Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No difference? So why are guys reporting it feels faster or shifts faster? Is it just smoother changes or the tranny reacting better?
    Placebo effect imo. Planning on some 60-130 pulls in E85/meth trim. Ill let everyone know if it is actually faster. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    You should try the 60-130 with FTW purple e85 to see if their are any performance gains as compared to the dyno. The road in Mexico your running is perfect for this since it has lots of slope up front to limit wheel spin then tapers off. Wedge thinks the FTW is going it have great track gains.
    Yeah I've thought about it. But if its runs 6s on FTW is that really a legit time? It's sort of like nitrous. I wish I had the FTW last time at the track when I was stuck at 11.1 though lol.

Hows your trans coming along? I'll need one sooner or later too. Just take to have the car apart for a month. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Terry I thought I read you had done some other stuff to your tranny's programming (or via the tune to aid the tranny) prior to the Alpina flash or is that not correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Correct, have changes on the dme side and trans side.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    so, is the end result of this just the fact that the tranny holds up better?
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Correct, have changes on the dme side and trans side.
    Sorry I lost the bubble on this, too many trans flash threads on too many boards.

Is the point of the test you just did to test YOUR trans code mods vs stock, or is the point to test Alpina flash on top of your trans code mods?

I guess I am not understanding what was done and what was expected. The only real change in times under identical test conditions would be at most 1/10th for a faster shift (if that) and maybe if timing was being flatlined before and then not after. And given that I'd expect zero improvement if you flashed Alpina on top of your mods.

What would be nice is a high TQ car with stock TCU that was flatlining vs Alpina only or same car stock TCU vs your TCU mods only.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I've thought about it. But if its runs 6s on FTW is that really a legit time? It's sort of like nitrous. I wish I had the FTW last time at the track when I was stuck at 11.1 though lol.

Hows your trans coming along? I'll need one sooner or later too. Just take to have the car apart for a month. Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to pick up FTW Purple soon. I can't wait to see what it does for me.

They also have this stuff called the Clear Terry which is even better... something to look into.

And yes, what it runs on FTW Purple is totally valid. It's just race gas. Uber awesome race gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Trans is back i picked it up yesterday from Yellow Freight, it was going back in the car today and has a 800 mile break in period so im gonna take a trip to bakersfeild to chaulk that up. I havent heard back yet if there are any issues with it being a 10/07 build trans and VB in a 07/06 build car with MSD81. So thats one of the big questions, and of course will it hold up to the hype. I will keep you posted.

PS valid point in the FTW but would be nice to know if it does bring gains on the track.

I guess i cant post again since im Neg still but thanks Terry for the Rep!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Repped for the update above. Would do it again but it won't let me. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Hey @Sticky, as much as everyone gives Prem $#@! all the time... Can you please rep him out of the hole so he can keep everyone posted as to what's going on with his trans upgrade...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Hey @Sticky , as much as everyone gives Prem $#@! all the time... Can you please rep him out of the hole so he can keep everyone posted as to what's going on with his trans upgrade...
    Who is Prem? That Sikh fellow?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who is Prem? That Sikh fellow?
    Yes, Sikh335. Much appreciated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Yes, Sikh335. Much appreciated.
    Someone already positive repped him, he's fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

So quick update the Trans is back in the car and it is ok with the new build Trans, so no issue there. Gotta put miles on it to break it in and test it. I will start a thread probably Monday or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12