Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Odd we haven't seen many true out of state customer times posted. With 25 kits going to fairly serious enthusiasts I'd expect a lot more activity at this point in the game.
    I am really surprised at that number. I always thought he sold a dozen or so. Very little chatter for that many sets going out.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lots of chatter from
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    I read your replies v8 and you were spot on in general, but Shiv was speaking about turbo life. Of course engine life is important, but it doesn’t have to be a choice… just reduce HP. Many will tune conservatively depending on fuel. Maybe Shiv should have refrained from replying, but the tech on E90 is rare these days. I have become a BB convert.
    Well, I wasn't really trying to catch him or anything, I'm not like that. It's just his idea of a technical conversation usually focuses on whatever his agenda tends to be, conveniently ignoring other things that may positively impact the equation. These equations are not simple, I'll give you an example of how a computer from the early 1990's calculates base pulse width:

BPW = BPC * MAP * T * A/F * VE * BVC * BLM * DFCO * DE * CLT * TBM (Cut/paste from the code in one of my cars)

If you think the equations on our cars are any simpler, you're wrong, they are way, way longer. That's partly why they are easy to tune for incremental upgrades. But he seems to just focus on tech that fits his message... his original message wasn't focused on the turbos, but it narrowed down as more "tech" (that he well knows) was acknowledged by him, and he focused his statements more. But you'll notice he still slips his quips in, while restating general facts. It's psychology, and its manipulative. But hey, it's all good. Doesn't hurt me any, I'll talk tech (computer, car, medical, biological) anytime. Agendas bother me, however.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

4 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Well, I wasn't really trying to catch him or anything, I'm not like that. It's just his idea of a technical conversation usually focuses on whatever his agenda tends to be, conveniently ignoring other things that may positively impact the equation. These equations are not simple, I'll give you an example of how a computer from the early 1990's calculates base pulse width:

BPW = BPC * MAP * T * A/F * VE * BVC * BLM * DFCO * DE * CLT * TBM (Cut/paste from the code in one of my cars)

If you think the equations on our cars are any simpler, you're wrong, they are way, way longer. That's partly why they are easy to tune for incremental upgrades. But he seems to just focus on tech that fits his message... his original message wasn't focused on the turbos, but it narrowed down as more "tech" (that he well knows) was acknowledged by him, and he focused his statements more. But you'll notice he still slips his quips in, while restating general facts. It's psychology, and its manipulative. But hey, it's all good. Doesn't hurt me any, I'll talk tech (computer, car, medical, biological) anytime. Agendas bother me, however.
    Maybe he works for Fox News, because they do the same thing. It's called 'cherry-picking' facts. You take a conclusion you want to get across, then you pick the facts to support it. It's very backwards from what you're supposed to do (analyze all the facts and then draw a conclusion). In all my political and tech discussions, I've found the people who tend to be the best at it, tend to be those who don't even realize they're doing it. But the ones who actually make money at it know exactly what they're doing.

Definitely a psychology thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Got word from Tony yesterday, on the 91 octane tune we did on the dyno that day car barely reaches 1600F at redline Click here to enlarge there we go, EGT fear mongering on 91 with low timing high boost no more heh more to follow from Tony

I find it interesting with same boost yet a lot more timing and meth Shiv's ST runs 1700F..this makes our preliminary 91 oct tune with twins even "cooler" (pun intended)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Got word from Tony yesterday, on the 91 octane tune we did on the dyno that day car barely reaches 1600F at redline Click here to enlarge there we go, EGT fear mongering on 91 with low timing high boost no more heh more to follow from Tony

I find it interesting with same boost yet a lot more timing and meth Shiv's ST runs 1700F..this makes our preliminary 91 oct tune with twins even "cooler" (pun intended)
    I'm sure the next question will be placement of the probe(s) Click here to enlarge (good joke waiting in there) Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice to have some data to go off now. No surprises here for those who are not skeptical. Hopefully, rage for those who are.

Joke #1- The women at e90 are always complaining about surprise probe placement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Nice to have some data to go off now. No surprises here for those who are not skeptical. Hopefully, rage for those who are.

Joke #1- The women at e90 are always complaining about surprise probe placement.
    lol @ joke
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Joke #2 - Kids at E90 trying to remain skeptical: I'm not saying this EGT probe was aliens... but it was aliens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good data on the EGT. Like I was telling Tony at the track I don't really get all the fear mongering that goes on on e90post at times.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Really? $#@!ing really? That coming from you?
    Took the words out of my mouth...

Good data on the EGT. Like I was telling Tony at the track I don't really get all the fear mongering that goes on on e90post at times.
    It's how the Shivster sells products
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Be honest, anything thats a non-shiv product and better than a shiv product is 2 WOT away from melting your turbos, blowing the engine and raising your cholesterol.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont see what the big arguement about tuning on 91 is...I think its great that there is a base tune for 91. What happens if the guy at the pump puts in 91 Instead of 93? Or 89 for that matter? A conservative tune that doesnt push the limits is a good safety net.

I had a friend who used to work at a well known domestic racing shop back in the day....they would build 900hp big blocks and tune the carbs on 87 octane, and still make 700+ to the ground. All for that 'just incase the idiot at the pump puts the wrong gas in and I dont destroy my $60k race motor'. And it saved one guys motor that i know of.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Loving the EGT numbers Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    happy to be able to read this again Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    I dont see what the big arguement about tuning on 91 is...I think its great that there is a base tune for 91. What happens if the guy at the pump puts in 91 Instead of 93? Or 89 for that matter? A conservative tune that doesnt push the limits is a good safety net.

I had a friend who used to work at a well known domestic racing shop back in the day....they would build 900hp big blocks and tune the carbs on 87 octane, and still make 700+ to the ground. All for that 'just incase the idiot at the pump puts the wrong gas in and I dont destroy my $60k race motor'. And it saved one guys motor that i know of.
    Well, I would like to think no one, who has a pro tune, or just n54 in general would be so negligent. Even a stock n54 would run like crap on 87.

Also I think the intent is to push, but safe. If PTF just based everything off of 87, we wouldn't see what might have been.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
    Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / DCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 Click here to enlarge
    Well, I would like to think no one, who has a pro tune, or just n54 in general would be so negligent. Even a stock n54 would run like crap on 87.

Also I think the intent is to push, but safe. If PTF just based everything off of 87, we wouldn't see what might have been.
    but 91 is the most street octane a Californian can get

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes I know, first had experience. But to clarify, its ACN 91, even worse. So essentially pushing the limits on 91 itself has a cushion because you can't push as much if you were 93.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Maybe he works for Fox News, because they do the same thing.
    Click here to enlargeRepped!
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

In NJ, you arent allowed to pump your own gas. More than once has the ignorant attendee pumped regular despite the request for 93. Which is why i always attempt to pump myself anyway or watch the guy do it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    In NJ, you arent allowed to pump your own gas. More than once has the ignorant attendee pumped regular despite the request for 93. Which is why i always attempt to pump myself anyway or watch the guy do it.
    Oh ok, I can smell what you are stepping in now. What do you do? do you watch and make sure? yikes...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh ok, I can smell what you are stepping in now. What do you do? do you watch and make sure? yikes...
    yes, you make sure they hit the right one

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    yes, you make sure they hit the right one
    man, not to be off topic, but holy crap. This has got to be an inconvenience for your guys over there. What if you want E85 Blends, LOL, what do you tell them? OK, now make sure you put in 8 gallons of E85 and the rest 93. Holy Cow!

But I guess I would easily trade ACN 91 for Full Pump Service any day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Maybe he works for Fox News, because they do the same thing. It's called 'cherry-picking' facts. You take a conclusion you want to get across, then you pick the facts to support it. It's very backwards from what you're supposed to do (analyze all the facts and then draw a conclusion). In all my political and tech discussions, I've found the people who tend to be the best at it, tend to be those who don't even realize they're doing it. But the ones who actually make money at it know exactly what they're doing.

Definitely a psychology thing.
    confirmation bias

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    confirmation bias
    Bingo. That's the phrase I was looking for.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast