Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pious Poodle Click here to enlarge
    Can you now please point me to these fake dynos. I want to see for myself.
    Not fake, inflated. A quick search should point you in the right direction.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes. Inflated is better word. Most forums have them deleted since there in ess pocket. I believe there's a thread on here. Maybe sticky can point you in right direction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Yes. Inflated is better word. Most forums have them deleted since there in ess pocket. I believe there's a thread on here. Maybe sticky can point you in right direction
    I think you referring to this: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...aphs&highlight

and this: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...laimed-Numbers

or this: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...70-ESS-VT2-600

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pious Poodle Click here to enlarge
    Ah thank you for clearing that up. I have no idea why xxe92xx was so abusive to me and not to eugene-taiwan. I just asked what he was talking about. This xxe92xx guy seems like he doesn't like poodles I think. He needs some puppy love.

Can you now please point me to these fake dynos. I want to see for myself.
    I'm guess he feels I'm a kool cat Click here to enlarge
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    Please state the following in this format:

Model: E90/92/93
    Supercharger: Stage 1/2/2+
    PSI: 5.5/6.5/7.5/8.5
    Water/Meth: Yes/No
    Full Exhaust: OEM/Gintani HFC x-pipe, Gintani rear/ Akra catless x-pipe, Akra rear
    Other Performance Mods:
    Miles with kit to date:
    Problems/Complications:
    Comments +/- :
    E92
    Stage 2+
    9.5psi
    WM - Yes
    Gintani Catless Xpipe w/ Stock Muffler
    6000 miles

Very much enjoying the kit!
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zonda 135 Click here to enlarge
    Just an observation xxe92xx and kind of a question I guess. Im going to take it based on your sig that you are a big Gintani fan and own a Gintani supercharger. I did not know people would jump on my ass for posting my observations as they were not intended to be a slam in any way. I have seen a lot of marketing of the Gintani kits and claims that they are the fastest and make the most power so I was just surprised that no one is really buying them. I am going to buy a FI kit this month and came here looking for some customer feedback. I guess you cant post anything on this site unless its pro Gintani ?? Im new and have read mostly trash talk about AA VF and ESS so maybe im on the wrong forum to get info from owners of all these kits ? I assumed a site called Bimmerboost would have useful info on all boosted BMW's not just Gintani. Sorry for taking your thread off topic....

In the future I will make sure not to say anything on this forum that might upset a Gintani customer as I can see the majority of people here are Gintani customers.
    Just wanted to let you all know, this user was banned.

This was an ESS troll coming in here to try and discredit Gintani feigning ignorance. I also received pm's this user was sending attempting to discredit Gintani behind the scenes. This is now the second time I have caught ESS doing this on BimmerBoost.

ESS, you are going to have to try harder than that. Your $#@! might fly on forums whose admins don't know what they are doing but you aren't going to be using your little scare tactics here, sorry. Geolocation information:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Model: E92
    Supercharger: Stage 2+
    PSI: 9.5
    Water/Meth: Yes
    Full Exhaust: RPI GT exhaust
    Other Performance Mods: dinan 4.10
    Miles with kit to date: maybe 1000
    Problems/Complications: worn out rear tires
    Comments +/- : 601 whp, 396 wheel torque on a stock motor $#@!ES Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by KiokenM3; 08-14-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I knew I smelled something funny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    why do they have to ruin this great thread Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    why do they have to ruin this great thread Click here to enlarge
    Why do they have to try to ruin all the things they try to ruin?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sucks ESS is the way they are, it could just be friendly competition but they decide to talk smack and sent their little puppets instead. In other car communities/forums these things are simply handled with comparison runs, however we haven't been able to get any of the ess guys, vf or any other sc m3 cars to go out and run. And yes we have tried, I know drew specially but they just don't show or call it out at the last minute, wonder why?... This isn't for 2 or 3 people that own the ess kit but are actually cool people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by niterider Click here to enlarge
    This isn't for 2 or 3 people that own the ess kit but are actually cool people.
    We have a couple of ESS guys here who are way, way cool. They are down to run and make no excuses.

ESS the company is the problem, they are the ones who won't go out and run or prove their product as they have everything to lose. They would rather market the way they do as if they actually showed their product and people saw a direct comparison for themselves they would lose the image they have tried to build up for the uninformed. It really sucks they have no honor and integrity as the BMW community is the one who is losing while they line their pockets.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gintani rules
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Model: AE Performance E92 M3
    Supercharger: Stage 2
    PSI: 6.5
    Water/Meth: No
    Full Exhaust: AE Performance race exhaust
    Other Performance Mods: Full AE performance time attack spec
    Miles with kit to date: Not sure of the mileage, but we have done multiple test days, and one time attack event.
    Problems/Complications: NONE!

A few months ago, I was brought on as a consultant for the AE performance time attack team. A big focus of the team is Paul Walker's (yes, that one) e92 M3 time attack car. After the first few events, it became apparent that the car was seriously underpowered compared to the competition.

When we started to brainstorm about how to make the car more competitive, we considered a number of different directions, including a stroker motor. But, after looking at all the options, we decided to seek out a supercharger manufacturer to partner with for the car. We did our research, and talked to a few different companies. Finally, when we talked to Gintani, we knew we had a good fit.

So, we sorted out the details, and got the car ready to tear down. Within a week and a half, we had the car up and running on the dyno. The car went from ~330whp to over 500whp. This was achieved on relatively low boost, tuned for serious track abuse. Needless to say, everyone was very happy with the results. But, as they say, the proof is in the pudding...

Because Paul has a very tight schedule, he doesn't have time to deal with an unreliable car. The guys at Gintani said the kit had hundreds of hours of track duty, but we had to see it for ourselves. We took the car to Willow Springs, not only to make sure the car was as reliable as they claimed, but also to see what type of times it would lay down. To really torture the car we talked with GST motorsports and asked to borrow their "G-Stig." Within a few short laps, we had broken the 2009 Redline time attack street tire record. We then continued to punish the car lap after lap, and we were very happy to see that the Gintani guys were right... This thing is rock solid.

With the testing out of the way, we got Paul in the car a few weeks later for the 4th of July time attack. Needless to say he was very happy with the drivability, not to mention the power. As we suspected, he was extremely competitive in the car. While he didn't finish on podium, he had a respectable 4th place finish when it was all said and done. As a testament to how competitive the class is, even with a 4th place finish, Paul still broke the 2009 time attack record.

For the next event, we are adding a meth setup, and even more power. We are looking forward to the podium.

DB-

G-stig testing the car:

Paul doing a lap battle with a 650HP Mini (on slicks):

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12