Close

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Pretty darn good pricing indeed, this will certainly invalidate the entire single turbo shiv world. Great work Tony.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

I think some people are forgetting that PTF's tuning on the Stage 3s were PRELIMINARY.

Unlike another tuner who waits until he has solid numbers and doesn't disclose any potentially negative results, PTF and Vargas prefers FULL DISCLOSURE.

It's pretty clear based on the first Stage 3 dynos released, that there is a lot of work to be done to not only fix the throttle closure causing the torque dip, but to increase spool and squeeze out more power.

I personally prefer full disclosure ;D
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I think some people are forgetting that PTF's tuning on the Stage 3s were PRELIMINARY.

Unlike another tuner who waits until he has solid numbers and doesn't disclose any potentially negative results, PTF and Vargas prefers FULL DISCLOSURE.

It's pretty clear based on the first Stage 3 dynos released, that there is a lot of work to be done to not only fix the throttle closure causing the torque dip, but to increase spool and squeeze out more power.

Agreed. And I prefer the transparency. This community just nitpicks too much; it gets old.

Another OT:
    I officially switched to 67Rs. Yay me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

We actually fixed the throttle closure just before pulling the car off the dyno but that run was with some meth spraying to see if/how it helps with the HPFP pressure so doesn't count but Tony showed it already in the run he lifted at 6k rpm. That dip was history Click here to enlarge

Imagine we had another 3 hours that day hehe...cool part is its hours we're talking about not weeks/months/years and every n54 tuner should have a blast tuning with these...really looking forward to the next set of runs on the dyno scheduled in about three weeks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    We actually fixed the throttle closure just before pulling the car off the dyno but that run was with some meth spraying to see if/how it helps with the HPFP pressure so doesn't count but Tony showed it already in the run he lifted at 6k rpm. That dip was history Click here to enlarge

Imagine we had another 3 hours that day hehe...cool part is its hours we're talking about not weeks/months/years and every n54 tuner should have a blast tuning with these...really looking forward to the next set of runs on the dyno scheduled in about three weeks
    Yeah, of course you fixed it like you were able to on my car.

But if this was any other tuner, they would have never posted a dyno that showed a throttle closure.

Transparency ftmfw.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yeah, of course you fixed it like you were able to on my car.

But if this was any other tuner, they would have never posted a dyno that showed a throttle closure.

Transparency ftmfw.
    Oh I know, many tuners wouldn't post things like this on the forums especially because of how things get taken and portrayed. I was honestly highly reluctant too, ask Tony Click here to enlarge In the end we really hoped more people would sincerely appreciate seeing early results than those that'd nitpick at simple to fix things like that throttle closure and I'm really glad it seems to have turned out that way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Oh I know, many tuners wouldn't post things like this on the forums especially because of how things get taken and portrayed. I was honestly highly reluctant too, ask Tony Click here to enlarge In the end we really hoped more people would sincerely appreciate seeing early results than those that'd nitpick at simple to fix things like that throttle closure and I'm really glad it seems to have turned out that way.
    You of all people should know, if all there is to talk about on a beta tune for stg 3's is a bit of throttle closure, your doing just fine Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Pretty darn good pricing indeed, this will certainly invalidate the entire single turbo shiv world. Great work Tony.
    And it should bring you back to the fold! It hasn't been the same with out you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge
    Interesting as I suspect my decision will eventually come down to the disco potato or the GTX2860.

Can you see this in the maps or do you have other information? Also, how do you think that transient response compares?

Thanks.

Neil
    well, if you look at th flow maps it's a huge difference

and there are loads of dynos and reviews specifically comparing the two

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok after more research I have decided to switch my gt28rs set for a gtx set... But which one should I choose(this is everyone's question lol)?? Just need to figure it out before I bother Tony again to change my invoice again..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

TBH, it was the prelim results that sold me. As soon as Tony posted the pricing (far below what I had estimated), the fun/$$$ was just too much to ignore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess Tony stopped checking this thread. Perhaps someone else can answer my question about emissions compliance? Also, is anyone else interested to see pictures of the kit installed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    Perhaps someone else can answer my question about emissions compliance?
    Emissions compliance, what's that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 9 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by funkmobster is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    Yeah , i don't really understand why people are putting down deposits when we did not even see pictures of a finalized product.
    We are promised a quality finished product , but there is no proof or even an example of this quality finish.
    Ya totally, you need to see your reflection in it right? Not like the dyno numbers or getting the hardware to work or the pricing are what's important it's the "quality finish."

Some people...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ya totally, you need to see your reflection in it right? Not like the dyno numbers or getting the hardware to work or the pricing are what's important it's the "quality finish."

Some people...
    Not everyone likes to buy a pig in a poke.

Yes, preliminary numbers are great. But please stay neutral. I think the Stage 2 TD04/TD035 controversy has shown that a LITTLE scepticism can't hurt.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Not everyone likes to buy a pig in a poke.

Yes, preliminary numbers are great. But please stay neutral. I think the Stage 2 TD04/TD035 controversy has shown that a LITTLE scepticism can't hurt.
    I think criticism of there not being pretty pictures of shiny turbos is, well, stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    And it should bring you back to the fold! It hasn't been the same with out you!
    Well, I just made a deal for a mint, dakar yellow, e36 M3 last night. So I wont be back in the N54 fold but I do have huge plans for the car Click here to enlarge

Project thread incoming when I pick up the car next week. Sorry for off topic.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I guess Tony stopped checking this thread. Perhaps someone else can answer my question about emissions compliance? Also, is anyone else interested to see pictures of the kit installed?
    IN the US this kit is 0% emission compliant because of the hardware, since the DPs are catless (you'd have to talk to Tony if you want a 1-off kit with cats). He already said earlier in the thread that everybody needs to read up on the specs of the different turbos instead of asking him what each one offers in HP & spool; which everyone is basically doing in here Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    IN the US this kit is 0% emission compliant because of the hardware, since the DPs are catless (you'd have to talk to Tony if you want a 1-off kit with cats). He already said earlier in the thread that everybody needs to read up on the specs of the different turbos instead of asking him what each one offers in HP & spool; which everyone is basically doing in here Click here to enlarge
    It is illegal everywhere, but there is a chance to get pass the sniffer with cats in the exhaust only.

I've tried to help Tony out by pointing out the most efficient power/spool product, 67R Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

You will need cats to make it emissions compliant. The DPs that come with this kit do not have cats and are strictly for "off road use only."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You can do a search. There's a lot of search info out there Click here to enlarge

Yeah , i don't really understand why people are putting down deposits when we did not even see pictures of a finalized product.
    We are promised a quality finished product , but there is no proof or even an example of this quality finish.

At least FFtec provided alot of HD pictures that showed the welds and the quality of the fabrication , and they did showed this when they launched their pricing.

Regarding your emissions compliance , the downpipes don't have cats , so you will have to do it with the secondary set of cats . These will probably not be enough to pass the test.
    You're $#@!ing kidding right? Do yourself a favor and do a damn search before running your mouth off. Tony has provided just as many, if not more than, FFTEC did in their build. Tony's got a LOT of threads on this board. He can't help it if you're too much of a whiny baby to go find it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

At least FFtec provided alot of HD pictures that showed the welds and the quality of the fabrication , and they did showed this when they launched their pricing.

Regarding your emissions compliance , the downpipes don't have cats , so you will have to do it with the secondary set of cats . These will probably not be enough to pass the test.
    Also, you're forgetting this is INTRO pricing. Vargas hasn't even made the production kit yet. I'm sure there will be plenty of HD pictures once that's made.

As far as your comment about people putting down deposits without any results:

Everyone who's put down a deposit have been following all of Vargas' threads for the last few months. Most, if not all, of us are highly educated and have complete faith in Vargas based on what Tony has been able to do and his stance on complete transparency.

I mean seriously, you need pictures of welds? What about pictures of two massive turbos squeezed into a tight space with proper plumbing? In my humble opinion, the latter is more important.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    The DME doesn't fight you at all, this is a legend from the piggyback era when they didn't know how the DME worked. Until now I have seen very few problems (if any) that couldn't be solved by correctly altering the current tables exposed by Cobb (save for the 18.5psi limit on production software). And this also applies to RBs, not only stock turbos.
    I am going to leave the tuning comments to D. But from being out tuning with him and talking to him. The DME fought us quite a bit before he got it wrangled in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Legal for offroad use only in Cali, but throw the car runs like stock when you are not on it. Put a stock tune in it, and have some removable cats built and you should pass no problem. Posted plenty of pictures of the kit installed. Thing is, you cant see anything, once its installed.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast