Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

First time to the track. 12.5 @ 117.3

I don't know if this is good or not. Full tank of gas on 9" all seasons. Had 2 extra sets of DPs, golf clubs and body armor in the trunk.

120' elevation
    43*
    HR 41
    AB 30

2009 335i RWD coupe. AT
    417rwhp

Mods:
    Cobb ProTuned
    ETS 5" FMIC
    DCI
    CP-E catted DPs
    335is exhaust
    Quaife LSD
    Conti DWS

R/T .102
    60' 1.981
    330 5.487
    1/8 8.254
    MPH 90.22
    1000 10.610
    1/4 12.581
    MPH 117.30
    Last edited by El Duce; 03-30-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    pretty damn good, what track?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Meant to say it also has 50/50 meth through 1x 1mm nozzle

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    pretty damn good, what track?
    Capitol Raceway in Maryland

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice run man, that's some serious trap speed!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Nice run man, that's some serious trap speed!
    Yeah, I knew she was strong up top because I was routinely either walking away from other cars or reeling them in at that end of the track.

I wasn't sure if I could get closer to 12.0 or not, but some thought if I wasn't hauling all that stuff that it could have been close.

The one thing I do like about the whole thing was that I was pulling this off in the car just as I would drive it any day of the week 100 miles round trip to work and I was beating built fox-body Mustang and Z28s whose exhaust and jarring ride would give me a headache within 5 minutes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice! I will have to go with you next time to see if my car can repeat its performance there.

Are you running e85? Also I'd take the stuff out of your trunk and go on less gas, you'll pick up a bit there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeel Click here to enlarge
    Very nice! I will have to go with you next time to see if my car can repeat its performance there.

Are you running e85? Also I'd take the stuff out of your trunk and go on less gas, you'll pick up a bit there.
    No E85.

I ran against a guy with a 335is and it's amazing how much the DCT does for the car. He was running JB4 and DCI and I beat him by .003. He was having a difficult time though getting a consistent launch all night.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by El Duce Click here to enlarge
    No E85.

I ran against a guy with a 335is and it's amazing how much the DCT does for the car. He was running JB4 and DCI and I beat him by .003. He was having a difficult time though getting a consistent launch all night.
    Yup, if your a newb to know how to launching this car without breaking something it can be PITA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great trap but I think if you improve that 60 foot it may come down. One way to find out...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Has any one done any proving that the Alpina Flash can improve 1/4 mile runs?
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
    Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / DCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice run. Get that 60' down and you'll be knocking on 11s!

Have a log of the run? You can use that to evaluate whether you need more meth, more or less advance, etc.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did you start in second gear? I hear thats the best trick with doing the launches on a AT 335.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Did you start in second gear? I hear thats the best trick with doing the launches on a AT 335.
    What about manual? First gear seems to slip a lot....
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hkninja Click here to enlarge
    What about manual? First gear seems to slip a lot....
    LMAO, manual is much harder. That's when real driver skill comes into play. When I find out any tricks, I'll let you know haha. For now with manual transmission the best I've done is like a 2.1 60' which is horrible.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Yup, if your a newb to know how to launching this car without breaking something it can be PITA

please enlighten me/us (n00bs)!

here and there I have been trying to get some feedback on the best way to launch AT (2007). If someone can direct me to a thread that explains, that would be great. So far I was told to launch in 2nd Gear, but beyond that I have no idea. The last thing I want to do is put unnecessary stress on the transmission. 367 whp/394 wtq on DynoDynamics / 415 whp/443 wtq on Dynojet. Getting TCU Flashed end of this week.

sorry my intent is not to thread jack. just hungry for information. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
    Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / DCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    LMAO, manual is much harder. That's when real driver skill comes into play. When I find out any tricks, I'll let you know haha. For now with manual transmission the best I've done is like a 2.1 60' which is horrible.
    I'd say your 60ft is mostly due to being fwd which is no easy feat to launch especially when you got power under the hood.

Funny enough my best 60fts have also been 2.1, but my excuse is that I am still on stock runflats lol. Going to get rid of these combat boots soon.

OP, next time try making a pass with half a tank or less.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    I'd say your 60ft is mostly due to being fwd which is no easy feat to launch especially when you got power under the hood.

Funny enough my best 60fts have also been 2.1, but my excuse is that I am still on stock runflats lol. Going to get rid of these combat boots soon.

OP, next time try making a pass with half a tank or less.Click here to enlarge
    Yea I will have to agree, and that it was my first and only pass at a 1/4 mile lol. I'm sure I could have lowered it down. It was that I was too conservative on the start, I didn't think my tires would grip as well as it did and it kinda jerked and stumbled, if you know what I mean. Next time though, there is another guy with over 500whp and he does 1.6 60' in a cobalt SS LOL.
    Burger Motorsports