Close

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupertinosteve Click here to enlarge
    @vargas - wouldn't the best option be the VTR2871R? Being that it supports 800WHP and has the best price? Why would you want a GTX-R based turbo? Better spool?
    That is correct. The GTX turbos spool faster.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    This is now the 4th time I've read through the OP.

I have come up with a list of reasons NOT to switch my order from Stage 2 to 3:

1) More than double the price of Stage 2 + installation hardware,
    2) I can buy Stage 2 + Stoptech BBKs for the same price of Stage 3,
    3) I won't be allowed to buy a new gun this weekend at the gun show,
    4) I only drive 6 miles round trip to and from work everyday and rarely drive my car on the weekends, and
    5) No no no no no.

Now I have to keep reading over this list for the next 5 days until the pre-order pricing is pulled.
    My girlfriend told me no, unless she gets a TwinTurbo kit for her 370z next year (that's actually an incentive, you won't find me complaining about that). And that I cook her dinner for a few nights. Click here to enlarge

So I'm #2 on the list, deposit made. GTX2863Rs. $#@! YEAH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Phenomenal pricing, little to no BMW tax & a product that allows you to run ANY of the mainstream tune options. Def cannot wait to see some kill vids on YouTube of N54s running the various VTTS3 kits Click here to enlarge

@VargasTurboTech -- Can you comment on a percentage increase on the final (non-intro) pricing?? Also, I can't remember but this include enlarged turbo inlet piping??
    I'm curious about the non itro pricing too - $1000 on top for the GTX options?

Considering the turbos alone aren't far off $2k eqch with housings, very reasonable!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This is a solid question. My understanding is the 135's actually have more room down there. If this is in fact the case, the kit will fit no problem. Anyone who wants a kit with a 135 in CA, feel free to bring us your car and we will see if were good to go.
    I thought engine bays were basically identical? Same size at best?

be good to find out, i'm sure you'll let everyone know when you do!

i'm glad it won't fit RHD now though, i have so many other things to budget $7k for LOL :p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good intro pricing. If I had a 335 I would get twin disco potatos on that $#@!. Seriously people should hop on this now as this is intro pricing.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the quality of the components, and quantity of each, that price is phenomenal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I really need to stop checking this thread ._.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I really need to stop checking this thread ._.
    DO EET. DOOOOO EEEEET. You'll always be wondering if you should have just bit the bullet. And I'm here from the future, to tell you that YES, you SHOULD have. So do it now, for the future!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

If someone buys my EVO i'll put the VTT VTX-R67 Garrett GTX-R 2867R Supports 950 HP in a 135i Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    DO EET. DOOOOO EEEEET. You'll always be wondering if you should have just bit the bullet. And I'm here from the future, to tell you that YES, you SHOULD have. So do it now, for the future!
    My Final Fantasy 13 joke, 100 AF = 100 years After Future. After Future folks, too bad it isn't After Future now, or perhaps is it then...
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow Tony I applaud you with that pricing! Not inflated at all man!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Phenomenal pricing, I don't see why anyone would want to get a Vishnu Single turbo kit after this. Keep up the good work Tony.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    If someone buys my EVO i'll put the VTT VTX-R67 Garrett GTX-R 2867R Supports 950 HP in a 135i Click here to enlarge
    I opted for the 63R, but I may change my mind if I see some projected dyno information and after I see more testing on the dyno regarding spoolup time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    My Final Fantasy 13 joke, 100 AF = 100 years After Future. After Future folks, too bad it isn't After Future now, or perhaps is it then...
    Dovetails nicely into a Spaceballs joke. That's a StarWars spoof, for you young folks in the thread. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I opted for the 63R, but I may change my mind if I see some projected dyno information and after I see more testing on the dyno regarding spoolup time.
    I think you're going to love the 63R. VERY responsive turbos. The 67R may be a little too laggy for some people. prob anther 500 RPM later than the 63R
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dovetails nicely into a Spaceballs joke. That's a StarWars spoof, for you young folks in the thread. Click here to enlarge
    Ludicrous speed with jammed radar, using only my schwartz.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The turbo pricing isn't awful but being a 6AT, it becomes much more expensive to achieve this power without the tranny going boom. Of course, this isn't a knock on this kit but every kit that is going to make big HP / TQ.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    My Final Fantasy 13 joke, 100 AF = 100 years After Future.
    lol. The ending of FF 13-2 was horrible.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I really want to pull the trigger, but I don't think it's a smart move without a 6AT upgrade... mmmmmmmmmmmm
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is where having a 6AT pays Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not to muddy up the water to much.... I think it's kinda interesting that FFTEC sells a BB kit for the EVO at $4030.00 and a Non-BB kit for the 335I at $6750.00. Does it cost $2700.00 for 2 extra runners and Non-Ball bearing?

Vargas VTT Stage 3 is very well priced considering that 2 of GTX turbo's cost the same as FFTEC's
    EVO price (very close).

Please Note that FFTEC makes very nice kit's!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by NJrep335i; 03-18-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    This is where having a 6AT pays Click here to enlarge
    It does....but it doesn't if you catch my drift.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupertinosteve Click here to enlarge
    @vargas - wouldn't the best option be the VTR2871R? Being that it supports 800WHP and has the best price? Why would you want a GTX-R based turbo? Better spool?
    Check out ATPturbo.com and read about both. The GTX wheel profile i s very high efficiency and flows much more at the same turbo RPM. So at the same spool its moving more air, and can support more HP with the same size wheel. THE GTX wheels outflow just about everyone other wheel profile. Including the Borg Warner EFR comp wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very reasonable pricing Tony. Keep up the amazing work.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

So far we have:

For tuner kits:
    Dzenno of course getting the first kit after the OP of the test car VTX-R63
    Terry of BMS next so he can see what he can do with it. Not sure which size turbos T has decided on yet.
    Jake from PTF also wants a VTX-R60 kit

If any other tuners want a kit, IE GIAC, Renntech, etc. Let me know and I can work you guys out a great price.

Intro price orders
    #1 BMW335iguy VTR-28RS
    #2 Sered VTX-R63
    #3 and #4 are in contact with me and weighing their options, most likely will get them locked in tomorrow.

Not bad for the first day. Hopefully we get enough of these things going to where we can do a nice production run

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast