Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 131
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The forum's done fine without him so far, no reason to make any special considerations for him (or any vendor) going forward. If he wants to join, why not, we're not here to play favorite. BUT he certainly shouldn't expect any preferential treatment, and if he is going to make claims everyone here will demand answers backed with supporting data.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,101
    Rep Points
    1,398.2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    ......or you could just buy a Black Series Click here to enlarge
    that must be the perfect "I'm late to school with the kids" car Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    that must be the perfect "I'm late to school with the kids" car Click here to enlarge
    Considering the lack of back seats, not really.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,101
    Rep Points
    1,398.2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Considering the lack of back seats, not really.
    what happened to that ?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    what happened to that ?
    It's a Black Series, they try to keep the weight down.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I'd take the silence from Vishnu cheer squad (creaminz, skinrock, FBIS, etc) as a sign that the kit was not what they hoped for & still hasn't delivered the performance it was marketed to.
    but when i say this, im just a fanboy looking to troll.. like i paraphrased before, history-learn it or repeat it..

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    181
    Rep Points
    176.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    But Shiv said there would be over 25 single turbos on the road by the end of October last yr. Where are the rest of the people input on the single turbos?
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12678046&postcount=1
    335xi Sedan 6AT || Weather(45-60°F)
    -PROcede Rev. 2.5 ~ v5 (3/17 maps) / JB4 (8/21 maps) / COBB (Stg2+FMIC LT Agressive maps)
    †Procede Map2(UT 45 - IGN 40) Aggression Target 2.0 (93 Octane) || 0-60 in 4.0sec
    †Cobb E30 LT (35% Ethanol/65% 93 Octane) || 0-60 in 3.9sec
    AR Design Catless DP || BMS DCI + OCC || ETS 5 FMIC || Alpina B3 Trans Flash || 235/265 19" Michelin PSS

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,057
    Rep Points
    1,149.5
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    But Shiv said there would be over 25 single turbos on the road by the end of October last yr. Where are the rest of the people input on the single turbos?
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12678046&postcount=1
    Probably in their garages changing plugs, coils and injectors.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    883
    Rep Points
    1,435.2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Probably in their garages changing plugs, coils and injectors.
    Don't forget flywheels too Click here to enlarge

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago Burbs
    Posts
    1,814
    Rep Points
    1,066.8
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Shiv is all they have left as far as the N54 section goes. But he's afraid to sponsor this forum as he won't receive the same preferential treatment with regard to users who ask too many questions being banned and their posts deleted.
    Well, shiv's thread on comparing the spool time of the single to the double was deleted. Now shiv's question to vargas on the reliability of the internal wastegate (i believe, top was over my head) was deleted.

    Shiv might have to come here to be heard Click here to enlarge
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Well, shiv's thread on comparing the spool time of the single to the double was deleted. Now shiv's question to vargas on the reliability of the internal wastegate (i believe, top was over my head) was deleted.

    Shiv might have to come here to be heard Click here to enlarge
    I still have a tough time figuring out how a forum admin can delete a paying vendors thread?? LOL it's absurd

    Those $#@!ers are there to make every last cent...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17
    Rep Points
    23.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I feel like the iPhone 5's screen is too small to browse without having to scroll more than you're actually reading, making it inefficient and kind of an unnecessary headache...

    Perhaps apps cater more to the average person. An additional possibility is that some people could give a $#@! about who has how many points, their "rep power" and all the other silly superfluous details that only the "sceney" folk care (secretly, though most wouldn't admit as much) and care more about the content of people's posts Click here to enlarge For me when I'm at my computer I'm typically busy with higher value activity than BMW forums- forums are more of a "browse during downtime" activity... Not all of us play cars for money, care about their post count and rep power and profiles, etc. my car falls somewhere in the 2Xth place on the list of hobbies and time-consuming activities lol

    Now the perfect combo would be a BB phone app that presents the meat of a thread with all of the sceney folks putting pressure to keep those who post ignominy away from BB and towards e90post. As soon as the app launches, I hope the scene folk put in their due diligence to bully average folk away...

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17
    Rep Points
    23.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The forum's done fine without him so far, no reason to make any special considerations for him (or any vendor) going forward. If he wants to join, why not, we're not here to play favorite. BUT he certainly shouldn't expect any preferential treatment, and if he is going to make claims everyone here will demand answers backed with supporting data.
    I suspect that this is the reason he doesn't come around these parts too often- too many intelligent consumers, bad for overpriced item sales... Not exactly his market, since following this scene since 2008 Click here to enlarge

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,010
    Rep Points
    8,959.7
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Well, shiv's thread on comparing the spool time of the single to the double was deleted. Now shiv's question to vargas on the reliability of the internal wastegate (i believe, top was over my head) was deleted.

    Shiv might have to come here to be heard Click here to enlarge
    Surprised! What do you say Shiv? Time to jump ship so we can have fun like the old days? Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nailer335xi Click here to enlarge
    An additional possibility is that some people could give a $#@! about who has how many points, their "rep power" and all the other silly superfluous details that only the "sceney" folk care (secretly, though most wouldn't admit as much) and care more about the content of people's posts
    I wouldn't call it silly superfluous data.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nailer335xi Click here to enlarge
    Now the perfect combo would be a BB phone app that presents the meat of a thread with all of the sceney folks putting pressure to keep those who post ignominy away from BB and towards e90post. As soon as the app launches, I hope the scene folk put in their due diligence to bully average folk away...
    A proper app is going to be expensive.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17
    Rep Points
    23.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    You're right- one person's extraneous (better suits my perspective, I denounce the use of superfluous) data is an essential set of metrics to another.

    I've always taken an academic approach to the forums- reading > posting, recognize those that are knowledgeable from those that want attention, learn from their quality posts and the data/discoveries they present the community, etc... This, as many know much better than me, doesn't always though sometimes does correspond positively with post count and a super impressive signature- details that are irrelevant to some but extremely meaningful to others.

    You know your business- maybe an app would dilute the forum, maybe the cost would outweigh the benefit, etc. Now that I think of it, maybe those who got their n54s when they first came out and have been following this for years instead of months, etc. can recall- while the quality of the forums undoubtedly corresponded positively to the MSRPs, perhaps as more people started to use the e90post app, the quality declined as more people decided to jump on their phone to ask other people how to modify their car and spend their money...

    Lord knows I've been $#@!ing about e90post's decline since it started, would rather forego a phone app for quality's sake...

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    212
    Rep Points
    447.9
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm glad I stumbled upon this site. My last car had a site like this that was more-so for the hardcore enthusiast. I see myself spending more time here than on e90post. I'm even starting to check this forum first. The only thing that interests me on e90post lately is the FS and suspension forums. I like hearing what harold at HPautowerks has to say, you guys should get him over her!

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nailer335xi Click here to enlarge
    You're right- one person's extraneous (better suits my perspective, I denounce the use of superfluous) data is an essential set of metrics to another.

    I've always taken an academic approach to the forums- reading > posting, recognize those that are knowledgeable from those that want attention, learn from their quality posts and the data/discoveries they present the community, etc... This, as many know much better than me, doesn't always though sometimes does correspond positively with post count and a super impressive signature- details that are irrelevant to some but extremely meaningful to others.

    You know your business- maybe an app would dilute the forum, maybe the cost would outweigh the benefit, etc. Now that I think of it, maybe those who got their n54s when they first came out and have been following this for years instead of months, etc. can recall- while the quality of the forums undoubtedly corresponded positively to the MSRPs, perhaps as more people started to use the e90post app, the quality declined as more people decided to jump on their phone to ask other people how to modify their car and spend their money...

    Lord knows I've been $#@!ing about e90post's decline since it started, would rather forego a phone app for quality's sake...
    I like the idea of an app. I'm just saying it's not worth the cost for me right now.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeenon53 Click here to enlarge
    I like hearing what harold at HPautowerks has to say, you guys should get him over her!
    I think you should. I don't go begging for vendors. We are growing at a natural pace I'm sure he is aware of it. It honestly means more when users refer people/vendors.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Folsom, Ca
    Posts
    182
    Rep Points
    436.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Absurd. You know whats funny though? They created engine sections a year after I made this layout essentially copying me. I guess I should be flattered.
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I kicked and screamed to the Admins today asking why I was partially banned (no PMs, attachments and signatures) from E90 post. I guess they have their reasons.

    here is their response copied right from my email:

    "You lost your PM rights when you attempted to circumvent site censors and post links to a banned site, either in posts or PMs.



    BIMMERPOST.com"


    Yes I am guilty for PMing a guy seek other help to BB.com. Shame on me.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
    Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / DCI

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17
    Rep Points
    23.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I got a partial ban a few months ago for the same thing- referencing someone worthwhile to BB via PM lol

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Folsom, Ca
    Posts
    182
    Rep Points
    436.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Yeah I am going on 7 months.. Lol. Can a poor noobie catch a break....
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
    Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / DCI

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17
    Rep Points
    23.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I am going on 7 months.. Lol. Can a poor noobie catch a break....
    I thought e90post was by definition a break for noobs Click here to enlarge

    Afterall, how else would we decide which intake to get? and if DPs void warranties? Click here to enlarge

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,855
    Rep Points
    31,580.7
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nailer335xi Click here to enlarge
    I got a partial ban a few months ago for the same thing- referencing someone worthwhile to BB via PM lol
    So their strategy is to send you here? Brilliant.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Folsom, Ca
    Posts
    182
    Rep Points
    436.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nailer335xi Click here to enlarge
    I thought e90post was by definition a break for noobs Click here to enlarge

    Afterall, how else would we decide which intake to get? and if DPs void warranties? Click here to enlarge
    yeah I am guilty for a couple of noob topics. But it didn't take me long to figure out on how to read and search before asking a complete question.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
    Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / DCI

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •