Close

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

@VargasTurboTech , will your intake solution have a provision for the factory PCV/crankcase vacuum plumbing? Could you provide a slash cut tube in the downpipe for a venturi scavenging effect to pull the vapors into the exhaust to die a fiery death?
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Tony, if it has intake piping, I might need to find an airbox somewhere to sit it on top. It's gotta look stock afterall >Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by SingDonald is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Hey Tony, I bet a photo blog type setup on your site would be pretty awesome... you could drop updates and not have to deal with all these issues. If someone wants updates, check the photo blog. You can make extremely detailed posts if you feel like it without having to make them again and again on multiple forums in multiple posts. Just refer to the blog whenever someone asks something stupid, and email for specific questions not covered there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Hey Tony, I bet a photo blog type setup on your site would be pretty awesome... you could drop updates and not have to deal with all these issues. If someone wants updates, check the photo blog. You can make extremely detailed posts if you feel like it without having to make them again and again on multiple forums in multiple posts. Just refer to the blog whenever someone asks something stupid, and email for specific questions not covered there.
    +1
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Tony, I apologize I missed those pics. Has anyone ever told you you have the bedside manner of an adolescent gorilla?

Thanks for your help everyone else, much appreciated!
    This week has literally been the week from hell, for a number of reasons outside of this forum and the N54 world. People nitpicking on the forums has just been a pain in my butt this week. Normally I am much more relaxed, no need for apologies. Just do a little reading in the future before you start bashing people on things you are not totally up to date on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Site is getting a major overhaul soon. I will try to add this in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

10 spots full! Intro pricing is no longer in effect. I appreciate everyone who called and or emailed. I will get a list up tonight.

Looking forward to building these for you guys!

Tony

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Wow awesome, I wonder if that's more than the singles? Those 10 went pretty quick!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Here is the full list.

Tuners:
    Dzenno - VTX-R67
    Jake - VTX-R63
    Terry - VTX-R60

Non Tuner: (alphabetical order)
    Armando E -VTX-R63
    Brian D -VTX-R67
    Chris L -VTRX-R60
    Danny H -VTX-R60
    David K -VTX-R63
    Jeremy O -VTX-R63
    John N -VTX-R63
    Reggie N - VTX-R63
    Reuben R VTX-R63
    Steve U VTX-R63

Thanks to everyone who participated or helped make this happen. Special Thanks, to Sticky, Mat Morkin and of course the PTF crew. Sticky because when I first signed up, my plan was to make a single. He was like eff that, make a twin kit man, so we did. And Mat did a bunch of stuff behind the scenes to help me out. Honestly this kit would be DOA without D staying up til 4 am and Jake hounding Cobb to make it happen.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 03-22-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Do you have plans for a kit to fit on xi models?

@VargasTurboTech

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Was just thinking that earlier. Even a thread aggregation for all Stage 3 info

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Just to make sure Tony, I wanted the 67R >.>

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Just to make sure Tony, I wanted the 67R >.>
    Dude I don't even know which one is you! haha. Let me know and I'll change it. To answer above. We plan on an XI version yes. Also our #10 is a 1M so we will see how that is going to play out, as far as fitment.

Tony

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Heh no problem. What you don't have our names memorized? For shame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Dude I don't even know which one is you! haha. Let me know and I'll change it. To answer above. We plan on an XI version yes. Also our #10 is a 1M so we will see how that is going to play out, as far as fitment.

Tony
    Thanks Tony please keep the forum updated cuz I wanted to pull the trigger and getting in on this intro pricing but knew these were not test fitted for an xi yet. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DQE92 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Tony please keep the forum updated cuz I wanted to pull the trigger and getting in on this intro pricing but knew these were not test fitted for an xi yet. Click here to enlarge
    When we get the XI fitted up. We will prob do an xi intro price period as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    When we get the XI fitted up. We will prob do an xi intro price period as well.
    Sweet!! Can't wait to get in on that. Will it be a bit more expensive because of fitment or same intro pricing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Because his comparison & comments are stupid. The FFTEC kit with the spotless welds are their mass produced, customer released kit. The VTT S3s that have been featured & photographed to this point are a beta (aka, test) set and not the final product that customers would be receiving.
    Hold on there pal , my comparison was not stupid.

As a potential customer i have the right to demand what the finished product will look like before i will spend my money.

At this moment they are selling a production kit , when there even isn't a production kit. Now if you as a customer are fine with a promise that the production product will be flawless then fine for you. Not every customer is as easy as you and we all have the right to ask these questions before we make the decision to buy a product.

Yes we have seen a one off beta version with headers wrapped . There have been alot of talk about the quality of the welds , Tony then promised the welds on the production kit would be much better. Now i don't doubt they will look ok , but is it too much to ask for an example of how good those welds will look??

I just made the statement that i don't understand why people would trust their money into other hands when they are not 100% sure what they will get.
    And that is just my opinion , if you having problems with that then deal with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    Hold on there pal , my comparison was not stupid.

As a potential customer i have the right to demand what the finished product will look like before i will spend my money.

At this moment they are selling a production kit , when there even isn't a production kit. Now if you as a customer are fine with a promise that the production product will be flawless then fine for you. Not every customer is as easy as you and we all have the right to ask these questions before we make the decision to buy a product.

Yes we have seen a one off beta version with headers wrapped . There have been alot of talk about the quality of the welds , Tony then promised the welds on the production kit would be much better. Now i don't doubt they will look ok , but is it too much to ask for an example of how good those welds will look??

I just made the statement that i don't understand why people would trust their money into other hands when they are not 100% sure what they will get.
    And that is just my opinion , if you having problems with that then deal with it.
    No offense but you honestly do not know how production works. I am not going to build a production kit, meaning 10-20 kits when I do not even know if there is interest for such a kit. You build a prototype, you test it, prove it works, prove it works well (ie dyno numbers), you gauge interest (this is done through deposits, money talks, bs walks) if its there you go into production. The interest is obviously there. We got the 10 intro orders and now we go into production. Its the people who are not even buying anything who always complain the most. If you are gauging a turbo kit based on how welds look that you will never see again once installed. Man, that just borders on funny. At event "Hey man nice race took you pretty hard, most likely because my car makes 100HP more then yours on pump. WHO CARES, just look at my welds!! Oh wait you cant see them. Shoot"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Don't even want to address his post when showing this, but I will just put this out there for rational people. Doc Race is making or manifolds until we decide to have them cast. Judge their work for yourselves.

Attachment 28358

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

DOC Race makes some good stuff. Tony I meant to call you today, will do so on Mon regarding xi. keep it up!
    Last edited by Salg; 03-22-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No offense but you honestly do not know how production works. I am not going to build a production kit, meaing 10-20 kits when I do not even know if there is interest for such a kit. You build a prototype, you test it, prove it works, you gauge interest(this is done through deposits, money talks, bs walks) if its there you go into production. The interested is obviously there. We got the 10 intro orders and now we go into production. Its the people who are not even buying anything who always complain the most. If you are gauging a turbo kit based on how welds look that, you will never see again once installed. Man, that just borders on funny. At event "Hey man nice race took you pretty hard, most likely because my car makes 100HP more then yours on pump. WHO CARES, just look at my welds!! Oh wait you cant see them. Shoot"
    I would gauge your overall build quality on the look of your welds for example. I'm a technician myself and yes i judge others by the detail they put in their work.

It's called craftsmanship. Of course the welds won't do anything performance wise , but they do tell me alot.

I did not say you have to build 10 to 20 kits , just build one that is completely finished and resembles the kit that people will get .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Don't even want to address his post when showing this, but I will just put this out there for rational people. Doc Race is making or manifolds until we decide to have them cast. Judge their work for yourselves.

Attachment 28358
    Hell yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    I would gauge your overall build quality on the look of your welds for example. I'm a technician myself and yes i judge others by the detail they put in their work.

It's called craftsmanship. Of course the welds won't do anything performance wise , but they do tell me alot.

I did not say you have to build 10 to 20 kits , just build one that is completely finished and resembles the kit that people will get .
    Again, that's not how it works. You build a prototype first to test. Then you build a production kit. My father taught me a lot over the years, I watched him turn away a lot of business, and afterwards he always said selling something isn't worth the headaches that guy was gonna bring down on us, trust me. I never really got it until I was older. Some people on these forums remind me a lot of that life lesson.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast