Close

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    VTT VTX-R60 should do nicely for me. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    VTT VTX-R60 should do nicely for me. Click here to enlarge
    Makes that the 2860's for terry...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    So far we have:

For tuner kits:
    Dzenno of course getting the first kit after the OP of the test car VTX-R63
    Terry of BMS next so he can see what he can do with it. Not sure which size turbos T has decided on yet.
    Jake from PTF also wants a VTX-R60 kit

If any other tuners want a kit, IE GIAC, Renntech, etc. Let me know and I can work you guys out a great price.

Intro price orders
    #1 BMW335iguy VTR-28RS
    #2 Sered VTX-R63
    #3 and #4 are in contact with me and weighing their options, most likely will get them locked in tomorrow.

Not bad for the first day. Hopefully we get enough of these things going to where we can do a nice production run
    Looks good already Tony. Anyone that is in the market for these turbos would be out of their mind not to jump on this while the price is good. I'm certain this kit will perform well, and if your support is anything like your motivation to be innovative and prompt to market, I'm certain they will continue to perform well in the hands of customers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    So I'm #2 on the list, deposit made. GTX2863Rs. $#@! YEAH
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's the reasoning behind going with GTX2860R instead of the GTX2863R? The turbine side is the same afaik on these two and the compressor exducer is 3mm bigger on the 63R..

Given the same size turbine, I'm actually debating about stepping up to a GTX2867R..hmmm Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    What's the reasoning behind going with GTX2860R instead of the GTX2863R? The turbine side is the same afaik on these two and the compressor exducer is 3mm bigger on the 63R..

Given the same size turbine, I'm actually debating about stepping up to a GTX2867R..hmmm Click here to enlarge
    You can do it!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm contemplating it DZ. In your opinion, what power level would you have hit in prelim tuning with the 67R? And what's your opinion on the powerband shift? How far would it go to the right? Any major differences in response?

FWIW, my car will not visually change at all. I want to make the bay look pretty stock Click here to enlarge Little will anyone know this clean E92 is packing 700hp on pumpgas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HOLY CRAP that was fast. Congrats guys on getting in on the Stage 3s.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm contemplating it DZ. In your opinion, what power level would you have hit in prelim tuning with the 67R? And what's your opinion on the powerband shift? How far would it go to the right? Any major differences in response?

FWIW, my car will not visually change at all. I want to make the bay look pretty stock Click here to enlarge Little will anyone know this clean E92 is packing 700hp on pumpgas.

ahh you sneaky devil Click here to enlarge

Im sure as soon as they hear the spool they will get the point.. Than everyone within 500 miles will know >_<

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    ahh you sneaky devil Click here to enlarge

Im sure as soon as they hear the spool they will get the point.. Than everyone within 500 miles will know >_<
    Yeah I hear the GTX2863R and 67R both come with an anti-surge housing? Not 100% sure, but if that's the case, then yeah I might get the FAA chasing me because two of those wailing will sound like a jet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ohh boy! looks like I am bring the credit card out!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

The pricing is really good compared to other BMW platforms. Very well done Tony! And Thanks for bringing this madness to our platform.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Thats whats great about this kit. To the untrained eye. The engine bay looks damn near stock. Makes for a nice stealthy approach..Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Thats whats great about this kit. To the untrained eye. The engine bay looks damn near stock. Makes for a nice stealthy approach..Click here to enlarge
    That was definitely one of its major selling points, for me at least. I take pride in that my car keeps the flair away and keeps the clean and understated theme. My only worry is going to be having enough tire to handle that kind of torque (another reason to go for the 67R instead, I can't decide). My PSSs already give me grief in 2nd with a mild Cobb Stg 2 self-tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    to all who are buying this kit.lucky bastards !!! im going out of my mind. just had to pay 7200 in taxes last week just no way I could pull this off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I hear the GTX2863R and 67R both come with an anti-surge housing? Not 100% sure, but if that's the case, then yeah I might get the FAA chasing me because two of those wailing will sound like a jet.
    Unfortunately due to the space constraints we had to do away with the anti surge housings and use one of the smaller housing options Garrett offers with these turbos. Honestly the amount of options, housing wise you can get with these things, is pretty unbelievable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unfortunately due to the space constraints we had to do away with the anti surge housings and use one of the smaller housing options Garrett offers with these turbos. Honestly the amount of options, housing wise you can get with these things, is pretty unbelievable.
    Ah well, it'll be even more stealthy then. No worries for me, hah.

Between the 63R and 67R, what's a ballpark rpm powerband shift by your estimate? I'm sure you've mentioned it before, I just can't find it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hi all. So what's the best option for the AT? Given the torque and spool speed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are us At guys better off with stage 2? I thought terry posted that 500 hp or 500 tq is the limit for the stock car, e85 etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My PSSs already give me grief in 2nd with a mild Cobb Stg 2 self-tune.
    Sounds like you're due for some R-compound tires

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by neilvosko Click here to enlarge
    Are us At guys better off with stage 2? I thought terry posted that 500 hp or 500 tq is the limit for the stock car, e85 etc.
    As of right now, we know that the 6AT will hold up with Stage 2s (with their RB-like performance projection). If you want to be the guinea pig, 1st 6AT with Stage 3s go for it. BUT if you don't have the wallet to routinely repair the 6AT, I wouldn't pull the trigger on them yet.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Damn it, looks like I might have to wait till next year for this

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge

As of right now, we know that the 6AT will hold up with Stage 2s (with their RB-like performance projection). If you want to be the guinea pig, 1st 6AT with Stage 3s go for it. BUT if you don't have the wallet to routinely repair the 6AT, I wouldn't pull the trigger on them yet.

I'll do it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If the Stage 2 VTT or RBs were in that list, would they be in there as 500HP, 550HP or 600HP? Just wondering about the two bottom options, and how they would differ from a Stage 2 setup/RBs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Congrats on a successful prototype and initial offering Tony. This is what openness and transparency in testing/development gets you. When I kill my stock turbos (just a matter of time) I'll be a customer too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    If the Stage 2 VTT or RBs were in that list, would they be in there as 500HP, 550HP or 600HP? Just wondering about the two bottom options, and how they would differ from a Stage 2 setup/RBs.
    I would put them in the 500 Catagory. They differ because at 500 HP you are pretty much killing those turbos to make that power and need to throw meth at them to get them there as you cannot run boost flat because of the housing size. It requires a boost taper up top to curb the heat and back pressure. With these turbos. You can run 500-550 HP all day long on pump gas, with boost flat to redline and they will be happy to do so.

Tony

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast