Close

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 326
  1. #251
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    180
    Rep Points
    578.2
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    An additional fuel rail with injectors can be easily adapted to the bottom of this, Whenever I'm finished testing this, the final incarnation will be available with a number of different options or pairing thereof...fuel injectors,w/meth or nitrous oxide. Any pairing of the aforementioned is possible.
    As far as my intent on the fuel bit, It will be an entire subsystem. The only hurdle I currently face in that department (as previously mentioned in this thread) is an injector driver that meets my needs...then testing,testing...and more testing. One step at a time.... Click here to enlarge

    Really, until I get a single turbo car for development(or @uniter forces himself into single territory,which is inevitable lol), addressing the fuel aspect of this is a moot point. Yes, there is certainly room for it. I don't like to waste any time or resources on something that I can't test and verify to it's limits completely before releasing. That's why that pesky word "prototype" keeps popping up....Click here to enlarge
    Hi there, Single turbo guy here Click here to enlarge Not to far from you. Would be interested in a add on fuel injector system.

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    @aflatau system feels great. Looking for a BT cable to really push the timing. PM rick if you want to set up a time to check it out Click here to enlarge extra points if you can bring a BT cable.. Just sayin'
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  3. #253
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,948
    Rep Points
    2,880.1
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    @aflatau system feels great. Looking for a BT cable to really push the timing. PM rick if you want to set up a time to check it out Click here to enlarge extra points if you can bring a BT cable.. Just sayin'
    I rent my BT cable, just sayin'.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,527.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I rent my BT cable, just sayin'.
    I was about to say you should make that your status, but I see you've beat me to it.
    Eppur si muove.

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    @lulz_m3, but will you rent it for the low low cost of 0$?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  6. #256
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,948
    Rep Points
    2,880.1
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    @lulz_m3, but will you rent it for the low low cost of 0$?
    Only if you're local Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    654
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    Everything is Aquamist, the nozzles are check valve style, .4mm/90cc per cylinder.
    Aquamist makes a quality product!

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,797
    Rep Points
    2,565.5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26



    Yes Reputation No
    Thats a good 'low low price'.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,797
    Rep Points
    2,565.5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    When I step up to bat with a single Click here to enlarge

    * or if some other baller steps up for excellence.
    Step up.... Or you scurrrrd? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Step up.... Or you scurrrrd? Click here to enlarge
    True; need to sell my girlfriend into sex slavery first.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,797
    Rep Points
    2,565.5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26



    4 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    Also funny you should mention my member number...seeing as how I joined the month after YOU. And you're right, you did make a technical post, and it's for a $#@! idea. Also funny that you think no one gives a $#@! because it actually stirred up thought about other solutions and doing something that is far less of a backyard band aid and more of a legitimate fix. For instance, go ask Tony, Shiv, or Terry to build it and put it on their personal car and push the fueling beyond the stock DI system. Get back to me when they give you their answers.

    Since this is now relevant, I wanted to quote you. This is why you are a douchebag, go back to e90post. You were wrong just like I said you were, you dip$#@!. I couldn't remember why I thought you were a dummy who thinks he/she(heshe?) knows more than everyone else. Just $#@! and do nothing to help. Thanks to people like you, it took literally two years to get from this idea to a product.

    EDIT: Dumb$#@!.(Your lease is probably over and I'm likely wasting my time). Also, turn off your profanity filter so you can experience the full spectrum of my vocabulary, which no, I didn't need to copy and paste from the internet like yourself.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,310
    Rep Points
    1,439.4
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i need to spread more rep just so i can upvote that.

    hopefully the N54 community will one day learn from this? lol
    boop

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,797
    Rep Points
    2,565.5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i need to spread more rep just so i can upvote that.

    hopefully the N54 community will one day learn from this? lol
    Some people say I swear too much. I'm not convinced.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Savannah GA
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Points
    2,014.2
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Yes Reputation No
    I love the opening sentence to this thread and the date at which it was said
    Formerly 3000GT MR

    Have a single turbo and/or tired of burning up O2 sensors? Ask me about the new ADV retro kits!
    Please Email me at ChrisKinnovations@gmail.com in lieu of PM's for fastest response on any topics.

    Click here to enlarge
    335i
    E92 2010
    Mods: VM 6466 top mount, VRSF IC, twin disk, and lots more!
    335i VFF900 E90 2009 RIP

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Points
    2,228.1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wait...did this thread get revived because some guy has his pants in a wad about his idea of TB injection getting shat on 2+ years ago? IMO TB injection is a bad idea and absolutely pointless when we have a PFI solution...

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Fort Mac, AB
    Posts
    1,405
    Rep Points
    771.1
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Since this is now relevant, I wanted to quote you. This is why you are a douchebag, go back to e90post. You were wrong just like I said you were, you dip$#@!. I couldn't remember why I thought you were a dummy who thinks he/she(heshe?) knows more than everyone else. Just $#@! and do nothing to help. Thanks to people like you, it took literally two years to get from this idea to a product.

    EDIT: Dumb$#@!.(Your lease is probably over and I'm likely wasting my time). Also, turn off your profanity filter so you can experience the full spectrum of my vocabulary, which no, I didn't need to copy and paste from the internet like yourself.
    Personally I think the people that cheap out and use that throttle body spacer to fuel like they use meth now will have some burnt cylinders just like others. I don't see a reason not to use PI on this motor. But I see no benifet from using a TB injection system other than cheap way to run full e85 on a stock turbo car.
    07 335XI(A008006) 6AT ~105K miles JB4 G5 ISO VSRF DP's
    09 135I(VK80379) 6MT. Race Project car.
    1) Install Modified Motiv 600 Kit[HTA3076R w/ tial .82] 2) Moton 4 suspension. 3) Build high flow intake manifold with multi-port fuel and relocate OFH 4) Build full cage possible rear diff upgrade 5) Complete staged twin setup with HTA4205R [w/Tial 1.16] 6) Complete dry sump system 7) Sequential maybe

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,650
    Rep Points
    2,703.1
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ingeniator Click here to enlarge
    Personally I think the people that cheap out and use that throttle body spacer to fuel like they use meth now will have some burnt cylinders just like others. I don't see a reason not to use PI on this motor. But I see no benifet from using a TB injection system other than cheap way to run full e85 on a stock turbo car.
    That seems to be the end-goal for most people in the N54 game at this point. Stock turbos, find as much fuel and octane as is possible, and spin the piss out of 'em.

    Not saying it's smart, helpful for the platform, or anything like that...But it's where we appear to be at.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,310
    Rep Points
    1,439.4
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    That seems to be the end-goal for most people in the N54 game at this point. Stock turbos, find as much fuel and octane as is possible, and spin the piss out of 'em.

    Not saying it's smart, helpful for the platform, or anything like that...But it's where we appear to be at.
    modifying cars at all isn't smart... sometimes it's just the challenge

    trying to spin a pair of what is basically the smallest turbo you can buy, to somehow make 700whp... I dunno, it's pretty cool, even if it's not 'smart'

    fuelling it a lazy/cheap/not super safe way i guess is part of that? haha
    boop

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Points
    2,228.1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    The more I think about it, the more I support stupid people doing stupid things to these cars. Why? The more rare they get, the less money I'll lose if I sell it someday down the road.

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,540
    Rep Points
    1,746.0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Convert Click here to enlarge
    The more I think about it, the more I support stupid people doing stupid things to these cars. Why? The more rare they get, the less money I'll lose if I sell it someday down the road.
    It's going to take ALOT of stupid people to make these cars rare Click here to enlarge Bang for your buck you can't be them.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

    Got Boost?

    Click here to enlarge

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Points
    2,228.1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    It's going to take ALOT of stupid people to make these cars rare Click here to enlarge Bang for your buck you can't be them.
    e90post keeps helping my resale though! lol

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,797
    Rep Points
    2,565.5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Convert Click here to enlarge
    Wait...did this thread get revived because some guy has his pants in a wad about his idea of TB injection getting shat on 2+ years ago? IMO TB injection is a bad idea and absolutely pointless when we have a PFI solution...
    This thread got revived because it was relevant. Did you not read the first post I made? Comprehension. I happened to read through some of the posts and found someone bagging an idea simply because it wasn't up to their righteous standards, therefore it wasn't good enough. Go drizzle methanol down your chargepipe and pretend you are better than Port Injection. The truth is, you don't know how good or bad the distribution is, and a clogged injector at the TB is universal across both banks. I'd rather have that happen than a single PI fallout with one single cylinder run incredibly lean. People used to think suplemental direct PI was a joke, until it made numbers. People will think the same way about this, until they find a way for it to allow anyone to run full e85 on any stock frame. There just isn't a good reason in my mind to make a 4-5k turbo upgrade require an EMS when MOST PEOPLE are just trying to run stock frames. Now, since you're obviously the upper 1% with a big single(Right?) and you are pushing 800+rwhp(Seriously, are you?) then I can see your point in TBI being pointless, because at those power levels, likely it is(for now). But otherwise, until you've got a better solution besides spend more money, perhaps you should just not say anything, its not productive, just more complaining. This thread wouldn't be on this tirade if people like you would just stfu and say, "Prove it". I'm a prove it kind of person. How about you, just negative much?

    EDIT: Also, go back to e90post. I know you are from there. You can't handle it here, its way too toxic, and its toxic because so many uppity douchebags like you come here.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,447
    Rep Points
    32,147.3
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    and its toxic because so many uppity douchebags like you come here.
    Plus there's me.

    But um this is generally a friendly and informal atmosphere. I don't think we have many uppity douchebags if any at all.

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Fort Mac, AB
    Posts
    1,405
    Rep Points
    771.1
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    This thread got revived because it was relevant. Did you not read the first post I made? Comprehension. I happened to read through some of the posts and found someone bagging an idea simply because it wasn't up to their righteous standards, therefore it wasn't good enough. Go drizzle methanol down your chargepipe and pretend you are better than Port Injection. The truth is, you don't know how good or bad the distribution is, and a clogged injector at the TB is universal across both banks. I'd rather have that happen than a single PI fallout with one single cylinder run incredibly lean. People used to think suplemental direct PI was a joke, until it made numbers. People will think the same way about this, until they find a way for it to allow anyone to run full e85 on any stock frame. There just isn't a good reason in my mind to make a 4-5k turbo upgrade require an EMS when MOST PEOPLE are just trying to run stock frames. Now, since you're obviously the upper 1% with a big single(Right?) and you are pushing 800+rwhp(Seriously, are you?) then I can see your point in TBI being pointless, because at those power levels, likely it is(for now). But otherwise, until you've got a better solution besides spend more money, perhaps you should just not say anything, its not productive, just more complaining. This thread wouldn't be on this tirade if people like you would just stfu and say, "Prove it". I'm a prove it kind of person. How about you, just negative much?

    EDIT: Also, go back to e90post. I know you are from there. You can't handle it here, its way too toxic, and its toxic because so many uppity douchebags like you come here.
    Well I will not run either without per cylinder EGT but that is just me...

    Just because this band aid is better than the meth bandaid doesn't mean it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Personally I think I'm going to put the EMS-4 on my sled and buy a ECU that can run the port injection as sequential fire.
    07 335XI(A008006) 6AT ~105K miles JB4 G5 ISO VSRF DP's
    09 135I(VK80379) 6MT. Race Project car.
    1) Install Modified Motiv 600 Kit[HTA3076R w/ tial .82] 2) Moton 4 suspension. 3) Build high flow intake manifold with multi-port fuel and relocate OFH 4) Build full cage possible rear diff upgrade 5) Complete staged twin setup with HTA4205R [w/Tial 1.16] 6) Complete dry sump system 7) Sequential maybe

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Points
    2,228.1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    This thread got revived because it was relevant. Did you not read the first post I made? Comprehension. I happened to read through some of the posts and found someone bagging an idea simply because it wasn't up to their righteous standards, therefore it wasn't good enough. Go drizzle methanol down your chargepipe and pretend you are better than Port Injection. The truth is, you don't know how good or bad the distribution is, and a clogged injector at the TB is universal across both banks. I'd rather have that happen than a single PI fallout with one single cylinder run incredibly lean. People used to think suplemental direct PI was a joke, until it made numbers. People will think the same way about this, until they find a way for it to allow anyone to run full e85 on any stock frame. There just isn't a good reason in my mind to make a 4-5k turbo upgrade require an EMS when MOST PEOPLE are just trying to run stock frames. Now, since you're obviously the upper 1% with a big single(Right?) and you are pushing 800+rwhp(Seriously, are you?) then I can see your point in TBI being pointless, because at those power levels, likely it is(for now). But otherwise, until you've got a better solution besides spend more money, perhaps you should just not say anything, its not productive, just more complaining. This thread wouldn't be on this tirade if people like you would just stfu and say, "Prove it". I'm a prove it kind of person. How about you, just negative much?

    EDIT: Also, go back to e90post. I know you are from there. You can't handle it here, its way too toxic, and its toxic because so many uppity douchebags like you come here.
    Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ...did I mention bahahahahahahaha? Seeing as how you clearly don't know what's done to my car, I'll just let you stay ignorant.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •