0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Cool Calling all Gintani SC cars!

Please state the following in this format:

Model: E90/92/93
    Supercharger: Stage 1/2/2+
    PSI: 5.5/6.5/7.5/8.5
    Water/Meth: Yes/No
    Full Exhaust: OEM/Gintani HFC x-pipe, Gintani rear/ Akra catless x-pipe, Akra rear
    Other Performance Mods:
    Miles with kit to date:
    Problems/Complications:
    Comments +/- :

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Model: E92

Supercharger: Stage 2+ Soon Stage 4+

PSI: 7.5

Water/Meth: Yes

Full Exhaust: Custom 3 inch with headers.

Other Performance Mods: None

Mile with kit to date: Maybe a few hundred?

Problems/Complications: None, just lot's of power and constant upgrades to get more.

Comments: I want my freaking car.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Model: E92
    Supercharger: Stage 1
    PSI: 5.5
    Water/Meth: No
    Full Exhaust: Akra 100 cell cats x-pipe, Akra rear
    Other Performance Mods: brembos, kw, hre, 3f kit
    Miles with kit to date: put apprx 7-8k miles...sold car for GT3
    Problems/Complications: None
    Comments +/- :Here are posts w/ updates, times, review etc. Thanks Gintani for giving me the fastest car i have ever had!
    track day review w/ no cooler
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359407

drag
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349276

30-120 video
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340666
    euro tuner Gintani
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363657

60-130
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356445
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    there are more! for sure
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

got to get dean, ricky, Josh, alex, brian to list
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    there are more! for sure
    More as in 3-4 ?

I have been watching the FI scene for awhile and there does not seem to be many of these kits out. This kit has been out for almost a year and last I checked there is only a few of these kits on the road currently.

1. Sticky 2. Niterider 3. DD GT3's old kit 4. Tightie 5. Fast and Furious guy 6. DLSJ5

Seems like its not a very popular choice with the BMW community. Active just released their kit in the last 30 days and has 4 kits on the road already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zonda 135 Click here to enlarge
    More as in 3-4 ?

I have been watching the FI scene for awhile and there does not seem to be many of these kits out. This kit has been out for almost a year and last I checked there is only a few of these kits on the road currently.

1. Sticky 2. Niterider 3. DD GT3's old kit 4. Tightie 5. Fast and Furious guy 6. DLSJ5

Seems like its not a very popular choice with the BMW community. Active just released their kit in the last 30 days and has 4 kits on the road already.
    I don't know the number they are up to now, but not everybody is on the forums who has it. Some guy from Canada got one and some other people as well, I'm sure Gintani can chime in and say exactly. You can add Ricky to that list as well, he is on here and bought my old kit.

It is a popular choice with those who are into performance. Look at this way, all the people who are putting up numbers or actively trying all have the Gintani kit. Also, all those people are from SoCal. Gintani has a stronger SoCal presence than any of the others.

Of course Active will have that many kits on the road, it took them so damn long to get it out that they had people waiting. Also, they will be the most popular choice in Florida, no doubt about it. Gintani being relatively new works against them. They weren't my first choice, but I also discounted their abilities early on because I had not heard of them. They were the only company who could give me what I wanted though, ESS was not able to deliver.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

add dean as well, and another was installed the other week somewhere special.

It would be ignorant to judge them based on how many kits are on the road now, as they are a new company. They have proven reliable. Brian has put around 20-25k miles on his kit and tracks his car, canyon runs, drags...same as myself...i track mine with no water in the cool and the heat exchanger was broke due to me driving over a parking block..i didnt even know i did that...and tracked it as is...no prob, no overheating. Drew has put unbelieveable times down in his car...racing and beating 600-700hp turbos, hanging with HPF 2.5 m3 says huge things! Every company has to start from somewhere...and gintani is doing an excellent job...as a car enthusiast you should support new companies! doesnt mean you have to buy their kit...but dont judge till you know them, or have seen their kit...go by their shop at some point. I know anyone who goes will be satisfied. (note: they are moving shops at the current moment). Keep it up guys!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    got to get dean, ricky, Josh, alex, brian to list
    if those guys use this forum direct them to this thread Click here to enlarge

More as in 3-4 ?

why are you posting negative comments in this thread? you obviously can not read because if you had this thread didnt ask for the opinions of members without Gintani supercharged m3's, your comments are irrelevant....take the time to Click here to enlarge next time

lets keep them coming guys!!! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    why are you posting negative comments in this thread? you obviously can not read because if you had this thread didnt ask for the opinions of members without Gintani supercharged m3's, your comments are irrelevant....take the time to next time
    He isn't trying to be negative, just sharing his observations. Some constructive criticism helps sometimes. It is true that Gintani has smaller numbers, nothing to shy away from. They have bigger numbers where it counts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thats fine but this isnt the thread for that....this thread is more about data, the purpose is to get all the members here with this kit in this thread...you obviously knew that but "Zonda 135" did not

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I dont have 1, but do want 1 with a dct. K thanks
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ make the move!

also i dont think any of the owners are on here, except drew and the buyer of my kit.

sticky who bought your kit?
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just an observation xxe92xx and kind of a question I guess. Im going to take it based on your sig that you are a big Gintani fan and own a Gintani supercharger. I did not know people would jump on my ass for posting my observations as they were not intended to be a slam in any way. I have seen a lot of marketing of the Gintani kits and claims that they are the fastest and make the most power so I was just surprised that no one is really buying them. I am going to buy a FI kit this month and came here looking for some customer feedback. I guess you cant post anything on this site unless its pro Gintani ?? Im new and have read mostly trash talk about AA VF and ESS so maybe im on the wrong forum to get info from owners of all these kits ? I assumed a site called Bimmerboost would have useful info on all boosted BMW's not just Gintani. Sorry for taking your thread off topic....

In the future I will make sure not to say anything on this forum that might upset a Gintani customer as I can see the majority of people here are Gintani customers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More as in 3-4 ?

First off: Welcome to Bimmerboost!

As I feel the tuning world is very small. And it is very hard to accept a new comer which makes very well performing kits. Everyone is trying to take a stab. Posting up false Dyno (Exx) and making a quick sale. Also for a new comer their sales branch for sure is not as strong as companies which have been doing this kind of sales.

ESS has a good sales branch with their vendors
    AA also has a good sales branch
    VF also has good sales branch and lots of money to spare to put on (test cars)
    Gintani NEW.... still working on sales branch and possible will take a bit longer but is the ONLY company without a built motor to coming close to a 6sec run on a 60-130

but hey don't forget Gpower possible has the best sales reps all around the world.

anyways nice 1st post

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Just an observation xxe92xx and kind of a question I guess. Im going to take it based on your sig that you are a big Gintani fan and own a Gintani supercharger. I did not know people would jump on my ass for posting my observations as they were not intended to be a slam in any way. I have seen a lot of marketing of the Gintani kits and claims that they are the fastest and make the most power so I was just surprised that no one is really buying them. I am going to buy a FI kit this month and came here looking for some customer feedback. I guess you cant post anything on this site unless its pro Gintani ?? Im new and have read mostly trash talk about AA VF and ESS so maybe im on the wrong forum to get info from owners of all these kits ? I assumed a site called Bimmerboost would have useful info on all boosted BMW's not just Gintani. Sorry for taking your thread off topic....

In the future I will make sure not to say anything on this forum that might upset a Gintani customer as I can see the majority of people here are Gintani customers.
    I actually your on the right forum!

if you want hardcore facts on what is the fastest S/C kit that is....

now if you want to know who or which company has the most kits sold maybe its the wrong forum.

like I said fast S/C kits doesn't = to many sales!!!

and BTW xxe92xx I think he wants a AA or Gintani. you have to admit the AA mani looks real nice

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

you are misunderstanding the point im getting across, i mentioned what the purpose of this thread was...its not about how many kits are out, are you seriously asking that question? the thread is for people interested in these superchargers by this company and to share facts such as how miles have been put on the car with the kits and problems or complications that occurred with the kits...it will help me and others, and no your assumption is wrong I dont have a kit but I am in a researching phase because it is not a cheap investment to make...so before thinking you upset anyone just know you are derailing the thread by comparing how many kits were sold compared to this kit, theres nothing wrong with that but this is the wrong thread for that feel free to create your own thread and lets keep this one on topic Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Zonda 135 you have to understand that Gintani gets attacked all the time...and people try using "how many kits have u sold" as an attack cause they are a newer company, but as I said before dont let that be a deterant. Theire supporters and customers will defend them cause there is a l
    ot of crap around, so I believe xxE92xx may have come off defensive due to the usual bs attacks. Don't listen to any of the BS on the forums about them, and maybe about any of the other sc companies. Not sure where u live but if you are in southern california go talk to them and meet them in person. You will see their work and understand what they are all about. When I bought my supercharger, I was debating between ESS and GINTANI. I didn't choose gintani due to the power, but due to all of the amazing review I heard about there customer service. That is what its about, you know you will be taken care of. You know you will have a great product, that will be reliable and know is made right out of their shop, all done in-house. Research yourself, check out Gintani, AA and ESS, but just don't listen to any crap...there have been gintani and ess kit running around and are both reliable...AA's just came about but have been in the bmw scene for sometime and is prob just as reliable, and very pretty btw. Gintani does allow custom set ups as well. Good luck!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    First off: Welcome to Bimmerboost!

As I feel the tuning world is very small. And it is very hard to accept a new comer which makes very well performing kits. Everyone is trying to take a stab. Posting up false Dyno (Exx) and making a quick sale. Also for a new comer their sales branch for sure is not as strong as companies which have been doing this kind of sales.

ESS has a good sales branch with their vendors
    AA also has a good sales branch
    VF also has good sales branch and lots of money to spare to put on (test cars)
    Gintani NEW.... still working on sales branch and possible will take a bit longer but is the ONLY company without a built motor to coming close to a 6sec run on a 60-130

but hey don't forget Gpower possible has the best sales reps all around the world.

anyways nice 1st post
    Why would this newcomer be posting false dynos? Can you point me to the false dynos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pious Poodle Click here to enlarge
    Why would this newcomer be posting false dynos? Can you point me to the false dynos?
    he wasnt claiming a new comer was posting up false dyno, he was saying a certain company is posting up false dynos.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    please take the time to read before derailing the thread....this isnt about this vs. that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    sticky who bought your kit?
    Ricky, KiokenM3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ess posts false dynos. Anyone with common sense knows this. Zonda AA and gintani should be the companies you check out. This is the forum to be on if you want honest info. I don't own any of those kits. I'm on team HPF. Lol. Welcome to the forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Ess posts false dynos. Anyone with common sense knows this. Zonda AA and gintani should be the companies you check out. This is the forum to be on if you want honest info. I don't own any of those kits. I'm on team HPF. Lol. Welcome to the forum.
    Ah thank you for clearing that up. I have no idea why xxe92xx was so abusive to me and not to eugene-taiwan. I just asked what he was talking about. This xxe92xx guy seems like he doesn't like poodles I think. He needs some puppy love.

Can you now please point me to these fake dynos. I want to see for myself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah thank you for clearing that up. I have no idea why xxe92xx was so abusive to me and not to eugene-taiwan. I just asked what he was talking about. This xxe92xx guy seems like he doesn't like poodles I think. He needs some puppy love.

Can you now please point me to these fake dynos. I want to see for myself.
    my fault man just trying to keep the thread on topic..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast