Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Turbos are here and ready to go, just waiting for test car to get here. Worlds first completed N55 turbo upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hell yeah!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    neat Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congratulations.... Now all you need is COBB to release ProTuning so you can crank up the boost & keep fueling in check Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you know at this point who will be offering tuning support for the N55 turbo?
    2011 535xDrive MSport
    BMS METH 2.3, AA CP, COBB N55 IC, BMS SCI
    RSI CTLS DP, MEISTERSCHAFT GTS EXT,
    JB4 STG 2, Cam2 100, Michelin PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DinoNac Click here to enlarge
    Do you know at this point who will be offering tuning support for the N55 turbo?
    Like I said, for upgraded turbos on the N54 or N55 you're going to need a Flash Map to modify Fueling/Ignition Timing. You have options on the N54, but COBB is the only available option with the N55.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Like I said, for upgraded turbos on the N54 or N55 you're going to need a Flash Map to modify Fueling/Ignition Timing. You have options on the N54, but COBB is the only available option with the N55.
    Sorry I missed that. I wasn't aware that COBB was offering a flash for the F10 N55. I'll have to look into that
    2011 535xDrive MSport
    BMS METH 2.3, AA CP, COBB N55 IC, BMS SCI
    RSI CTLS DP, MEISTERSCHAFT GTS EXT,
    JB4 STG 2, Cam2 100, Michelin PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great looking turbo!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DinoNac Click here to enlarge
    Sorry I missed that. I wasn't aware that COBB was offering a flash for the F10 N55. I'll have to look into that
    My contact at Cobb is telling me they are very close to being finished with it and I should have it to test by the time we are testing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Looks great! Can't wait to see the dyno results! Catch us up with the n54Click here to enlarge

Backend flash for the n55? What about the e85 pump? I tried running that and the DME just outputs "Fuel Pump Error", anyone have a resistor or relay mod that we can use to fool the fuel pump ecu?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any guesses as to what this will make?! Click here to enlarge
    2011 BMW 335i xDrive, 12.3 @ 110 (N55 XDrive Record)
    Stage 2, Map 7/e85 mix, JB Intake, Vishnu Catted DP, ETS FMIC, CPe Chargepipe
    1994 Toyota Supra, Baltic Blue, 6-speed, mods...
    1200rwhp/875rwtq, 3.4L Stroker

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I really can't wait to see some numbers on this. this is quite interesting.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Turbos are here and ready to go, just waiting for test car to get here. Worlds first completed N55 turbo upgrade.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NeoNz Click here to enlarge
    Looks great! Can't wait to see the dyno results! Catch us up with the n54Click here to enlarge

Backend flash for the n55? What about the e85 pump? I tried running that and the DME just outputs "Fuel Pump Error", anyone have a resistor or relay mod that we can use to fool the fuel pump ecu?
    When you tried running what? So far the DME is fine with the fuel system on their. Sometimes I get the fuel pump idrive warning on start up. But I get that with just an intank walbro at times

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not sure if you've written it or not, but how big is the inducer/exducer on your upgrade and on the stock turbo Click here to enlarge ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lfelunden Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure if you've written it or not, but how big is the inducer/exducer on your upgrade and on the stock turbo Click here to enlarge ?
    Posted a long time ago, I don't recall off the top of my head what the stock dimensions are, but the upgrade is the same dimensions as a Garrett GTX3076.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a twin scroll GTX3076r on that I6 is going to be pretty damn fun I bet.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Posted a long time ago, I don't recall off the top of my head what the stock dimensions are, but the upgrade is the same dimensions as a Garrett GTX3076.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    a twin scroll GTX3076r on that I6 is going to be pretty damn fun I bet.
    Hell yes!

Congrats Tony!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks! Can't wait to see this on a N55 Click here to enlarge I'm looking at a M135i and this upgrade would be the first thing to do! As soon as this upgrade is available with tuning - I'll be on it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm really looking forward to seeing this come along Tony. I'm thinking this may be the kick in the pants the N55 market needs.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm really looking forward to seeing this come along Tony. I'm thinking this may be the kick in the pants the N55 market needs.
    I am excited to get it going too as these upgrades are badass, but after the fiasco it was just to get a test car, and a fellow vendor finally had to step up. At this point I do not hold a lot of faith in the N55 being a strong market. I guess time will tell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am excited to get it going too as these upgrades are badass, but after the fiasco it was just to get a test car, and a fellow vendor finally had to step up. At this point I do not hold a lot of faith in the N55 being a strong market. I guess time will tell.
    I would think a lot of that has to do with lack of performance seen from the motor itself so far and not potential. Once people start seeing the potential I'm sure the market will increase. Last I checked isn't the N55 WR WHP like 396 set by BMS?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe i should have got the n55... Nahhhh
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I would think a lot of that has to do with lack of performance seen from the motor itself so far and not potential. Once people start seeing the potential I'm sure the market will increase. Last I checked isn't the N55 WR WHP like 396 set by BMS?
    No idea what the N55 record is to be honest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So have you finally got a car in hand mate? Fitted yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With time. Right now it plays second fiddle to pretty much everything. It's just too new and people aren't pushing it.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast