Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: One Thirty Drive

              
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    114
    Rep Points
    422.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    One Thirty Drive

    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,501
    Rep Points
    3,357.9
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Looking good.... I'd take off the front plate if I were u

    Evolve Supercharged ///M3

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    114
    Rep Points
    422.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking good.... I'd take off the front plate if I were u
    Thanks. I'd prefer to lose the front plate, but I don't want to give 'em a reason. Know what I mean? Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    5,257
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice pics & car scoop some wheels Click here to enlarge
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    6,826
    Rep Points
    4,084.7
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    41


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks like a beautiful day up stunt/mulholland. Car is looking good man.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    114
    Rep Points
    422.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice pics & car scoop some wheels Click here to enlarge
    Glad you like. All in good time, but a midpipe and FMIC might sneak in there first. Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    114
    Rep Points
    422.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like a beautiful day up stunt/mulholland. Car is looking good man.
    Gracias. It's actually PV, but you're giving me ideas...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,915
    Rep Points
    1,826.8
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice car! A new set of wheels would make it look tons better. Wheels make a huge difference on 1 series IMO.
    John 3:16


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    114
    Rep Points
    422.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice car! A new set of wheels would make it look tons better. Wheels make a huge difference on 1 series IMO.
    I wholeheartedly agree, which is why it's such a shame the offsets are so difficult to work with. Really wanted to go BBS, but might have to stick with Apex or BMW to keep everything playing nice down there.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,915
    Rep Points
    1,826.8
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Inconspicuous Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wholeheartedly agree, which is why it's such a shame the offsets are so difficult to work with. Really wanted to go BBS, but might have to stick with Apex or BMW to keep everything playing nice down there.
    Yeah, I went with APEX myself. The ARC 8 but the new EC 7 look much better, just a bit heavier.
    John 3:16


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,501
    Rep Points
    3,357.9
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I agree, some wheels would look nice. I'm not sure what wheels would look good on the 1. I like the apex ar8's but the thing that annoys me is unless you go with 17's, the apex arc 8 has no concavity with the 335 and I think as well as the 1. The concavity of the arc8 on a e46 m3 or e92 m3 is what makes it look so good IMO.

    I'm looking at BBS Lm's right now, it's hard to resist such a classic wheel.

    Evolve Supercharged ///M3

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    114
    Rep Points
    422.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I went with APEX myself. The ARC 8 but the new EC 7 look much better, just a bit heavier.
    Both of those have been on my radar for awhile now. I think if the priority is performance over all else (unsprung weight, tread width), APEX is the obvious choice. At that price point, nothing I've found even comes close. But if I'm being completely honest with myself, the car is on the street far more often than the track. So then I start wondering whether I'd give up 10mm of rubber for purely aesthetic reasons, which isn't a crazy thought for a DD. It's a happy dilemma, I suppose. Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,915
    Rep Points
    1,826.8
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    All I know is my car rides a lot better with the ARC 8's compared to stock. There is a huge difference in the handling and feel of the car. I never track my car either. I'm running 235's in the front and 265 in the rear, but you can opt for 275 for the rear if you want with no modifications to the body.
    John 3:16


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    5,257
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I got 275 star specs on my arc 8's no rub
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    114
    Rep Points
    422.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, some wheels would look nice. I'm not sure what wheels would look good on the 1. I like the apex ar8's but the thing that annoys me is unless you go with 17's, the apex arc 8 has no concavity with the 335 and I think as well as the 1. The concavity of the arc8 on a e46 m3 or e92 m3 is what makes it look so good IMO.

    I'm looking at BBS Lm's right now, it's hard to resist such a classic wheel.
    And that's why the high offsets are such a bummer, as they make it very tricky to get that sort of concavity without some compromises. Both the ARC-8 and EC-7 look spectacular in their more concave profiles, but they won't fit on an E82/E88 without a fair bit of custom work (1M excluded of course). And this isn't endemic to the APEX offerings, any wheel with enough concavity to achieve the desired effect is inevitably going to have an offset too low for the chassis. I believe the E9x crowd has more wiggle room in this respect, the 1-series offsets are particularly restrictive.

    BBS LMs always have been and always will be one of my all time favorite wheel designs. Timeless race-inspired look that never gets old for me. The good news is you can get them in pretty much whatever custom offset your heart desires. The bad news is what it'll cost you. Such is life.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    114
    Rep Points
    422.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I know is my car rides a lot better with the ARC 8's compared to stock. There is a huge difference in the handling and feel of the car. I never track my car either. I'm running 235's in the front and 265 in the rear, but you can opt for 275 for the rear if you want with no modifications to the body.
    Oh, I don't doubt it. I'm sure for all out grip and traction, APEX is the way to go. I think if I went that route, I'd take it a step further and do what's necessary to squeeze in 255/285 (camber plates, fender roll/flare, etc.).

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,501
    Rep Points
    3,357.9
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Inconspicuous Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And that's why the high offsets are such a bummer, as they make it very tricky to get that sort of concavity without some compromises. Both the ARC-8 and EC-7 look spectacular in their more concave profiles, but they won't fit on an E82/E88 without a fair bit of custom work (1M excluded of course). And this isn't endemic to the APEX offerings, any wheel with enough concavity to achieve the desired effect is inevitably going to have an offset too low for the chassis. I believe the E9x crowd has more wiggle room in this respect, the 1-series offsets are particularly restrictive.

    BBS LMs always have been and always will be one of my all time favorite wheel designs. Timeless race-inspired look that never gets old for me. The good news is you can get them in pretty much whatever custom offset your heart desires. The bad news is what it'll cost you. Such is life.
    The other bad news about BBS Lm's is that they are heavy. One wheel I found that has looks, awesome concavity and is light weight is the Morr VS8.2. They are only 19.5 lbs front and 21 lbs in the rear (19x9.5 and 19x10). For 19's that is pretty light! They are expensive....

    I sold mine when I was planning on parting out the car so now I'm back to looking for wheels. I don't track my car at all but I'm not excited about putting real heavy wheels on the car.

    Evolve Supercharged ///M3

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    114
    Rep Points
    422.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got 275 star specs on my arc 8's no rub
    How do you like the Star Specs? Do they have a relatively narrow shoulder profile? My Michelin PSS must run a bit wide, as I had a slight rub initially in the right rear with just a 255 even before lowering (went away after a day or two).

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    114
    Rep Points
    422.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The other bad news about BBS Lm's is that they are heavy. One wheel I found that has looks, awesome concavity and is light weight is the Morr VS8.2. They are only 19.5 lbs front and 21 lbs in the rear (19x9.5 and 19x10). For 19's that is pretty light! They are expensive....

    I sold mine when I was planning on parting out the car so now I'm back to looking for wheels. I don't track my car at all but I'm not excited about putting real heavy wheels on the car.
    So you're telling me the LMs fatten your car and lighten your wallet at the same time? Where do I sign up? (Who I am I kidding, I still love 'em.)

    I looked up the Morr, and they are everything you claim. Unfortunately, the only 135i I found that had them fitted also happened to be sporting a front end widebody kit (also, the wheels were green, but that's neither here nor there). Factory offsets for the E82/E88 are ET49 F and ET52 R. That's just meanspirited.

    I like weight reduction as much as the next guy, but the 135i is so under-tired out of the box that adding tread width probably pays greater dividends than trimming unsprung mass, all else being equal.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,501
    Rep Points
    3,357.9
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Morr is custom, u could call them...heh. Yea I hear you, decisions ....decisions

    Evolve Supercharged ///M3

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    100,589
    Rep Points
    24,181.9
    Mentioned
    1525 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    242


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Inconspicuous Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks. I'd prefer to lose the front plate, but I don't want to give 'em a reason. Know what I mean? Click here to enlarge
    I think I'm going to add a front plate for this reason.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    114
    Rep Points
    422.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Morr is custom, u could call them...heh. Yea I hear you, decisions ....decisions
    Well, if we're throwing the custom hat in the ring, all bets are off. At the end of the day, it's a good problem to have.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    114
    Rep Points
    422.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I'm going to add a front plate for this reason.
    At least let us go Euro plate, like our bumper covers were designed for, right? Ruining the lines of the car AND obstructing airflow to the FMIC, all in one fell swoop. Thanks, DOT. For everything. Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,501
    Rep Points
    3,357.9
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I'm going to add a front plate for this reason.
    No way, get the tow hook plate adapter, that way you can take it off for photoshoots, shows, roll on events, etc.... I have it and it's great, no worries about cops or ruining my bumper. You can take it on and off in 1 min. @ModBargains has it for $100

    http://www.modbargains.com/No-Holes-...E36-E82-Z3.htm

    Evolve Supercharged ///M3

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    100,589
    Rep Points
    24,181.9
    Mentioned
    1525 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    242


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way, get the tow hook plate adapter, that way you can take it off for photoshoots, shows, roll on events, etc.... I have it and it's great, no worries about cops or ruining my bumper. You can take it on and off in 1 min. @ModBargains has it for $100

    http://www.modbargains.com/No-Holes-...E36-E82-Z3.htm
    Oh, duh, that's genius.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •