Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow spool

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Slow spool

Since i got the car back i have experienced erratic spool when going wot low rpm.
    Seems it gets better and better the more i go wot but to give an idea here is what it should look like from before the engine swap:
    15 psi at 3K
    Click here to enlarge

here you can see how it behaves now. boosts until 8 psi than suddenly shoots up passes target, throttle closes and than holds boost fine:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

other times is fine just a bit slow starting
    Click here to enlarge

i am thinking maybe one diverter valve is a bit stuck and is leaking . Ideas?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky wastegate possible too
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    maybe the dp clamp is hitting it? as soon as i got the car back i got 30FF codes but after couple of WOTs it stopped .
    maybe logging both WGDC % would help?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    couldn't hurt to log both, see how they look
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    +1

I was getting the same behaviour recently......laggy at boost onset and then WHAM....sudden ramp up to boost target for the first couple of WOT's of the day. Afterwards, it would completely disappear for a few days.

I put if off to a sticky wastegate.

I datalogged it and found a bit of lag between boost target and actual boost during throttle tip in.

Increased my wastegate duty cycle at the relevant rpms and now the lag is gone and actual boost is right on target now.

Unfortunately the wastegate still sticks but at least it's not laggy anymore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    +1

I was getting the same behaviour recently......laggy at boost onset and then WHAM....sudden ramp up to boost target for the first couple of WOT's of the day. Afterwards, it would completely disappear for a few days.

I datalogged it and found a bit of lag between boost target and actual boost during throttle tip in.

Increased my wastegate duty cycle at the relevant rpms and now the lag is gone and actual boost is right on target now.

Unfortunately the wastegate still sticks but at least it's not laggy anymore.
    do you have COBB only?
    maybe i should try to install jb4 and see if its a tuning issue first. my Wgs were fine before the engine swap so dont understand why they should stick now.
    Anyway we got a snow storm here so cant test $#@! damn it...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i forgot as well one piece of info.
    i got a new DME 81 with latest software from November 2012. Before this with the MSD80 and 2010 software i always had WG Rattle. Now they are dead silent. no rattle at all.
    Anyway will test some maps and see if it helps before checking the WGs.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Did you accidentally install the vishnu turbo kit? Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I had more points I'd rep you for that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Oooooooh nasty Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I see now why Terry gets so much rep lol. So by making vishnu burns I would get rep from people laughing at them/dislike them, while making objective comments/replies pro-anything out of their norm I get negs, cool.

Back to the thread, enrita, I also had pre 29.2 and had to 'upgrade' to a new DME. I really didn't notice that much of a difference as shown in the logs so this is not normal, just fyi.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Vishnu has a turbo kit? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    i forgot as well one piece of info.
    i got a new DME 81 with latest software from November 2012. Before this with the MSD80 and 2010 software i always had WG Rattle. Now they are dead silent. no rattle at all.
    Anyway will test some maps and see if it helps before checking the WGs.
    Have you tried driving the car on the OEM software (untuned)?? Has your ROM or anything changed since the DME had been upgraded?? I don't know how the tune would be working if the ROM had been switched, but it's worth considering.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Vishnu has a turbo kit? Click here to enlarge
    Would not know it from his 100s of marketing posts pushing it. Click here to enlarge

But in all seriousness I'd suggest Enrita throw the JB4 on and log that so we have a good readable log to isolate what might be wrong.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    I see now why Terry gets so much rep lol. So by making vishnu burns I would get rep from people laughing at them/dislike them, while making objective comments/replies pro-anything out of their norm I get negs, cool.
    Home court advantage. Click here to enlarge But, I have a suspicion your negative rep has more to do with ASR than Vishnu...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @enrita, have you done a full adaptation reset with INPA. If not, it's worth a try.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    I didn't even touch them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Have you tried driving the car on the OEM software (untuned)?? Has your ROM or anything changed since the DME had been upgraded?? I don't know how the tune would be working if the ROM had been switched, but it's worth considering.
    well now i have the IJEOS instead of the I8AOS so the cobb is now for the new ROM.
    Never drove the car stock yet. was tuned from the beginning.
    Might try to reset all adaptations as well and slap on the jb4 later on.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It may be useful to log the actual WGDC of the wastegates and plot it along with the boost. I think that this way you can rule out outer components like diverter valves.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well now i have the IJEOS instead of the I8AOS so the cobb is now for the new ROM.
    Never drove the car stock yet. was tuned from the beginning.
    Might try to reset all adaptations as well and slap on the jb4 later on.
    Try both stock (log using the bt cable) and the jb4 only and look at the logs, never hurts to have more info. And btw the jb4 logs are so much easier to read, wish Terry would fix so the JB4 software could read both COBB and BT logs as well including being able to overlay several logs...
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here some logs with the WGDC
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    on the last one the requested load seems weird.
    Shouldn't it be 190 under WOT at those RPM's?
    BMW 335i xDrive MT
    COBB Stage2+|Wagner FMIC|CPe-Downpipes|BMW Performance Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here some logs with the WGDC
    It seems to me that the WGDC is "oredered" by the ECU to give this kind of boost curve. The WGDC suddenly changes where your boost changes. So it may be bad tuning. But I don't have enough experience to be sure. If you log the "Boost Setpoint Factor" and "MAF Req. (WGDC)" you may be able to indentify the areas on the WGDC (Base) table that are bad and need to be modified (using ATR). It would be useful if you could post the actual log with these two values logged.
    Last edited by cstavaru; 03-20-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well today got always 30FF codes on loader 2 so probably a leak somewhere to turbo 2 or boost solenoid. leaving the car on monday to troubleshoot..... also the walbro pump is giving me headaches because they arent able to install it properly... 3rd time now...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If they can't figure out the in tank walbro do the inline DIY posted. That is very easy to install and hard to mess up.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast