Close

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @VargasTurboTech what is going to be the production kit's intake plumbing solution/location? I know you mentioned a few different ways that you envisioned running the intakes, but if we could find out how it will be done on a purchased kit, I (and I would imagine everyone else) would be quite grateful. Thanks!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great prices. I'm staying with my RBs for a while yet, but it's great to see this solution available for this platform, not married to any specific tune and very reasonably priced, considering the hardware and R and D. Now it's just to wait and see the results people will get with the various options.
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    @VargasTurboTech what is going to be the production kit's intake plumbing solution/location? I know you mentioned a few different ways that you envisioned running the intakes, but if we could find out how it will be done on a purchased kit, I (and I would imagine everyone else) would be quite grateful. Thanks!
    Turbos will have proper intakes, that's all I am going to add. The kit on the car is a prototype. This was very well known, the final kit will be a production ready kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Phenomenal pricing, little to no BMW tax & a product that allows you to run ANY of the mainstream tune options. Def cannot wait to see some kill vids on YouTube of N54s running the various VTTS3 kits Click here to enlarge

@VargasTurboTech -- Can you comment on a percentage increase on the final (non-intro) pricing?? Also, I can't remember but this include enlarged turbo inlet piping??
    Last edited by benzy89; 03-18-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Has anyone experienced twin GT28Rs on a different platform? How's the spool on those?
    @Mr.Squeeze should be able to chime in
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

6 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great intro pricing! Who will be the first to sell their ST kit and jump ship?
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome pricing.

Probably should be noted that the "supported" numbers are what the turbos are designed for, which may or may not directly tie to what the N54 will push on them.

In no way am I questioning what Vargas can do, results have been great. Just want to ensure that anyone coming across this post doesn see 850hp and think they are going to hit 750whp simply by dropping pump in.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Awesome pricing.

Probably should be noted that the "supported" numbers are what the turbos are designed for, which may or may not directly tie to what the N54 will push on them.

In no way am I questioning what Vargas can do, results have been great. Just want to ensure that anyone coming across this post doesn see 850hp and think they are going to hit 750whp simply by dropping pump in.
    I appreciate your post. He is correct, we are using Garretts HP numbers they released with the turbos. What you will get, of course is 100% based on your tune, supporting mods, fuel etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Tony, can you break it down all the parts included for this kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony, what is the status for 135i owners? Are you working on a solution for us or is there simply not enough clearence to accommodate the bigger turbos? Anxious to hear, thanks and great job on the kit and the cost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think the 2560R is going to be the hot setup.. lag should be very minimal but it should still be good for 500-550rwhp on pump gas. The other turbos will undoubtedly give a lot more headroom for those going crazy, but given our fuel system the 2560R might be the best bet. And it's cheap too! (This is the GT28R in Tony's first post.)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    I think the 2560R is going to be the hot setup.. lag should be very minimal but it should still be good for 500-550rwhp on pump gas. The other turbos will undoubtedly give a lot more headroom for those going crazy, but given our fuel system the 2560R might be the best bet. And it's cheap too! (This is the GT28R in Tony's first post.)
    If we can get someone in LA to lend their car for a few hours for a prototype Supplementary Throttle Body Injector spacer, we could get away from this fueling issue all together. Anyone in LA want to volenteer to so we can get measurements?
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Tony, what is the status for 135i owners? Are you working on a solution for us or is there simply not enough clearence to accommodate the bigger turbos? Anxious to hear, thanks and great job on the kit and the cost.
    This is a solid question. My understanding is the 135's actually have more room down there. If this is in fact the case, the kit will fit no problem. Anyone who wants a kit with a 135 in CA, feel free to bring us your car and we will see if were good to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    good market strategy, offer better hardware and no BS for a lower price than the competitor Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome pricing!

Can't you just install a split second fuel controller and we are over the fueling problems?

I know this isn't the preferred method but until the HPFP limitation is figured our it would be a quick band-aid. People use SS controllers on many other platforms.

Any reason this would be a bad idea?

edit: You could have a 2nd tank and put in E85 or whatever you wanted...
    Last edited by Torgus; 03-18-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    I took a look at the compressor maps on the smaller options just in case the improvement in power band was so good that it was worth giving up some top end potential. I notice all those smaller turbos seem to overrev as they approach 3:1 pressure ratio. For those of us at high elevation that's only 24psi. The maps looks great on the biggest options, though. So I guess for some of us it's go big or go home. I'm looking forward to seeing a pull that's tuned for quick spool and where the pull starts just off idle. For me full boost will happen 500+rpm later than it does at sea level.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sent you an email @VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jay335i Click here to enlarge
    Fair price since you get two turbos. But when spending that kind of money I really expect quality. The welds are not near as good as fftec kit. Also I want to see Terry what he can do with this kit before jumping. Just my 0.02 cents.
    The pics of the welds are just of the prototype kit.
    Once the kit comes off my car for production I'm sure they will be be much better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

So the exact list is turbos w/exh.manis, full intake and DPs and the needed installation hardware?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hope this kit sells well for you. Too bad I don't have 7k to play with right now. Maybe later this year though. I would imagine the 2860r will spool up a little bit faster than the 2863r, those would be my turbos of choice. What's the regular pricing going to be?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Must log off now before I spend money lol
    Cobb tuned, spec2+, wavetrac, DCI, ARdp's, AA fmic, forge DV's, M3 links & Sways, bbs lm's, bunch of exterior mods, and one happy BMW driver

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

This is now the 4th time I've read through the OP.

I have come up with a list of reasons NOT to switch my order from Stage 2 to 3:

1) More than double the price of Stage 2 + installation hardware,
    2) I can buy Stage 2 + Stoptech BBKs for the same price of Stage 3,
    3) I won't be allowed to buy a new gun this weekend at the gun show,
    4) I only drive 6 miles round trip to and from work everyday and rarely drive my car on the weekends, and
    5) No no no no no.

Now I have to keep reading over this list for the next 5 days until the pre-order pricing is pulled.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    This is now the 4th time I've read through the OP.

I have come up with a list of reasons NOT to switch my order from Stage 2 to 3:

1) More than double the price of Stage 2 + installation hardware,
    2) I can buy Stage 2 + Stoptech BBKs for the same price of Stage 3,
    3) I won't be allowed to buy a new gun this weekend at the gun show,
    4) I only drive 6 miles round trip to and from work everyday and rarely drive my car on the weekends, and
    5) No no no no no.

Now I have to keep reading over this list for the next 5 days until the pre-order pricing is pulled.
    I am trying to convince myself not to also, but Being that I only have half of the supporting mods you do and I'm a auto are the biggest ones :-/ but being over 500whp on 93 pump would be so sweet!!
    E92 FBO Cobb stage 2+

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@vargas - wouldn't the best option be the VTR2871R? Being that it supports 800WHP and has the best price? Why would you want a GTX-R based turbo? Better spool?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast