Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BMW Vision Efficient Dynamics Gets Green Light for Production

nside Line publishes an interesting report tonight. According to BMW executive present at the 5 Series launch, the last year stunning Concept, Vision EfficientDynamics receives greenlight as a production car coming in 2013. The breaking news are not really….new, in the past, BMW acknowledged several times that a variant of the VED Concept will eventually make it into production. The underpinnings of the car are already near production ready, including the hybrid drivetrain and the new 3-cylinder diesel engine. Clearly, several modifications to the exterior and interior design need to be made.
    The power and performance of the VED are made possible by combining a fuel-efficient 1.5 liter 3-cylinder turbodiesel with one electric motor on each axle. The intelligent combination of these units, together with precisely controlled energy management, simultaneously enhances the dynamic performance and the efficiency of the car. Overall system output is 356 horsepower, and peak torque is 590 lb-ft.

Click here to enlarge

BMW can efficient dynamic my nut sack, give me power in my super car. Let people in Prius's worry about MPG, you give me supercar performance with a supercar price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know, this whole electric car thing is on the cusp of exploding IMO. I can't wait for it! Electrics can put down serious SERIOUS power and 100% torque from a stand still. Minus the exhaust not, gimme an electric any day!
    335is Coupe Space Gray; ZPP, 609, 2TC, 688, 494 and 6FL.
    Matte Black M310 19's | Michelin PSS 235/35F, 265/30R | COBB AccessPORT
    | Eibach Pro Street S | Painted reflectors | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles

Modding ain't easy Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tag824 Click here to enlarge
    I don't know, this whole electric car thing is on the cusp of exploding IMO. I can't wait for it! Electrics can put down serious SERIOUS power and 100% torque from a stand still. Minus the exhaust not, gimme an electric any day!
    100% torque from a stop is awesome... except when it sounds like a vacuum cleaner and you have it for 3 acceleration runs before you limp home to plug it in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We'll see what it sounds like and how long they run. BMW is known for coming up with creative solutions to issues like this. Don't be surprised if it sounds awesome in a non-vacuum way and can take you the same distance a gas powered car can today in the not too distant future.
    335is Coupe Space Gray; ZPP, 609, 2TC, 688, 494 and 6FL.
    Matte Black M310 19's | Michelin PSS 235/35F, 265/30R | COBB AccessPORT
    | Eibach Pro Street S | Painted reflectors | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles

Modding ain't easy Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tag824 Click here to enlarge
    We'll see what it sounds like and how long they run. BMW is known for coming up with creative solutions to issues like this. Don't be surprised if it sounds awesome in a non-vacuum way and can take you the same distance a gas powered car can today in the not too distant future.
    True, maybe match the distance and performance in 25 years Click here to enlarge

I would rather mod my car by changing the exhaust than plugging in a USB cable downloading new firmware.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will have my electric w/ speakers on the outside and a sub to simulate a "fake" exhaust note! Click here to enlarge I can have any exhaust note I want! LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    God, wait till people start to hack the exhaust note hardware. There is going to be some ridiculous noises.