Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 77
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,209.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How is that possible? Stage 3 IS way more exciting.
    Because there is 0 transmission upgrades available currently that are proven. So it would be a waiting game.

    Im not sure yet.




  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    What other two door cars with usable back seats come to mind,you might get more for your money just buy starting with more stock to begin with?
    none that i can think of, and after having bobs drive my car and say "why the hell would you get rid of this!?" I realized ther really isnt much else out there, besides a C63, but the styling is not as sleek as i would like.. styling and comfort alone, i wont go back to a 335 over the M, but the 335 had several advantages but also performance disadvantages/tendencies, so ill stick with what i have currently
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    The n54 game will be changed if this hpfp upgrade works out, think 550+whp on pump 93....I hopeClick here to enlarge
    fun yes, doable with fuel, maybe, probably not on RB/stg 2 turbos. and im not sure i would want the headache of constantly monitoring, logging, OCD attention that major aftermarket additions (stg3) (turbo's in general)require

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,356
    Rep Points
    32,764.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Because there is 0 transmission upgrades available currently that are proven. So it would be a waiting game.

    Im not sure yet.
    You're waiting anyway so I'd say sit tight so you have no regrets.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,220
    Rep Points
    1,817.5
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    and im not sure i would want the headache of constantly monitoring, logging, OCD attention that major aftermarket additions (stg3) (turbo's in general)require
    You know that's going to be the trade off with any high HP car that has been turbo'd (unless you run a system with a CAN display & just live monitor your data, like ProEFI). And I remember you saying a while ago you want to chase 1,xxx WHP, and we all know the easiest way to get there is with snails.

    HONESTLY, as incredible as the S65 is, I'm surprised you haven't flipped it to get back into a turbo car, like an E46 M3?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    You know that's going to be the trade off with any high HP car that has been turbo'd (unless you run a system with a CAN display & just live monitor your data, like ProEFI). And I remember you saying a while ago you want to chase 1,xxx WHP, and we all know the easiest way to get there is with snails.

    HONESTLY, as incredible as the S65 is, I'm surprised you haven't flipped it to get back into a turbo car, like an E46 M3?
    im a V8 fan through and through. I enjoy the weak S65 w/dct now as opposed to a faster car that is temperamental. i jut dont think turbos are right for me.. unless mated to a v8.. i did tell Garth today I want to go for a ride in one of the 1k+ powered cars. hes gonna have an owner meet up with me Click here to enlarge

    the 1k marker was prior to child, i need some first hand experience to know if thats something i want to spend much time on, or stick to 600 and turn-key Click here to enlarge

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,356
    Rep Points
    32,764.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    And I remember you saying a while ago you want to chase 1,xxx WHP, and we all know the easiest way to get there is with snails.
    It is easier with snails but the S65 can get there with a blower. Mark my words.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,220
    Rep Points
    1,817.5
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine[/URL
    438342]i did tell Garth today I want to go for a ride in one of the 1k+ powered cars. hes gonna have an owner meet up with me Click here to enlarge

    the 1k marker was prior to child, i need some first hand experience to know if thats something i want to spend much time on, or stick to 600 and turn-key Click here to enlarge
    Do you know what kinda 1k+ toy you're going for a ride in?? Regardless, I'm sure the power is going to immediately appeal to you, just requires you find a suitable platform that you can mod up over time & hit/get close to that 1k number while remaining turn-key.
    [/COLOR]

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It is easier with snails but the S65 can get there with a blower. Mark my words.
    Believe me, a lot of people (myself included) are waiting to see a DCT M3 hit that 1k HP number.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    If I was to do a 1Kwhp build it would based around an F-body. Not exactly exotic or anything like that, but they are solid as a rock with the right mods.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,356
    Rep Points
    32,764.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    If I was to do a 1Kwhp build it would based around an F-body. Not exactly exotic or anything like that, but they are solid as a rock with the right mods.
    That's no fun because anybody can do it.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's no fun because anybody can do it.
    I can't argue with that one bit... but at the same time being into a project dozens of $k and then hitting yet ANOTHER roadblock isn't fun either.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,356
    Rep Points
    32,764.6
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I can't argue with that one bit... but at the same time being into a project dozens of $k and then hitting yet ANOTHER roadblock isn't fun either.
    I can't argue with that one bit.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,121
    Rep Points
    965.2
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by harry Click here to enlarge
    What other two door cars with usable back seats come to mind,you might get more for your money just buy starting with more stock to begin with?
    C63 ?? :-p

    But a mustang 5.0 would prob be the best performance per dollar choice right now stock or after market IMO

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,220
    Rep Points
    1,817.5
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    C63 ?? :-p

    But a mustang 5.0 would prob be the best performance per dollar choice right now stock or after market IMO
    The Mustang (or Camaro) offers no where near the level of refinement you'll get in a now outdated BMW. The only domestic car that comes close to the Euro refinement are the Cadillac CTS-V and ATS-V.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,121
    Rep Points
    965.2
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The Mustang (or Camaro) offers no where near the level of refinement you'll get in a now outdated BMW. The only domestic car that comes close to the Euro refinement are the Cadillac CTS-V and ATS-V.
    Very valid point ! I was talking about pure performance per dollar for a relativley "cheap" 2+2 coupe

    Id agree the only other two cars that really apply are the cts-V which IMO is a big heavy car and more on the gt cruiser side. & the c63 coupe which i think offers the best all around choice but i might be slightly biased Click here to enlarge

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge

    Do you know what kinda 1k+ toy you're going for a ride in?? Regardless, I'm sure the power is going to immediately appeal to you, just requires you find a suitable platform that you can mod up over time & hit/get close to that 1k number while remaining turn-key.
    [/COLOR]


    Believe me, a lot of people (myself included) are waiting to see a DCT M3 hit that 1k HP number.
    either a supra or E46. the shop is ridiculously filled up with cars now, i guess everyone wants their summer toys ready to go.

    only other car i would consider is a Termi.. i still love them.. or Lightning.. cant argue with a 1khp truck..

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,220
    Rep Points
    1,817.5
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    either a supra or E46. the shop is ridiculously filled up with cars now, i guess everyone wants their summer toys ready to go.
    Turbo E46 FTW, especially if you went full Flex Fuel on the ProEFI -- Could prob cover most of the costs for a used E46 & bolt-on turbo kits (then build the motor over the winter if you decide to keep the car) if you flipped the E92


    But a Termi + Whipple + Flex Fuel would also been really awesome (and a $#@! ton less costs/headaches to mod it)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    im a V8 fan through and through. I enjoy the weak S65 w/dct now as opposed to a faster car that is temperamental. i jut dont think turbos are right for me.. unless mated to a v8.. i did tell Garth today I want to go for a ride in one of the 1k+ powered cars. hes gonna have an owner meet up with me Click here to enlarge

    the 1k marker was prior to child, i need some first hand experience to know if thats something i want to spend much time on, or stick to 600 and turn-key Click here to enlarge
    Anything 1k hp or close to it will be a garage queen or spend more time in the shop than anywhere else (look at the builds here). I say stick with your car now, NA, tune, fbo and then see what the new cars coming out look like. In the next 3 years there will be the new m3, m2, rs3, new mercedes amg's, new nsx, new mustang( with awesome styling) new V caddies, etc.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    im seriously enjoyng the M again, but ive seen more 500+hp cars out in the last 2 days and its aggravating me that i cant hang anymore..

    does anyone know what 10500GBP converts to Click here to enlarge

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,576
    Rep Points
    1,867.4
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    im seriously enjoyng the M again, but ive seen more 500+hp cars out in the last 2 days and its aggravating me that i cant hang anymore..

    does anyone know what 10500GBP converts to Click here to enlarge
    http://bit.ly/ZkKvyX

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    191
    Rep Points
    208.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Since this is the RB's vs. Stockers thread, if we assume for a second that the VTT Stg2 will be mostly equivalent to RB's, how much power would RB's/VTT2's make @17-18psi straight across (they can hold this to redline, right?) on E30-40?

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    Since this is the RB's vs. Stockers thread, if we assume for a second that the VTT Stg2 will be mostly equivalent to RB's, how much power would RB's/VTT2's make @17-18psi straight across (they can hold this to redline, right?) on E30-40?
    about 470-485 i would guess

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago Burbs
    Posts
    1,814
    Rep Points
    1,066.8
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    Since this is the RB's vs. Stockers thread, if we assume for a second that the VTT Stg2 will be mostly equivalent to RB's, how much power would RB's/VTT2's make @17-18psi straight across (they can hold this to redline, right?) on E30-40?
    I am going to have ptf tune them to push 450wtq accross the board until they get winded to limit the stress on the clutch. I think its going to be similar to 17psi straight across, so I will report back dyno numbers in a couple months.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,220
    Rep Points
    1,817.5
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    does anyone know what 10500GBP converts to Click here to enlarge
    Haha converts directly into a faster E9x M3
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    im seriously enjoyng the M again, but ive seen more 500+hp cars out in the last 2 days and its aggravating me that i cant hang anymore..

    does anyone know what 10500GBP converts to Click here to enlarge
    The way things are going over here it converts to about 10 gallons and a happy meal. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    Since this is the RB's vs. Stockers thread, if we assume for a second that the VTT Stg2 will be mostly equivalent to RB's, how much power would RB's/VTT2's make @17-18psi straight across (they can hold this to redline, right?) on E30-40?
    500 +/- 20 i would expect. Of course, holding 18psi to redline isn't going to be good for RBs or stage 2s in the long haul.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •