Close

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Price is fine. Gotta pay to play. 9k after taxes and shipping for 800ish WHP really isn't that bad. Alot cheaper than getting an M3 to those power levels and cheaper than many other cars.

9k is like 1/3-1/4 the value of a N54 335 depending on the year and mileage to put it into perspective.
    Why are we comparing prices to what an M3 kit would cost. We can then compare 800ish to 1000ish supra kit(http://www.suprastore.com/qubowas3su2j.html) for a 1/3-3/8 of the price.

The kit should stand on its own. It cost what it cost because the cost of parts, time, labor, etc..
    335xi Sedan 6AT || Weather(45-60°F)
    -PROcede Rev. 2.5 ~ v5 (3/17 maps) / JB4 (8/21 maps) / COBB (Stg2+FMIC LT Agressive maps)
    †Procede Map2(UT 45 - IGN 40) Aggression Target 2.0 (93 Octane) || 0-60 in 4.0sec
    †Cobb E30 LT (35% Ethanol/65% 93 Octane) || 0-60 in 3.9sec
    AR Design Catless DP || BMS DCI + OCC || ETS 5 FMIC || Alpina B3 Trans Flash || 235/265 19" Michelin PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then again if you compare it to a supra turbo kit in price...
    A:Sdjflaskfjl;sfh;affal;fsl;fhadsl;fjl;fjaslfj;dlf jal;sfjkal;fjkal;sj;dsljk Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Obviously no one has gotten there yet and we don't know at what levels the engine will let go or what will let go 1st.
    So saying 800 is kind of... ummm... optimistic and paper racing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Yes.
    No kidding.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    No kidding.
    I'll be happy with 650 to the wheels with the GTX 2863s and E85/Meth. 600 93 pump would be nice too Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    The kit should stand on its own. It cost what it cost because the cost of parts, time, labor, etc..
    exactly! some retards seem to forget the history of N54 power. 1st we needed a turbo solution to make our fuel and tuning limits. RB turbos-check
    then we needed a tuning solution to maximize turbo and fuel demand- Cobb- check
    then we needed another turbo solution to max out tuning and fue demand a 2nd time- fftec- check (limited info)
    enter the VTT stg3's.. guess what, we are going to find out for sure the fuel system max again. I think we will find that before the OEM N54 power limits..

this is not considering a legit AT solution as well. hardware is good, but without reprogramming capability, its only a 50% solution.

given the above, and the fftec data, im still saying the current limit w/o meth as a fuel, is right about 600 hp, and the Shiv pushes that to 650 on meth. I expect no less from the VTT's as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    given the above, and the fftec data, im still saying the current limit w/o meth as a fuel, is right about 600 hp
    Spot on. HPFP needs to be addressed next.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

600whp would be plenty in this chassis....especially if it doesn't drop off up top and has the gobs of tq we have down low in the rpm band with the stockers. It would make a very quick car! Up until now the peak hp/tq may have been established but the potential power band and area under the curve that could be achieved with a legit twin turbo upgrade is a whole different story.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why are we comparing prices to what an M3 kit would cost. We can then compare 800ish to 1000ish supra kit(http://www.suprastore.com/qubowas3su2j.html) for a 1/3-3/8 of the price.

Agreed. It's something I wish would stop happening; it doesn't do anyone any good (there's already enough bickering) and it's pretty much two very different cars. It's like comparing an SC300 to a TT Supra. Same chassis, but there's a huge difference between the cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I'll be happy with 650 to the wheels with the GTX 2863s and E85/Meth. 600 93 pump would be nice too Click here to enlarge
    That's my goal on the 67Rs Click here to enlarge 600whp on 93. At that point, dealing with wheelspin is going to be a MUCH bigger issue than making more power. How in the F am I going to fit something bigger than a 275/285 in the rear? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    must have missed the "intro" price.

9k is what folks pay for a full kit on a NA car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The GTM TT 370z Stage 2 kit (comparable powerwise I think) is about $8500 or so. So pretty comparable. (the conditions of me getting the VTT Stage 3s were the GTM stage 2s in the future Click here to enlarge )
    Last edited by Sered; 03-29-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by neilvosko Click here to enlarge
    must have missed the "intro" price.

9k is what folks pay for a full kit on a NA car
    Would love to see a link to a complete twin turbo kit for an NA car that comes with two Garrett GTX turbos, for $8500-$9000. The price of the kit would nosedive if we went single or opted for cheaper less efficient turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Would love to see a link to a complete twin turbo kit for an NA car that comes with two Garrett GTX turbos, for $8500-$9000. The price of the kit would nosedive if we went single or opted for cheaper less efficient turbos.
    Even the kit that I spoke of for the 370z does not include GTX turbos. It is regular GT turbos. I still don't know why people keep underestimating costs here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Even the kit that I spoke of for the 370z does not include GTX turbos. It is regular GT turbos. I still don't know why people keep underestimating costs here.
    when u get from 300whp to 450whp with $1500-$2000 makes people spoiled to then spend $9000 for another 150+ whp. but some people understand it and some never will (poor souls).Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well this is on par with the single turbo upgrade from fftec in terms of price. If you want to do a turbo upgrade like these, it's a 10k upgrade.

There is a big difference for most people going from 6k to 10k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pits200 Click here to enlarge
    Well this is on par with the single turbo upgrade from fftec in terms of price. If you want to do a turbo upgrade like these, it's a 10k upgrade.

There is a big difference for most people going from 6k to 10k.
    Even setting aside the phenomenal performance gains that the VTT S3s offer, at an incredible price, the cherry on top is that you can run ANY tune with this turbo kit. That alone makes it a slam dunk over the FFTEC/Vishnu ST.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

5k optioned up still haha, it's had 15-20 years of development, this stuff is normal

stage 3's? groundbreaking.

optimistic.. yes.. feasible in SOME ways? yes too

the FFTEC/vishnu kit has hit mid 600's (650 i think?), there's no reason the slightly more efficient GTX28's can't do the same and even a little better:

so... feasible at least in the fact the turbos CAN make it... whether the fuel system can? well lets say 700 is safe ground with some race fuel and meth at current lack of modifications for it (again basing off what the vishnu kit makes)?

whether the block can take 800? eh.. we'll see? fact is the turbo setup itself should easily make it, it's just up to the rest to carry it through.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed. It's something I wish would stop happening; it doesn't do anyone any good (there's already enough bickering) and it's pretty much two very different cars. It's like comparing an SC300 to a TT Supra. Same chassis, but there's a huge difference between the cars.
    differences? well... you mean that one is a 1jz the other is a 2jz? similar wheelbase and tracks.. and the SC is a solid 650lb heavier due to a stack of luxoquipment. however, put a 2j (or 1.5j swap) (or a 1uz swap... or just buy the SC400 haha) in the SC, with a JZA80 diff and 6MT, strip out the options (air suspension if it has it with the SC400 etc.) and who cares? (well.. almost Click here to enlarge haha)

That's my goal on the 67Rs Click here to enlarge 600whp on 93. At that point, dealing with wheelspin is going to be a MUCH bigger issue than making more power. How in the F am I going to fit something bigger than a 275/285 in the rear? Click here to enlarge
    285 should be plenty?! haha.. otherwise.. $$$$$$$ on some custom guardwork, or just go some R-comp semis, KU36 or R888 or 595 RS-R... as long as you don't mind ~10-12.5kmi/set

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    differences? well... you mean that one is a 1jz the other is a 2jz? similar wheelbase and tracks.. and the SC is a solid 650lb heavier due to a stack of luxoquipment. however, put a 2j (or 1.5j swap) (or a 1uz swap... or just buy the SC400 haha) in the SC, with a JZA80 diff and 6MT, strip out the options (air suspension if it has it with the SC400 etc.) and who cares? (well.. almost Click here to enlarge haha)
    I know the differences and well aware of the options; I lived and breathed the SC300 world for quite a while. The SC is not 650lbs more (the new one would be a think, but that's a diff car altogether). My SC300 stock was about 3600lbs compared to a 3450lbs MKIV Supra. My point is people don't mod an SC300/400 to chase a TT supra (the top model with the same chassis). No one does a GE-T build and then says "Imma go race some Supras" or something like that.

I keep seeing people say "Imma go race some M3s" after they get a few boltons. (Like really? You're going to try and drag race a roadrace car so you can feel superior?). Go race something built with the same purpose in mind. You'll outrun an S2000 at the drag strip too, but you'll get owned in a roadrace.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    5k optioned up still haha, it's had 15-20 years of development, this stuff is normal

stage 3's? groundbreaking.

optimistic.. yes.. feasible in SOME ways? yes too

the FFTEC/vishnu kit has hit mid 600's (650 i think?), there's no reason the slightly more efficient GTX28's can't do the same and even a little better:

so... feasible at least in the fact the turbos CAN make it... whether the fuel system can? well lets say 700 is safe ground with some race fuel and meth at current lack of modifications for it (again basing off what the vishnu kit makes)?

whether the block can take 800? eh.. we'll see? fact is the turbo setup itself should easily make it, it's just up to the rest to carry it through.
    an RB turbo'd car CAN make 800 as well, doesnt mean anyone can or will hit it..so saying you getting that hp right now is pointless

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    an RB turbo'd car CAN make 800 as well, doesnt mean anyone can or will hit it..so saying you getting that hp right now is pointless
    that's a ridiculous comparison, how can you possibly get 800 on RB's? run a stupid shot of nos, raised compression, and spin the turbos til they blow?

so no, an RB turbo 'CAN'T' make 800hp in the sense we are talking, a twin GTX28 CAN, IN THEORY.

i don't think anyone said they're getting it right now, it's an aim, a possibility.. optimism.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know the differences and well aware of the options; I lived and breathed the SC300 world for quite a while. The SC is not 650lbs more (the new one would be a think, but that's a diff car altogether). My SC300 stock was about 3600lbs compared to a 3450lbs MKIV Supra. My point is people don't mod an SC300/400 to chase a TT supra (the top model with the same chassis). No one does a GE-T build and then says "Imma go race some Supras" or something like that.

I keep seeing people say "Imma go race some M3s" after they get a few boltons. (Like really? You're going to try and drag race a roadrace car so you can feel superior?). Go race something built with the same purpose in mind. You'll outrun an S2000 at the drag strip too, but you'll get owned in a roadrace.
    ah my mistake, i thought the SC's were more like 1700-1800kg, not 1600

i've seen plenty of forum builds of high power NA-T's... nothing like the ridiculous fully built 1000+ 2jzGTE's, but enough to chase your average supra yeah

oh you're talking about GE's, not GTE's? OH RIGHT. sorry, i forget the SC never came with the 1jzGTE like the soarer did.. we have a lot more soarers than SC's, many many of which have the 1jz.. though they tend to get re-badged with the 'L' lol.

the soarer, however, DID get up to 3800lb, which is where my numbers were coming from, miscommunication hah.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty sure they're talking about the turbos being capable of flowing the air. You will NOT make that much power on RBs unless you're running some stupid-high shot of nitrous (and even then it doesn't seem too feasible due to how restrictive the exhaust side is). I get what you're saying, it's just a poor comparison. Most here are saying 800hp or something based on the potential flow rates of the turbo; though some have run off with all sense of reality and are claiming the car will be capable of making that power no problem; where we really just don't know yet.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast