Close

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    we talked about this before
    i know, i didn't forget. I was taking a guess there, and i think you replied that you weren't sure at the time. That was also before they revised the kits, as i said Roman told me that pre-revision they were using smaller pulleys.

Anyway, my car is making above rated power with the 96mm, so i am happy. I could throw on a 92, but based on Longboarder's dynos it won't make much difference.

I agree 100% that the whole pulley mystery thing is annoying, i've said a bunch of times the size of the pulley should be marked right on it and there should be no question about which pulley comes with which kit, but whatever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris3g Click here to enlarge
    Longboarder's dynos it won't make much difference.
    lol, that guy makes 585hp at 5.5 psi though.. i wouldnt count on his statements holding water

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, that guy makes 585hp at 5.5 psi though..
    Didn't you know, him + Drew both have the ESS-West Coast Custom kits. Record HP numbers on 91 octane & low boost.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, that guy makes 585hp at 5.5 psi though.. i wouldnt count on his statements holding water
    5.5 psi you would need a pretty large blower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    5.5 psi you would need a pretty large blower.
    his words, he boasts about it all over.

i think he just has a leak in his line and like claiming less boost..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not sure why it gets a bit choppy either.
    i was just looking at my files again, i have a 4th gear run where it made a bit less power but the line is very smooth. the 5th gear runs are all pretty choppy looking. i'm not sure what that means.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i was just looking at my files again, i have a 4th gear run where it made a bit less power but the line is very smooth. the 5th gear runs are all pretty choppy looking. i'm not sure what that means.

Click here to enlarge

I can say it, not sure you want to hear it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can say it, not sure you want to hear it..
    I guess I do? What do you think ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess I do? What do you think ?
    i think its pulling timing, most likely due to heatsoak

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think its pulling timing, most likely due to heatsoak
    if anything though the smooth run in 4th gear was the heatsoaked run, that was the last pull after a bunch in a row, they have pretty inadequate cooling in there and the shop owner also commented that he felt it was heatsoaked at that point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if anything though the smooth run in 4th gear was the heatsoaked run, that was the last pull after a bunch in a row, they have pretty inadequate cooling in there and the shop owner also commented that he felt it was heatsoaked at that point.
    you would be suprised the rise in IAT from a prolonged 5th gr vs a 4th gear pull; the tables are vastly different and im sure the tune is oh so sensitive to adjust in 5th as opposed t 4th

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    5th Gear Pull is also going to take longer than a 4th Gear Pull, so that's additional exposure (and potential) for heatsoaking to result in pulled timing -- which creates the ugly line in the upper RPMs, which is the S65's "happy zone"

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the 4th gear one isn't that smooth either but much better than your 5th gear....Just look at other sc companies graph at zero smoothing.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    the 4th gear one isn't that smooth either but much better than your 5th gear....Just look at other sc companies graph at zero smoothing.
    i overlayed some runs i grabbed from the dyno database. A vf620, and AA gen 2 level 2, my best 5th gear, and my 4th gear. The 4th gear run looks pretty smooth to me, pretty similar to the AA line although i assume that was 5th gear? I don't know if it's typical for a 4th gear run to be smoother, it was just something i noticed when i was looking at my files. I'm also assuming that the part where i put the arrow is a dyno glitch. The 5th gear run looks pretty much like the VF graph. Honestly i'm really not that interested in comparing kits, i just want to make sure i dont have some kind of major problem that needs to be looked at. After looking through some other files my results don't really look that unusual.

Click here to enlarge

Andrew, AFR is not logged and i do not know why. It was only recorded on one of the runs where i had the meth flowing, the rest are blank. That graph is posted earlier in thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i overlayed some runs i grabbed from the dyno database. A vf620, and AA gen 2 level 2, my best 5th gear, and my 4th gear. The 4th gear run looks pretty smooth to me, pretty similar to the AA line although i assume that was 5th gear? I don't know if it's typical for a 4th gear run to be smoother, it was just something i noticed when i was looking at my files. I'm also assuming that the part where i put the arrow is a dyno glitch. The 5th gear run looks pretty much like the VF graph. Honestly i'm really not that interested in comparing kits, i just want to make sure i dont have some kind of major problem that needs to be looked at. After looking through some other files my results don't really look that unusual.

Click here to enlarge

Andrew, AFR is not logged and i do not know why. It was only recorded on one of the runs where i had the meth flowing, the rest are blank. That graph is posted earlier in thread.
    Who's car has the blue Afr?

I think we ran in 4th. Grab your 5th gear run and our run and switch the bottom from rpm to speed and double check.
    Last edited by Andrew@activeautowerke; 05-03-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Who's car has the blue Afr?

I think we ran in 4th. Grab your 5th gear run and our run and switch the bottom from rpm to speed and double check.
    the blue afr is the VF620 car i pulled from the dyno db.

here's your run, my 4th, and my 5th mapped against speed. It does look like 4th, i dont know how to account for the 8mph difference but it's definitely not 5th, right?

the "smoothness" factor looks ok to me in my admittedly uninformed opinion.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Green line gets really funky at 100+, no idea how many RPMs that is

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    we only run 8100 rpm so im not sure how we ran a higher mph than you did. Do you have a 6 speed if not Wheel size or miscalibrated dyno.
    Last edited by Andrew@activeautowerke; 05-03-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    we only run 8100 rpm so im not sure how we ran a higher mph than you did. Do you have a 6 speed if not Wheel size or miscalibrated dyno.

you know what i wasn't reading it right, it's not an 8mph difference, it's only a few mph and i have 295/30/19 which are 1.3% smaller, so i guess that explains it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its possible. Those afr's are lean on the Vf though. I would be very curious to see yours as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its possible. Those afr's are lean on the Vf though. I would be very curious to see yours as well.
    i'm getting my meth pulled out and some other stuff next week. once everything is done i'll go back and get some more pulls in, this time i will make sure afr is getting logged properly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i'm getting my meth pulled out and some other stuff next week. once everything is done i'll go back and get some more pulls in, this time i will make sure afr is getting logged properly.
    Good thinking. If its running lean you can get them to fix it quick before it takes its toll. Hopefully its not though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This seems to be a consistent "problem" associated with the 650 BHP kits. Is the OEM fuel system just not able to keep up with the fuel required for the Vortech & High Revs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This seems to be a consistent "problem" associated with the 650 BHP kits. Is the OEM fuel system just not able to keep up with the fuel required for the Vortech & High Revs?
    I haven't encountered any fuel issues yet. Like I was saying before we have the ysi on the low compression motor making over 600 right now on stock fuel pump.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast