Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i wouldnt believe any of that crap. I have yet to see any of these "400+" hp cars go faster than the 380-390 rwhp cars
    What you said makes absolutely no sense at all.

You believe the cars with less power are just as fast as the cars that make more power. Dyno's lie, ok I get it, applause.
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge

You believe the cars with less power are just as fast as the cars that make more power. Dyno's lie, ok I get it, applause.
    basically, yes. I keep seeing the same 2-3 shop dyno's popping up, and yet none of the 400-420hp car are faster than the 380 hp cars performance #'s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

basically, yes. I keep seeing the same 2-3 shop dyno's popping up, and yet none of the 400-420hp car are faster than the 380 hp cars performance #'s

We are talking about stock cars here. Whether the correction factor is higher on a modified car at one shop or another is something we don't know. Some shops do use that to their advantage, but there are several shops more reputable than EAS even that have seen M3's over 390whp..

Here's an 08' with exhaust at EAS

345whp. Just this video negates your "dyno's lie" theory. It's the same dyno several late model cars are making more power on stock and more power on modified.

What is known, by people who actually custom tune these cars is there's either a wide dyno variance or more likely, a spread in engine output.
    We've seen this with S52's and S54's. Some S52's put down 205whp, other makes 230whp. Some do 245whp with cams, others do 250whp without cams. It makes people upset, but one cannot compare a car that's been custom tuned and OTS tuned as well, which is partially why the spread on some of the video's online is so large.

Arguing that one car on the same dyno is just as fast at the drag strip to a car with less power is just to many red-flags to even argue. What was the temperature? DA? same dyno? same tuner? who drove them? What were the tires? What wheels? What options?
    An 08 with 340whp is not going to yield the same results as an 11' with 360whp on the same dyno given constants for testing conditions. Period.
    Last edited by onurleft; 03-20-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

not sure how that negates anything...
    there have been no better 1/4 mile or 60-130 times with all the new "400+" hp FBO cars over the 380hp FBO dyno'd cars of 1-3 years ago. only variance is the dyno's used. same motors, same mods as usual: filter, catless and tuning. latest OEM tuning Vs aftermarket

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

The car that also holds the record has never even been close matched by any other M3 with similar mods. Faster even then a stroker and two blown E39 M5's..

You are arguing for something with to many variables.

The fact is and my argument is, late model cars have been making more power stock. This is a trend depending on whether or not your software is older than 213E (60E, 80E etc.)

From Evolve

"Many many evolve-R customers have had this update and every time I am asked if the power will be increased my response is the same. Apparently it does but we have not seen enough evidence to say it's definite"

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

The car that also holds the record has never even been close matched by any other M3 with similar mods. Faster even then a stroker and two blown E39 M5's..

You are arguing for something with to many variables.

The fact is and my argument is, late model cars have been making more power stock. This is a trend depending on whether or not your software is older than 213E (60E, 80E etc.)

From Evolve

"Many many evolve-R customers have had this update and every time I am asked if the power will be increased my response is the same. Apparently it does but we have not seen enough evidence to say it's definite"

not understanding your statements here... now you say that car is the worlds fastest and times have never been matched, but that the new tuning will but wont make more power?
    what variables? the only variables are if something was done and they didnt speak about it-highly likely given the owner- but regardless as few other mods are available.
    I think you are proving my point, 380-420 are doing the same numbers, even though a 40hp swing should not even be close..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

not understanding your statements here... now you say that car is the worlds fastest and times have never been matched, but that the new tuning will but wont make more power?
    what variables? the only variables are if something was done and they didnt speak about it-highly likely given the owner- but regardless as few other mods are available.
    I think you are proving my point, 380-420 are doing the same numbers, even though a 40hp swing should not even be close..
    I am sure both of you know this but you cannot compare two different dyno sheets. You really shouldn't compare two different ET's or trap speeds on runs at different tracks either; although the latter is a much more accurate assessment. Realistically, ET and trap speeds should be the only indicative numbers relavent to determining whether or not the update makes more power. Problem is, not many people drag race their M3's.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

dude you're sick you have a problem lol
    do you get a new car every 6 months?
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inter1032 Click here to enlarge
    dude you're sick you have a problem lol
    do you get a new car every 6 months?
    Almost Got this one around may. Usually a year give or take. I have a problem. ;(
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Went and checked out the car today. Perfect. Final stages of paperwork and will be picking it up this week. Ordered camber plates, BMW performance steering wheel, EAS paddles, apex wheels and track tires. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Cool matte white car at pacific. Asking way too much. Around 84k
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Good luck with the new car. I wish I could buy a new car every year. I have the same problem you have but with no $$$$$. LOL!!!
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Damn dude congrats!!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    I thought my car would pull more than it did. Maybe just the torque that feels that way.
    It does. Same reason C63 owners and N54 owners act like their cars are soooo much faster.

Glad to see the difference the DCT makes against the Boss though as the manual M3 and 5.0 are pretty much neck and neck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Done. Sticky can kill me later. Dyno included, along with various results.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...date-nets-20HP!!
    This was disproved by others though. EAS posted that and then peddled the OEM flash. I believe it's a money grab more than anything else.

Do you really think BMW gave the M3 some huge bump?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

1.Miss having a little luxury
    2. I enjoy drifting/getting the car a bit sideways and in the boss due to the live rear axle and softly sprung rear(which is for grip) it doesn't work well. It snaps the other way quite often. But the car handles extremely well besides that. Drove a couple M3s on the track yesterday and did some awesome drifts quite easily. I have a bit more fun/playful in it. My car I'm always just goin for lap times.
    Interesting the M3 got you back. Even though Ford makes the live rear axle work well it still is a live rear axle at the end of the day, eh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I am a little surprised about the results. I expeted to you walk the m3 pretty good
    Of course you would you live in a fantasy land where dct's don't shift faster than manuals.

You sure you are banging those gears the right way? Cause you should have a 115-116 trap car without much effort.
    Ya on some negative DA East Coast track that doesn't apply here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Don't take this the wrong way but just becuase you race manuals on the track doesnt mean you can shift fast lol. In my bone stock 3.31 car I was chirping the 3-4 going down the strip, ask lostmarine or ultimate, they both witnessed it many times. Last time I raced Lostmarine I put a hurtin on him pretty bad and at the time I was only trapping 116, now im up to 121 with the addition of your boss manifold lol and I simply can't imagine any typical bolt on m3 giving me a decent run.

Did you ever take your Boss to the strip or even do some standard vbox runs to see if she running up to par? Like I said you should be trapping 115-116 and I just can't see a stock m3 keeping up with you.
    Ya dude takes his car to the track, has had an M3, GT3, Boss, and clearly can't drive because the results aren't what you want them to be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

It isn't all just power. There are a multitude of factors. The M3 has a strong top end...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    I am sure both of you know this but you cannot compare two different dyno sheets. You really shouldn't compare two different ET's or trap speeds on runs at different tracks either;
    Some freaking logic, finally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Interesting the M3 got you back. Even though Ford makes the live rear axle work well it still is a live rear axle at the end of the day, eh?
    Because of the life rear axle the car has a soft set rear (lower spring rates in rear) which makes it squat on exit. It actually exits turns better than the M but its very hard to drift. It tends to snap once straightening out after I then hopped in a couple m3's laid down some pretty good lap times and could do some pretty solid drifts which I want to get better at. I missed having the luxury amenities as well.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Because of the life rear axle the car has a soft set rear (lower spring rates in rear) which makes it squat on exit. It actually exits turns better than the M but its very hard to drift. It tends to snap once straightening out after I then hopped in a couple m3's laid down some pretty good lap times and could do some pretty solid drifts which I want to get better at. I missed having the luxury amenities as well.
    Makes sense to me. Surprised you say it exits turns better though, feel like that is more of a tire compound thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Makes sense to me. Surprised you say it exits turns better though, feel like that is more of a tire compound thing.
    Boss 302 has been known to handle very, very well. I think they did a comparison actually with the two.

http://www.bosstrackattack.com/news/...guna-seca.html

Lap times in the end of the video to compare to m3.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Boss 302 has been known to handle very, very well. I think they did a comparison actually with the two.

http://www.bosstrackattack.com/news/...guna-seca.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxEhnugwzCc

Lap times in the end of the video to compare to m3.
    It does handle well but it also comes with track tires.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

It does handle well but it also comes with track tires.
    Doesn't the m3 come with ps2?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't the m3 come with ps2?
    Doesn't compare to the P-Zero. On equal rubber... well, the M3 is a better balanced and more tossable car.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast