Close

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    ah my mistake, i thought the SC's were more like 1700-1800kg, not 1600

i've seen plenty of forum builds of high power NA-T's... nothing like the ridiculous fully built 1000+ 2jzGTE's, but enough to chase your average supra yeah

oh you're talking about GE's, not GTE's? OH RIGHT. sorry, i forget the SC never came with the 1jzGTE like the soarer did.. we have a lot more soarers than SC's, many many of which have the 1jz.. though they tend to get re-badged with the 'L' lol.

the soarer, however, DID get up to 3800lb, which is where my numbers were coming from, miscommunication hah.
    Yeah those SC400s with air suspension DID get up that high, pretty ridiculous. But here in the states, the SCs never got that heavy until the new gen came out (the hardtop convert).

There's nothing making an NA-T inferior to the 'built' GTEs. The head actually flows better (as does the stock intake manifold). The bottom end is built just as strong, it just has slightly higher compression pistons and makes up most of the compression ratio difference via the head and a thicker oem headgasket. Once you start building the engine, it's the same thing and its no-holds-barred at that point Click here to enlarge In fact, when most GTE people blow their engines, they just pop in a GE block because its far cheaper for the same thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Yeah those SC400s with air suspension DID get up that high, pretty ridiculous. But here in the states, the SCs never got that heavy until the new gen came out (the hardtop convert).

There's nothing making an NA-T inferior to the 'built' GTEs. The head actually flows better (as does the stock intake manifold). The bottom end is built just as strong, it just has slightly higher compression pistons and makes up most of the compression ratio difference via the head and a thicker oem headgasket. Once you start building the engine, it's the same thing and its no-holds-barred at that point Click here to enlarge In fact, when most GTE people blow their engines, they just pop in a GE block because its far cheaper for the same thing.
    aha true, anything's possible with enough money, dedication (and a touch of craziness lol) effort etc.. didn't know about the NA heads flowing better. makes sense, why spend all that effort on heads that see forced air anyway?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

that's a ridiculous comparison, how can you possibly get 800 on RB's? run a stupid shot of nos, raised compression, and spin the turbos til they blow?

so no, an RB turbo 'CAN'T' make 800hp in the sense we are talking, a twin GTX28 CAN, IN THEORY.

i don't think anyone said they're getting it right now, it's an aim, a possibility.. optimism.
    add N02 on top and it sure can.. but you run into the same 2 problems, block and fuel.. see how stupid your argument sounds now?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Pretty sure they're talking about the turbos being capable of flowing the air. You will NOT make that much power on RBs unless you're running some stupid-high shot of nitrous (and even then it doesn't seem too feasible due to how restrictive the exhaust side is). I get what you're saying, it's just a poor comparison. Most here are saying 800hp or something based on the potential flow rates of the turbo; though some have run off with all sense of reality and are claiming the car will be capable of making that power no problem; where we really just don't know yet.

ahh, you are a man that thinks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

that's a ridiculous comparison, how can you possibly get 800 on RB's?
    You can't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You can't.
    re-read. it was a fictitious assessment, much like 800hp from the current n54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Agreed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

the FFTEC/vishnu kit has hit mid 600's (650 i think?), there's no reason the slightly more efficient GTX28's can't do the same and even a little better:

so... feasible at least in the fact the turbos CAN make it... whether the fuel system can? well lets say 700 is safe ground with some race fuel and meth at current lack of modifications for it (again basing off what the vishnu kit makes)?

whether the block can take 800? eh.. we'll see? fact is the turbo setup itself should easily make it, it's just up to the rest to carry it through.
    Are you talking about this GTX28 kit & added a second turbo. (http://www.raimotorsport.com/RAI-MK6...6_2.0t_gtx.htm)
    335xi Sedan 6AT || Weather(45-60°F)
    -PROcede Rev. 2.5 ~ v5 (3/17 maps) / JB4 (8/21 maps) / COBB (Stg2+FMIC LT Agressive maps)
    †Procede Map2(UT 45 - IGN 40) Aggression Target 2.0 (93 Octane) || 0-60 in 4.0sec
    †Cobb E30 LT (35% Ethanol/65% 93 Octane) || 0-60 in 3.9sec
    AR Design Catless DP || BMS DCI + OCC || ETS 5 FMIC || Alpina B3 Trans Flash || 235/265 19" Michelin PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    Are you talking about this GTX28 kit & added a second turbo.
    No, he's talking about how VTT S3s in the GTX28s setup will be able to outflow & produce more power than any of the FFTEC/Vishnu STs.

BOTTOM LINE: Until someone proves a tune that has been heavily tested on the dyno (which will provide accurate power numbers & gains over a stock baseline) and street use (where the kit will spend most of it's time & see heavy abuse), NOBODY knows what the potential of the N54 is and IF or HOW LONG the completely stock motor is going to hold up (thus, making any unsupported speculations is ridiculous).

Realistically, I expect a lot of the OEM components to fail before we hit the max potential of the turbos -- We've already maxed out the fueling system, following that I expect rods & the pistons to give up, and possibly even a necessary adjustment in the CR in the future.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

My co-worker has a stock 1994 SC300 with a 2JZ-GE. How much do you think it would cost to turn it into a 800 hp monster? ;D
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I think a bit more fictitious than an 800whp 67R N54. But yes, it's meant to be hyperbole to point out the hyperbole Click here to enlarge (Yo dawg)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    My co-worker has a stock 1994 SC300 with a 2JZ-GE. How much do you think it would cost to turn it into a 800 hp monster? ;D
    Not all that much really. They're extremely cheap to make power with. I see more GE swaps than GTE swaps these days.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

add N02 on top and it sure can.. but you run into the same 2 problems, block and fuel.. see how stupid your argument sounds now?

ahh, you are a man that thinks Click here to enlarge
    uhhh whose argument sounds stupid now?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You can't.
    exactly...

there's a difference between fictitious fantasy and fictitious reality. one has magic and dragons, the other does not

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

uhhh whose argument sounds stupid now?

exactly...

there's a difference between fictitious fantasy and fictitious reality. one has magic and dragons, the other does not
    you have no brain power. currently, its easier to get that "800" hp from td04 turbos+n20 than any other turbo options.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

you have no brain power. currently, its easier to get that "800" hp from td04 turbos+n20 than any other turbo options.
    That's a lot of nitrous. I've never heard of anyone doing this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    That's a lot of nitrous. I've never heard of anyone doing this.
    Nobody has it's not happening.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't really know if the information has been discussed or revealed, BUT, is it fair to speculate that the engine will need to be dropped to install the Stg 3 Kit? Yay or Nay my friends?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guru_method Click here to enlarge
    Don't really know if the information has been discussed or revealed, BUT, is it fair to speculate that the engine will need to be dropped to install the Stg 3 Kit? Yay or Nay my friends?
    No, it doesn't have to be dropped, not even the subframe, I watched a whole turbo install process (not Stage 3 but it doesn't matter). But like usual, you need to remove a lot of stuff: water pump, thermostat, cooling fan, intercooler, vacuum canisters, many heat shields, etc. etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    No, it doesn't have to be dropped, not even the subframe, I watched a whole turbo install process (not Stage 3 but it doesn't matter). But like usual, you need to remove a lot of stuff: water pump, thermostat, cooling fan, intercooler, vacuum canisters, many heat shields, etc. etc.
    I don't mean to correct you, but the subframe has to be dropped 110% to get stage 3 in, also we never suggest installing even stock or upgraded stock frame turbos with the subframe in place, its our opinion that you cannot properly access all the bolts, etc to get proper torque on them with it in place. We charge a flat rate for the install and always drop the Sub Frame to make sure its done right even though it takes extra time . Dropping it takes about half hour and putting it back up, an hour to hour and half depending how smoothly it goes. Well worth the extra time and pain over leaving it in place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I don't mean to correct you, but the subframe has to be dropped 110% to get stage 3 in, also we never suggest installing even stock or upgraded stock frame turbos with the subframe in place, its our opinion that you cannot properly access all the bolts, etc to get proper torque on them with it in place. We charge a flat rate for the install and always drop the Sub Frame to make sure its done right even though it takes extra time . Dropping it takes about half hour and putting it back up, an hour to hour and half depending how smoothly it goes. Well worth the extra time and pain over leaving it in place.
    Thanks for clarifying Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

So did Jake and josh arrive yesterday?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

From what i've been told everything is going really well with the car but the optical sensor on the dyno crapped out again.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Well that's unfortuneate...hopefully they can fix it or find another dyno that's open this weekend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Well that's unfortuneate...hopefully they can fix it or find another dyno that's open this weekend.

or road tuning..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

True, was hoping to see some record breaking dyno #s, and not dyno breaking records, haha.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast