Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Calling all N54 Owners in LA area, please report in :)

Decided to create a new thread for this one purpose, need someone to lend their car for a couple hours to a shop in Van Nuys for some measurements on a Fueling Solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Decided to create a new thread for this one purpose, need someone to lend their car for a couple hours to a shop in Van Nuys for some measurements on a Fueling Solution.
    Someone should jump on this. The more options the better, always.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fwiw any machine shop around the country should be able to make up your throttle body spacer with a spot for an injector assuming you know what style injector you want to use...rigging up the rest of the kit shouldn't be too hard and can be done in your garage...

Or get the exact measurements from the gasket(I assume there is one) and put it into CAD.

I assume anyone fueling their car this way would have a aftermarket wideband installed just for safety's sake?
    Last edited by Torgus; 03-18-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Fwiw any machine shop around the country should be able to make up your throttle body spacer with a spot for an injector assuming you know what style injector you want to use...rigging up the rest of the kit shouldn't be too hard and can be done in your garage...

Or get the exact measurements from the gasket(I assume there is one) and put it into CAD.

I assume anyone fueling their car this way would have a aftermarket wideband installed just for safety's sake?
    Well, we have a shop that is willing to tackle this right now. However moving the TB out requires we get a look at the space restrictions and where to mount everything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, we have a shop that is willing to tackle this right now. However moving the TB out requires we get a look at the space restrictions and where to mount everything.
    Very true. Will they just be making the adapter plate or getting fuel to it and making it into a full kit minus the tuning of course?

I 100% think this is the best way to go and what I have always thought this when I hear about the HPFP limitations. I think this is the solution that will have to be used until a real HPFP upgrade becomes available...

I just want to see 93 and E85 dyno numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very true. Will they just be making the adapter plate or getting fuel to it and making it into a full kit minus the tuning of course?

I 100% think this is the best way to go and what I have always thought this when I hear about the HPFP limitations. I think this is the solution that will have to be used until a real HPFP upgrade becomes available...
    I agree 100%. Upgraded HPFP is the true solution, however that isn't today or the last many years and this is a solution right now that nobody has taken the time to delve into. The injector they've chosen at this time is a Siemens Deka short.

I'd lend them a car, but I'm in AZ.

A true HPFP upgrade could prove to be expensive as well, we just don't know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Your car has two that are already as accurate as needed and they function 100% of the time, for safety's sake Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now is this for the 3 ONLY

If the 5's are included, then...

Let me know and you can use my car

2008 535i
    Last edited by skysurfer; 03-19-2013 at 05:51 AM. Reason: error

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skysurfer Click here to enlarge
    Now is this for the 3 ONLY

If the 5's are included, then...

Let me know and you can use my car

2008 535i
    We have a 135 that is supposed to be testing this week, but hasn't contacted the shop yet that I know of. Regardless, we'd like to see the space available in the 5er, if you want to PM me I can hook you up with the details.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Moved to Regional -> California.