3 Post(s)

Have you asked HPF to sponser here?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Have you asked HPF to sponser here?
    You didn't listen to the interview, did you? Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Na. No computer right now I'm on my phone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Na. No computer right now I'm on my phone.
    The Iphone should still be able to play the mp3 I would think, here, click this: Interview
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yup. It worked. Good stuff ! You say my name funny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice interview, i'm always interested on what Chris has to say, he is an outstanding guy and I have tons of respect for him! He has shown the world what E46 M3's can readily do with a kit. If i did not go with the AA turbo project I would definitely be doing an HPF stage 3 or 4.

On to my dyno speculations, my car has actually made the power, we never chose to shoot footage or make it a big deal mainly because we did not really care to boast about it. We literally turned up the boost for 1 run. (I wasn't even there, nor did I plan on doing this) The most power my car made was with ALOT of boost and my head-gasket was leaking, so we didn't bother trying to run more. However, I can say for a fact out of all the S54 motors my car has ran around the streets with the most power. I run 32+psi all the time. Ive ran it for years like that.

My AEM tuner (not with AA anymore) will be coming to LA to do some more tuning on my car shortly. Maybe we will shoot some bigger numbers and video it for everyone. Regardless my car will be getting anti-lag soon, and will be retuned for 91/meth (even though it still runs great). Remember my car was tuned in a matter 2-3 hours then sent to me. Its never had tuning problems. Except for a rare occurence of EML error that is happening due to the stock idle valve being disconnected. We are in the process of fixing this now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Yup. It worked. Good stuff ! You say my name funny.
    How should it be pronounced?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Nice interview, i'm always interested on what Chris has to say, he is an outstanding guy and I have tons of respect for him! He has shown the world what E46 M3's can readily do with a kit. If i did not go with the AA turbo project I would definitely be doing an HPF stage 3 or 4.

On to my dyno speculations, my car has actually made the power, we never chose to shoot footage or make it a big deal mainly because we did not really care to boast about it. We literally turned up the boost for 1 run. (I wasn't even there, nor did I plan on doing this) The most power my car made was with ALOT of boost and my head-gasket was leaking, so we didn't bother trying to run more. However, I can say for a fact out of all the S54 motors my car has ran around the streets with the most power. I run 32+psi all the time. Ive ran it for years like that.

My AEM tuner (not with AA anymore) will be coming to LA to do some more tuning on my car shortly. Maybe we will shoot some bigger numbers and video it for everyone. Regardless my car will be getting anti-lag soon, and will be retuned for 91/meth (even though it still runs great). Remember my car was tuned in a matter 2-3 hours then sent to me. Its never had tuning problems. Except for a rare occurence of EML error that is happening due to the stock idle valve being disconnected. We are in the process of fixing this now.
    Nice response and info.

You did have an issue with either the head gasket or the head studs at 32 psi right?

I thought you might find the part about the blocks with more material and less bore that are stronger and make it easier to seal the heads interesting.

I kind of want to build a dedicated drag E46 M3 now after talking with him Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The Iphone should still be able to play the mp3 I would think, here, click this: Interview
    My Evo 4g played it no problem Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice response and info.

You did have an issue with either the head gasket or the head studs at 32 psi right?

I thought you might find the part about the blocks with more material and less bore that are stronger and make it easier to seal the heads interesting.

I kind of want to build a dedicated drag E46 M3 now after talking with him Click here to enlarge
    Yes i had issues with the headgasket at higher boost, mainly 28+psi this is with a MLS headgasket and ARP 2000 studs. I went back to a stock headgasket with L19 ARP studs now and it is holding fine.

As far as the block strength, i am not sure. I think the stock block is actually very strong, and should be capable of holding 900whp without much problems (as long as the headgasket is doing a good job sealing). We sleeved my block because there was some rust on it from the headgasket leaking and the motor sitting. We decided to either sleeve it or get a new block, needless to say we sleeved it and very happy with it. I believe we were one of the first to actually sleeve this motor. My car is also the only S54 that has actually driven around the streets for a long time with over 31psi or so. The only HPF stg 4 i know running around is in FL and we have hardly much info from him. That car from what i heard runs around 900whp on the streets in race/meth mode but i dont know if thats true.

Also keep in mind my motor has some slight headwork done to it, cams are actually adjusted with the factory ECU, i have very large intake piping and my turbo is pretty large. In fact a bigger turbo cannot fit underneath the car without some crazy modifications. I can also see my car gaining another 50+hp just by changing my exhaust piping (I run 3.5 inch piping with a resonator).

Either way, Im hoping to get more information from my car. I have nothing to hide, my car runs super hard. I probably would not run it around with 1100whp but i will definitely do so with 1000whp. I have the traction now, ive just been busy with other life stuff. Im definitely willing to run some cars, we have been trying to setup a high hp Porsche race. Rob's stg 3 is the closest powerful HPF car but he has some issues with his SMG and I dont know what else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

In fact a bigger turbo cannot fit underneath the car without some crazy modifications.
    This is why I asked Chris if he was limited and he said he wasn't limited at all with turbo size or placement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This is why I asked Chris if he was limited and he said he wasn't limited at all with turbo size or placement.
    I HIGHLY doubt a bigger turbo will fit, I know it will not with my car and our turbo's are roughly at the same location. We tried, i actually had to return a larger turbo because of that. This motor is not limited at all, the main things limiting this motor from higher then 1000whp (reliably) imo is, turbo size restriction and head-gasket failure. I dont even fully trust my headgasket now, i would do an o ring setup if i was doing it all over again. But honestly even for the extreme guys, 1000whp on this car is ALOT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I HIGHLY doubt a bigger turbo will fit, I know it will not with my car and our turbo's are roughly at the same location. We tried, i actually had to return a larger turbo because of that. This motor is not limited at all, the main things limiting this motor from higher then 1000whp (reliably) imo is, turbo size restriction and head-gasket failure. I dont even fully trust my headgasket now, i would do an o ring setup if i was doing it all over again. But honestly even for the extreme guys, 1000whp on this car is ALOT.
    See, that is what I just don't understand. Talking to him, he makes it seem like a bigger turbo is no big deal and he could do it easily if he wanted you. You on the other hand highly doubt it and feel it is difficult, plus have experience trying it. I'm not sure what to think exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

See, that is what I just don't understand. Talking to him, he makes it seem like a bigger turbo is no big deal and he could do it easily if he wanted you. You on the other hand highly doubt it and feel it is difficult, plus have experience trying it. I'm not sure what to think exactly.
    If you take a look under my car you will have trouble understanding how my current turbo even fit in there. I hardly doubt a larger turbo will fit in there. We tried that 2+ years ago. I would love for one of us to fit a bigger turbo on there, but it wont be happening. Mine is the biggest i would even run for street use (even this is too large). Chris is right at the fact that all this motor needs to make more power is boost, we have the fueling, tuning, ignition etc, all ready for more power. The only iffy thing on my motor is the headgasket, which is basically trial and error at this point. Its running good at 30psi for now though. If it lets go then its o ringing the block time, which will basically make this motor fully capable of larger power with the only limiting point, turbo size.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

If you take a look under my car you will have trouble understanding how my current turbo even fit in there. I hardly doubt a larger turbo will fit in there. We tried that 2+ years ago. I would love for one of us to fit a bigger turbo on there, but it wont be happening. Mine is the biggest i would even run for street use (even this is too large). Chris is right at the fact that all this motor needs to make more power is boost, we have the fueling, tuning, ignition etc, all ready for more power. The only iffy thing on my motor is the headgasket, which is basically trial and error at this point. Its running good at 30psi for now though. If it lets go then its o ringing the block time, which will basically make this motor fully capable of larger power with the only limiting point, turbo size.
    Why didn't you o-ring it from the beginning?

I trust your opinion, maybe Chris can straighten out exactly what he was saying.

I really want to see a fully built S54 go after some of these supra records.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

My phone played it fine. BattaM3. Pronounced bat like batman. LOl. The way you said it you think it's spelled bottaM3. Lol. No big deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

My phone played it fine. BattaM3. Pronounced bat like batman. LOl. The way you said it you think it's spelled bottaM3. Lol. No big deal.
    Hmmm, I guess I was pronouncing it European style, haha, oh well, I promise to put more emphasis on BAT next time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why didn't you o-ring it from the beginning?

I trust your opinion, maybe Chris can straighten out exactly what he was saying.

I really want to see a fully built S54 go after some of these supra records.
    I have no doubt Chris can go knock out a 1100+whp run if he wants to with a HPF stg 4 setup. Its really not that difficult after you have all this done to it. As far as fitting a bigger turbo it just doesnt look like it will happen down there. The car is literally 2-3mm close to touching both sides of the turbo.

As far as O ringing it, purely cost and nobody has done it, it would cost me more then 3 times just doing the stock headgasket job and i really didnt plan on pushing my car more then 34psi. I get the urge sometimes but i just dont have the time or funds to do it anymore. If I had money invested into the car as a business, i would top mount it and put a very large turbo on there and crank out 1500whp. Then i would put some big tires in the back, strengthen all the rear parts, have spare parts and take the car to the track/texas mile. It would be a laggy as hell but doable, you can rev it high as well. I forgot to mention i will be raising my redline shortly, i had installed stronger valve springs during the 2nd build but never raised my redline. The S54 is definitely capable of breaking supra records it already has psi vs psi easily. It just costs more since its a BMW and never came with a turbo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

f I had money invested into the car as a business, i would top mount it and put a very large turbo on there and crank out 1500whp.
    Why don't we have top mounts right now? That would remove these turbo size limitations I would think, right?

I forgot to mention i will be raising my redline shortly, i had installed stronger valve springs during the 2nd build but never raised my redline.
    Why raise your redline? You would need some aggressive cams to take advantage of it I would think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why don't we have top mounts right now? That would remove these turbo size limitations I would think, right?

Why raise your redline? You would need some aggressive cams to take advantage of it I would think.
    Top mounts would require making a fully custom tubular manifold that has very tight clearances and even then you might have to cut into the shock mount tower to get it to fit. You would also have to move the coolant tank to I dont know where...

Raising the redline would be nice for me as i go into full boost at around 5200rpm, I would love to have another 400-600 rpm. I dont think much tuning will be required, if anything AA can do a slight tune to the vanos for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it time for an guinea piglet to stand the S54 UPRIGHT?
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good interview! It was cool to hear some of the backstory on HPF again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Awesome awesome interview

great info right here!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    Awesome awesome interview

great info right here!
    Thanks, there is some really nice info there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Thanks for doing this sticky. I had no idea you recorded my phone call. You should definitely let people know when you are doing that. Click here to enlarge As for the turbo, Taza is right about limited space. However for a custom one off, you can smash in as much room into the floor as you might need. Click here to enlarge We're going to set all new stage 4's at 1,000rwhp and only run .020 under blocks. I'm hoping we can get by with a Precision Turbo to do this so we can use the same turbo manifold, DP and intake pipe. Click here to enlarge

Chris.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast