Close

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 506
  1. #401
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by neilvosko Click here to enlarge
    wow, the prices on the vargas web page are insane http://www.vargasturbo.com/n54products.html

    are these the final prices?

    e85 and stage 2 for me then.
    only a $1200-1400 jump, about what i expected lol

    though the non GTX versions were cheaper by far, now you're crazy to get them.

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    601
    Rep Points
    731.2
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Still lower than what most M3 owners would pay. The intro price was very good but as always, the beta owners will have to work the kinks out (tuning, fueling, power to the ground mods, etc.).

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,222
    Rep Points
    1,034.2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    Not insane at all. 2x gt2871r are ~$2800....still cheaper than the Vishnu fftec single
    Not if you're E90post where finding some guy selling one that fell off the back of a truck (ebay) means ALL turbos are that price! Click here to enlarge

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,222
    Rep Points
    1,034.2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    only a $1200-1400 jump, about what i expected lol

    though the non GTX versions were cheaper by far, now you're crazy to get them.
    Agreed. I can't see why someone would even buy the regular GTs at this point.

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Not if you're E90post where finding some guy selling one that fell off the back of a truck (ebay) means ALL turbos are that price!

    What does this even mean?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Agreed. I can't see why someone would even buy the regular GTs at this point.
    For the $300 difference, going the 2860's seems a wiser choice to me ?
    .. Otherwise save it and stick with stg2

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by neilvosko Click here to enlarge
    wow, the prices on the vargas web page are insane http://www.vargasturbo.com/n54products.html

    are these the final prices?

    e85 and stage 2 for me then.
    Yay pricing crying for those who didn't jump on the intro pricing but still want intro pricing starts in 5,4,3,2,...

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Points
    1,377.1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Great move using a reputable company like Doc Race to make the manifold. No sense in Vargas making the manifolds, they make turbos. Quality should be top notch. Divide and conquer.
    Stage 3 turbos are made by Garrett actually.

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,222
    Rep Points
    1,034.2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Stage 3 turbos are made by Garrett actually.
    CHRAs yes, but VTT also has to do some custom stuff to the compressor housings to make it fit and also assemble them to their spec, etc.

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    CHRAs yes, but VTT also has to do some custom stuff to the compressor housings to make it fit and also assemble them to their spec, etc.
    for stage 3.....?

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,222
    Rep Points
    1,034.2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    for stage 3.....?
    Pretty sure. I'll let Tony comment as I may just be speaking out of ignorance. But the compressor housings from what I saw need to be modified on the outlet due to spacial constraints. Check the build images to see what I'm talking about.

  11. #411
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The pricing is fine....if you have to question it you aren't ready for a stg 3 335. Think of all the other things you should do to make a all around stg 3 335 .... Bbk, suspension, rebuilt AT trans / upgraded 6mt clutch, axles, wheel/tire combo, cooling mods.... For this platform, I don't see a issue with the stg 3 pricing.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  12. #412
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    for stage 3.....?
    Yeah something minor like the inlet tube or something, or the exhaust being welded on? - it was mentioned a few pages back
    .. Enough that it meant you can't just go and buy a turbo and put it on their manifolds etc iirc

  13. #413
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    The pricing is fine....if you have to question it you aren't ready for a stg 3 335. Think of all the other things you should do to make a all around stg 3 335 .... Bbk, suspension, rebuilt AT trans / upgraded 6mt clutch, axles, wheel/tire combo, cooling mods.... For this platform, I don't see a issue with the stg 3 pricing.
    exactly, it's only part of the fairly large sum of what would be done.

  14. #414
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,222
    Rep Points
    1,034.2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    Yeah something minor like the inlet tube or something, or the exhaust being welded on? - it was mentioned a few pages back
    .. Enough that it meant you can't just go and buy a turbo and put it on their manifolds etc iirc
    It's also not running the normal anti-surge housing for the same reasons.

  15. #415
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Points
    1,445.6
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    It's also not running the normal anti-surge housing for the same reasons.
    No room for anti surge, not at all

    and not really needed more than likely

  16. #416
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,222
    Rep Points
    1,034.2
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Yes Reputation No
    Agreed, I'm sure the correct exhaust wheel/turbine was chosen to ensure that's no issue.

  17. #417
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,568
    Rep Points
    1,861.7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Price is fine. Gotta pay to play. 9k after taxes and shipping for 800ish WHP really isn't that bad. Alot cheaper than getting an M3 to those power levels and cheaper than many other cars.

    9k is like 1/3-1/4 the value of a N54 335 depending on the year and mileage to put it into perspective.

  18. #418
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Price is fine. Gotta pay to play. 9k after taxes and shipping for 800ish WHP really isn't that bad. Alot cheaper than getting an M3 to those power levels and cheaper than many other cars.
    800 ish... why didn't you just make it an even 1000?

  19. #419
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Points
    1,377.1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    CHRAs yes, but VTT also has to do some custom stuff to the compressor housings to make it fit and also assemble them to their spec, etc.
    CHRAs? I'm sure turbine wheel, compressor wheel, turbine housing, compressor housing - i.e. the whole turbo is unmodified Garrett design. Tony said he just welded an elbow to the compressor housing for fitment reasons. I'm sure and really hope he didn't mess with the turbo as such.

  20. #420
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Price is fine. Gotta pay to play. 9k after taxes and shipping for 800ish WHP really isn't that bad. Alot cheaper than getting an M3 to those power levels and cheaper than many other cars.

    9k is like 1/3-1/4 the value of a N54 335 depending on the year and mileage to put it into perspective.
    Heh...in all fairness no one has reached anywhere near that level yet, for all me know the n54 might let go at that whp unless it's built (more $$). But yes the potential is there after And if fueling / tuning is worked out.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  21. #421
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    im getting a good laugh at the theoretical HP figures for the stg 3 n54 being used as the basis for hp achieved, and then thrown at the s65 vs n54 price per hp debate.. $#@!, we brought too many newbs over..

  22. #422
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,929
    Rep Points
    4,044.7
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Those prices are not final and very well may be adjusted once we get actual production costs, but its going to something in the 8 neighborhood, there is nothing we can do about it. The turbos are just so expensive and since Garrett has a strangle hold on them its basically impossible to get a deep discount even when buying 30 turbos at once. Also I do agree the HP numbers are getting thrown around a lot. The turbos can easily make 800, questions are, can the motor, hpfp, fuel system as a whole, etc. I expect 700 should be possible as it is now if the motor doesn't give up the ghost.

  23. #423
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    439.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    im getting a good laugh at the theoretical HP figures for the stg 3 n54 being used as the basis for hp achieved, and then thrown at the s65 vs n54 price per hp debate.. $#@!, we brought too many newbs over..
    Here is your cake, sir. Click here to enlarge

    Wait, you wanted to eat that?

  24. #424
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,568
    Rep Points
    1,861.7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    800 ish... why didn't you just make it an even 1000?
    Because the turbos arnt going to make that and we know that? Would you prefer I say 750 which is 200whp under what a GTX-R 2867R can theoretically support?

    Obviously no one has gotten there yet and we don't know at what levels the engine will let go or what will let go 1st.

    Then again if you compare it to a supra turbo kit in price...
    Last edited by Torgus; 03-29-2013 at 11:36 AM.

  25. #425
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    439.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yay pricing crying for those who didn't jump on the intro pricing but still want intro pricing starts in 5,4,3,2,...
    It's funny because it's true. Click here to enlarge

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •