Close

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    How dare you voice your opinion on a public forum that preaches freedom of speech if your opinion differs from the groupies!
    Yes, some comments are just so dense towards others' opinions. Everyone should relax.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Doc Race FTMFW! This kit will be so sweeet Click here to enlarge can't wait!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    That would be nice. Alternatively people can easily cut the end of the DPs and make them larger themselves.
    depends if it's a taper like some DP's, or a hard flange or step near the end like others.. the latter being super easy, true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

You're just creating more noise with dual 3" all the way down...2.5" duals are perfectly sized

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Great choice going with Doc racing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    You're just creating more noise with dual 3" all the way down...2.5" duals are perfectly sized
    Aren't our HKS exhausts tapered to 2 - 2.25" (or whatever stock size is) where they meet the DPs?

I'm thinking of having an exhaust shop cut that section off and making it 2.5" all the way down.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    We tapered it to keep it compatible with 99% of the exhaust people are going to have out there. We have seen no issue with restriction at all. We will see at the higher power levels, but giving people the ability to run the exhaust already on their car saves them some money.
    However though are you planing on having a 3" to 3" DP option ? When we do this I cannot see myself staying with 3" to 2.5" it will have to be 3" to 3".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Dual 2.5 is fine up to 800rw+ IMHO. I run 520rw with a single 2.75". But, any muffler shop installing a 3" can cut off the 2.5" flange and weld up whatever they'd like.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Aren't our HKS exhausts tapered to 2 - 2.25" (or whatever stock size is) where they meet the DPs?

I'm thinking of having an exhaust shop cut that section off and making it 2.5" all the way down.
    They're the OEM size just at the DP/Midpipe flange, the rest of the exhaust opens up to 3". Honestly the most cost effective, sensible option would be muffler shop to build you a complete midpipe section w/ resonators & mate it to your rear section (or axe that & just do straight piping)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Up to how much?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Dual 2.5 is fine up to 800rw+ IMHO. I run 520rw with a single 2.75". But, any muffler shop installing a 3" can cut off the 2.5" flange and weld up whatever they'd like.
    N/m T answered

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

hah?

what Stage 2 TD04/TD035 controversy are you talking about?

anybody else have a clue?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Not everyone likes to buy a pig in a poke.

Yes, preliminary numbers are great. But please stay neutral. I think the Stage 2 TD04/TD035 controversy has shown that a LITTLE scepticism can't hurt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by neilvosko Click here to enlarge
    hah?

what Stage 2 TD04/TD035 controversy are you talking about?

anybody else have a clue?
    The only controversy is based on semantics of what defines custom and what defines turbine nomenclature. It's all pointless really, political forum drama. Just wait for beta results and final specs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    The only controversy is based on semantics of what defines custom and what defines turbine nomenclature. It's all pointless really, political forum drama. Just wait for beta results and final specs.
    +1000
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Such a shame this won't work for RHD! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

general rule of thumb puts dual 2.5" perfect up to around the 600hp mark doesn't it?.. stock merges to a single 3" at the end too correct?.. goign to twin 3" over twin 2.5" gives you 30% more flow (volume at least) post-dp's too. that's a lot of flow.

of course it all depends on the actual exhaust setup in the end...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    as above, rule of thumb calcs puts dual 3" up to a tiny bit over 800hp?

unless these engine's really don't have strict exhaust requirements past the DP's, or being turbo'd etc.. though any less backpressure always helps?

not saying either of you are wrong, but if i'm wrong, how the hell can you ever find out which exhaust size is appropriate? besides exact trial and error on your particular setup lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    here's my rant
    The problem is that the n54 has become so available and aftermarket bolt on parts are so readily available and cheap that anyone or his brother can afford one. So when a kit come out, whether it be Vargas/fftec or one you get built custom to your wants, the real life price hurts everyone's feelings who were used to getting dps for 200$ lol. I've said it before and said it again, go build a quality single or twin turbo kit yourself (and I mean quality) have it be functional and then see what you spend Click here to enlarge

i know my opinion doesn't mean much to tony as im not in the market as I'm doing my own thing. but fwiw Tony got me the head flanges at the drop of a hat when we needed them even though he knew he was helping a single build- so he's good in my book (thanks again)
    and for Rob, I talked To him a couple times on the phone with cash in hand months ago and when I told him about my thought of building the 6466, he didn't try to sway me and was supportive- so he's good in my book too. Too all the S3 guys- rock on and I'm just as excited as you guys to be pushing the platform forward! this is gonna be a big year
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

One question, primarily for Vargas but maybe for others too: can the OEM exhaust manifolds be used instead of custom-made exhaust manifolds, at least for the smaller turbo options ? I was thinking that the OEM turbos can be cut from the manifolds and a v-band flange can be welded and then the Garrett turbos attached.
    The OEM manifolds look better and they are double-walled, so a great quality and looks. And the more OEM parts, the better...or at least this is my way of thinking.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    Hold on there pal , my comparison was not stupid.

As a potential customer i have the right to demand what the finished product will look like before i will spend my money.
    So stay a potential or buy from someone else. Nobody is forcing you to buy a product before its in production. More then likely people agreeing to run with prototypes have an arrangement as to price considerations & parts replacement for any problem issues that crop up. Early adopters usually get a price reduction as an incentive.

Point is, no one in a mask has a gun to your head making you buy something you donít want except for the government. As far as my own personal experience with performance products its been that way going back to the 1960ís.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    One question, primarily for Vargas but maybe for others too: can the OEM exhaust manifolds be used instead of custom-made exhaust manifolds, at least for the smaller turbo options ? I was thinking that the OEM turbos can be cut from the manifolds and a v-band flange can be welded and then the Garrett turbos attached.
    The OEM manifolds look better and they are double-walled, so a great quality and looks. And the more OEM parts, the better...or at least this is my way of thinking.
    No. They are hydroformed, You could weld them, but they would be week and eventually crack. Also, they are hallow, three individual runners directing pressure and heat is better than the stock hollow turbofolds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    Using a new manifold that can flow more than the stockers is one reason, making the manifolds in a way to help the turbos fit is another, welding cast iron is widely regarding as being very tough and very hard to keep from cracking once welded. This is another.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 8 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by funkmobster is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    wow, the prices on the vargas web page are insane http://www.vargasturbo.com/n54products.html

are these the final prices?

e85 and stage 2 for me then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Not insane at all. 2x gt2871r are ~$2800....still cheaper than the Vishnu fftec single

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Great move using a reputable company like Doc Race to make the manifold. No sense in Vargas making the manifolds, they make turbos. Quality should be top notch. Divide and conquer.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast