Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Much needed engine bay work next weekend

Collected all the bits i need and want to replace, spark plugs, boost solenoids, vac lines and plan on doing the lot next weekend [weather permitting]!

Rough idea on time needed? I figured 1 hour to remove cowl and engine cover?
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cowl and engine bay cover should be 15mins top.
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe if it is your first time. After it is 10-15 minutes tops. Took me longer trying to put everything back together lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cowl, engine cover, 15 mins. just follow your JB4 install manual for that. (engine is just four screws). As long as you have all the tools you are all set.

for plugs, it takes nothing but take care when you do it. Also you should have the spark lug tool and a torque wrench.

Boost solenoids are also easy to replace. I suggets removing the canisters when you do it. @cwarren did it for me, and it was much easier with the canister (from the solenoids side removed).

Vac lines take no time...

Make sure you do all of this in one time to save overhead of removing cowl, cover and putting them back on
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Marv, yeh will start 1st thing saturday morning and get it all done hopefully. Hear the rear vac lines are a pain in the ass though.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    Hey Marv, yeh will start 1st thing saturday morning and get it all done hopefully. Hear the rear vac lines are a pain in the ass though.
    Hey buddy Click here to enlarge, what vac line are your referring to? I changed most of them when I did my boost solenoids, they were fairly easy. I think you are referring to the line connecting to the WG , then yeah it's a pain
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    Hey buddy Click here to enlarge, what vac line are your referring to? I changed most of them when I did my boost solenoids, they were fairly easy. I think you are referring to the line connecting to the WG , then yeah it's a pain
    Yeh mate thats the one, will change what i can in the hope it corrects my leak. boost solenoids, someone said 30 minutes easy?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    Yeh mate thats the one, will change what i can in the hope it corrects my leak. boost solenoids, someone said 30 minutes easy?
    the annoying part about the boost solenoids was there is two nuts that hold them. one is on the top and the other is on the bottom hidden by the device itself. the bottom one is a pain and that's why I said remove one of the canisters, it gives you more space.