Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

WINKFP - Updating all modules

So now we got winkfp working for the trans , what about the other modules?
    From what i understood WinKfp will pick automatically the newest file related to the module ZB number, True?
    or just the selection of a newer ZB number will flash latest software?
    Clearly the Alpina trans flash did not match so the original ZB number (but was in the long list) and needed to be selected manually
    Lets use this thread to exchange experiences in updating all modules.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    found info here in how to remove the flash counter
    Hi first you open WinKFP and select the configuration menu.You can then unselect all the options with UIF write in them.This allows you to flash without writing to your module as many times as you want to.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...reflash-my-DME
    did not try it yet.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Found this on another forum.
    Post made by Blastmn542:

I will give you a short instructions on how I use WinKfp to program my modules.

1. Go into INPA and print off the complete UIF page with ZB# and programming info.
    2. Close INPA completely and launch WinKFP.
    3. I use comfort mode since it does everything that I need it to do.
    4. Once you are in comfort mode, Click on Choose ZUSB and make sure that the programming data is loaded in there. If you dont have any data in there you will need to load it before you proceed to the next step.
    5. Close the window that is showing the programming data and click on Enter Vin, Enter your complete VIN # of the car you are programming, and click OK, Vin will show up at the top of the program if it accepted it.
    6. Click on Enter ZUSB and enter the ZB# from the UIF printoff from INPA, and click ok.
    7. It should load the next window and show the module # and something in the right screen. You can leave those as default and click ok.
    8. Click on Done, which will bring you to the programming page.
    9. Make sure you car is hooked up to a battery charger before you start the programming.
    10. Once you have everything good to go click on program and sit back and relax, it will go through and will say " You have 1 time left to program this ECU" click OK and it will flash it.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would not update the dme or Navi navi units guys with Dcan cable This would require a ICOM as those flashes take over 10 hours and that long of a flash the dcan I would never use. So please don't go ahead and do it. The other modules yeah you can with the dcan cable.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also good to know before you start updating is that CAS, DME, and EGS are the three modules that will prevent the car from starting if programming fails.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have never updated the dme before but the guys who have told me they would only use the Icom. Anyone want to attempt this with dcan?? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Also good to know before you start updating is that CAS, DME, and EGS are the three modules that will prevent the car from starting if programming fails.
    Yes correct. Be careful with those specific 3 as anyone of the 3 if the flash goes south your in trouble. I don't know again if its as friendly as the tranny module to let u reflash again. I understand everyone is flash crazy here recently as once WinKfP is setup it looks rather easy to flash but please tread forward with DME, CIC/CCC/Cappl modules.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So are there no boot loaders on these modules? There must be a way to recover a module that has had an incomplete flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok but does winkfp loads automatically the latest update if the original zb is used or you need to choose another one. From what i heard it searches automatically for the latest update but dont have a confirmation
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    ok but does winkfp loads automatically the latest update if the original zb is used or you need to choose another one. From what i heard it searches automatically for the latest update but dont have a confirmation
    If you go into comfort mode and then press update ZB number and then enter Vin numbers....It will automatically search for the latest update for your module and ask if you want to procede for the update, so it does give you a confirmation that there is an updated software for the module..Try it out...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cool thanks will try it out
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cool thanks will try it out
    Just try it out on a module like the JBBF module. Something simple to test it out! This thread I don't know if its something that's is good or bad because people will start updating their DME modules and then there will be plenty of threads my car won't start again. Guys don't attempt DME update please especially with D Can cable
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok done the JBBF module and EKP , no issues.
    However i mean i still need to choose a module among the list.
    i did Update ZB --> get a list of modules , ok than enter VIN , done , reselect a module and than instead of program there is Update ZB ? Correct?

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes correct Enrita. You did it correct. You have to choose the module you want to update and then enter vin, Hit done and then a pop up will tell you there is an update to zb number xxxxxxx and then asks you to procede or not. What are u going to try next
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Enrita you flash crazy!! Lol. After staring at WinKFP for more than two weeks until you finally got your car, Then u finally flashed Alpina into tranny and now your hooked on flashing modules!! Hahahahha
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well i buddy of mine in italy has flashed all modules besides the DME . I will probably try to flash next the FRM module since it was last updated in 2007 or so.
    i also want to test flashing the module related to the IPOD connection since sometimes the sound just stops playing. i had that updated in 2010 but that issue was not fixed. Do you know which one it is?
    car is now hooked on a charger, will continue tomorrow and also coding stuff with NCSexpert. cant drive now because of the snow storm so ....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well i buddy of mine in italy has flashed all modules besides the DME . I will probably try to flash next the FRM module since it was last updated in 2007 or so.
    i also want to test flashing the module related to the IPOD connection since sometimes the sound just stops playing. i had that updated in 2010 but that issue was not fixed. Do you know which one it is?
    car is now hooked on a charger, will continue tomorrow and also coding stuff with NCSexpert. cant drive now because of the snow storm so ....

that my friend is when it will get you into your cappl module and that flash is no joke. That one takes many hours to do And I have not done that flash before so you are on your own. FRM module I have done and that's easy just like Alpina flash
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Enrita just checked with someone that has flashed the CCC unit...Takes over 10 hours with ICOM!!!! Tread carefully my friend..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    won't do it than.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    10 hours with the ICOM over the fiber optic? holy crap. DCAN would be like days X]
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We need to figure out what the CIC / CCC software looks like so we can start editing the images contained within for extra baller status :.)
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    We need to figure out what the CIC / CCC software looks like so we can start editing the images contained within for extra baller status :.)
    This would be cool....I used to load custom bootup images on my aftermarket head units of pictures of my old cars....People used to always complement them and to be honest they looked so badass on startup...way better than the $#@!ty grey BMW logo on my 2007 idrive
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    This would be cool....I used to load custom bootup images on my aftermarket head units of pictures of my old cars....People used to always complement them and to be honest they looked so badass on startup...way better than the $#@!ty grey BMW logo on my 2007 idrive
    A Kate Upton screen saver for my iDrive display would be nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Basically you get the binaries, look for stuff that looks like a bitmap and then >:] look at it. Unfortunately you can't add functionality...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    bump did anyone even update their dme via obd?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast