be producing on 93 octane, according to the ESS Website). AND assuming you're running fully catless, mid-500s is exactly where you should be (with the 650s putting down 570-590). Ironic that the 600 WHP cars are all Northeast guys on the ICS Dyno which cannot has always had a broken sensor, preventing a complete dyno sheet.

EVEN ESS acknowledges that average drivetrain loss is 15%, but these guys using the 650 kits and getting 600 WHP are only seeing ~7% drivetrain loss.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I couldn't find a post where you specifically said which kit you're using, but I'm guessing you're running the VT2-625 because you're seeing 7psi (which is what the kit should be producing on 93 octane, according to the ESS Website). AND assuming you're running fully catless, mid-500s is exactly where you should be (with the 650s putting down 570-590). Ironic that the 600 WHP cars are all Northeast guys on the ICS Dyno which cannot has always had a broken sensor, preventing a complete dyno sheet.

yes that's right, i have the 625. I am catless in the primary position, with oem xpipe w/ secondaries and resonators in place.

I will say this though, i'm sure the guys at ICS have zero agenda whatsoever with ESS. They primarily work on older bmw's and porsche's, i don't think they've even done a s/c install on an e9x. It just happens to be the easiest place to get to from north jersey that works on european cars, and they let me come over late on friday night which was very convenient.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

yes that's right, i have the 625. I am catless in the primary position, with oem xpipe w/ secondaries and resonators in place.
    OEM X-Pipe is gonna rob some power, but no where near the power the primaries are robbing. And the variable isn't the ICS guys..... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

96mm pulley, and my car makes what it should on 93.
    thats not a 625 pulley, thats a 600 pulley

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats not a 625 pulley, thats a 600 pulley
    not anymore, the "old" 625 kit was 7.5 psi, when they revised the kits about 6 months ago the new 625 became 7psi with different software and uses the 96mm pulley, i confirmed this with them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

not anymore, the "old" 625 kit was 7.5 psi, when they revised the kits about 6 months ago the new 625 became 7psi with different software and uses the 96mm pulley, i confirmed this with them.
    thats what they might be telling you. go measure an "old" 600 kit, it has a 96mm pulley

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats what they might be telling you. go measure an "old" 600 kit, it has a 96mm pulley
    i dont know man, this post http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490018 states 98mm pulley for the 600 kit.

why would they want me to make less power than it could?

Regardless, it's supposed to be 7psi and i confirmed that it hits that (i think it went a bit over actually) during the dyno pull.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i dont know man, this post http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490018 states 98mm pulley for the 600 kit.

Regardless, it's supposed to be 7psi and i confirmed that it hits that (i think it went a bit over actually) during the dyno pull.
    i dont care what that says. ive measured non biased owners pulleys, and 96 is what they have, 97mm is what the 535 upgraded pulley was that i got from them FYI
    the fact you are seeing 7 psi clearly shows its not 6 psi, as is sold with the old 600 kits rated at 6.5 psi. here is the pulley games everyone speaks of..

im just saying..even izzy says 7 psi pulley is 92 mm:
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...60&postcount=9

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i dont care what that says. ive measured non biased owners pulleys, and 96 is what they have, 97mm is what the 535 upgraded pulley was that i got from them FYI
    the fact you are seeing 7 psi clearly shows its not 6 psi, as is sold with the old 600 kits rated at 6.5 psi. here is the pulley games everyone speaks of..

im just saying..even izzy says 7 psi pulley is 92 mm:
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...60&postcount=9
    when i had the 535, my standard pulley was 103mm and then the upgraded pulley i got was 99mm.

i know longboarder has a 625 and he had a 96mm pulley, he also said he tried a 92mm and didn't make any additional power. i guess i am giving up on trying make sense of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

when i had the 535, my standard pulley was 103mm and then the upgraded pulley i got was 99mm.

i know longboarder has a 625 and he had a 96mm pulley, he also said he tried a 92mm and didn't make any additional power. i guess i am giving up on trying make sense of it.
    like i said, pulley games. just showing you some guys get 96mm with a 600, some get 92 with a 625, some get 103 for 535 and 97 for "upgraded" etc..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yeah we make less power every time we raise boost too!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

So 535 = 103mm, 575 = 99mm, 600 = 96mm, 625 =n 92mm? Does that seem right?

I haven't been able to get a boost reading yet. I don't know if you saw my other post about it, but i got the obdii/torque setup and it worked great, until I found out that the map sensor has an upper limit of 120kpa/17.4 psi, which means I can only read up to 2.7 psi of boost. I'm hitting that around 5k rpm.

I'm thinking about doing a CM meth setup like yours and then i guess i can finally get a boost rreading from that.
    we talked about this before

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast