Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delphi Premium GDi High Pressure Fuel Pump and direct injection fuel system upgrades

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A cam driven pump has a plunger that rides on a cam lobe. The cam lobe forces the plunger up creating the high pressure fuel.
    ahhh
    And the cam lobe isn't belt driven?

I take it that's where the 'rpm' limitation is - in the spring

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    ahhh
    And the cam lobe isn't belt driven?

I take it that's where the 'rpm' limitation is - in the spring
    Could be - could also be another physical limitation. I am betting - however, that given the straight up hard RPM limit - that the ECU might be lacking in power. Cost savings in this area makes sense for practical applications...

Hard to say for sure - curious what the answer is. I guess pressure fall off could happen at high engine speeds too... LOL - I have no idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Could be - could also be another physical limitation. I am betting - however, that given the straight up hard RPM limit - that the ECU might be lacking in power. Cost savings in this area makes sense for practical applications...

Hard to say for sure - curious what the answer is. I guess pressure fall off could happen at high engine speeds too... LOL - I have no idea.
    Ahmmm true, inlet may not be able to flow past 7500, cavitation etc... Or it could be a 'warrantied' limitation, and it SHOULD go higher - no sense in advertising over 80% duty cycle usually?

so far i'm pretty convinced i'll have to go PI, and just to be sure turn the DI off (or way down) at higher rpm's, looks like my build is extended by another 12mth so i can playthe waiting game haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    Ahmmm true, inlet may not be able to flow past 7500, cavitation etc... Or it could be a 'warrantied' limitation, and it SHOULD go higher - no sense in advertising over 80% duty cycle usually?

so far i'm pretty convinced i'll have to go PI, and just to be sure turn the DI off (or way down) at higher rpm's, looks like my build is extended by another 12mth so i can playthe waiting game haha
    I have been following your posts on the prospective build. What are the goals?

It's a long wait - but I am sure it will be a good outcome. Sounds like you want things to be "right" (whatever that means). Click here to enlarge

cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I have been following your posts on the prospective build. What are the goals?

It's a long wait - but I am sure it will be a good outcome. Sounds like you want things to be "right" (whatever that means). Click here to enlarge

cheers
    As of the last few weeks it's suddenly become a lot more than just an engine swap... As in.. Full strip down and respray (black again but with a slight orange pearl and orange metal/flake is my current and probably certain choice), widened rear (was always the plan), 1m battery tray/quads (but more functional i hope) etc... After it comes off the road in a few months, after i move house... which is the only other 'big' part i guess as i dont see a need to do an interior retrim (i *like* a 'plain' interior with nice materials) or anything else 'BIG'

Engine wise alone? Forged/balanced bottom end with as many strengthening bits exist at time of build.. Ported head new valves etc.. As high an rpm limit as is permitted by everything else (tuning/fuelling) with how much power i make entirely dictated by that and what turbo will even fit (damn rhd) since i can't just fit a stage 3 set Click here to enlarge.. So some sort of top mount single probably depending on what turns out as a good idea for the N54... LSD/driveshafts/nice clutch etc etc etc

so yeah, it's gone from 'i would like it done in the next 6 months to' '6 months ahahahahah'.. Besides, right now with how much stuff comes out every month, waiting isn't a bad thing.. Going to do a lot more myself too, rather than give it to a shop...

Sometimes i think about how much easier it would be just to get a different (more expensive/better engined to start with.. And Or simpler, like a clean supra or GTR Skyline etc.) car and forget the headache of it all... Then i remember how awesome and damn near perfect for me it's going to be Click here to enlarge (and how useful a hatch is over a coupe haha)

so 'right' comes down to as complete and perfect as my bank account can handle hahahah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12