Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 103
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,002
    Rep Points
    8,952.0
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    T pretty sure BMW still serves you a green wheenie in the LSD department with the iS.
    Wow they don't even get an LSD for that extra money? Maybe I was thinking of the 1M. No offense to 335is owners as overall it's a great car, but I still can't believe what BMW charges for it in comparison to what the pre 2011 335s went for.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    893
    Rep Points
    440.2
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    T pretty sure BMW still serves you a green wheenie in the LSD department with the iS.

    But very true in dct department. Look at m3s desparity in times. I beat a e92 m3 time and time again in my 6 spd manual 370z that went 12.8-9 at 109-110 from any roll speed or dig ran a dct m3 who beat me pretty good than again some cars are stronger then others but that tranny is HUGE factor in your times.

    Its sadly pathetic how many poor stick n54 owners there are tho. BC my red 135 and my buddies blue 135 both manual walked every single n54 in auto that had been thrown mine and still to date dons way. It would be more impressive if a guy came in here saying he cut 1.65 with a 6m then a car that shifts in milliseconds and has launch control doing good BC it shifts good. Where are the ex fox body heads that know how to drive ? They don't buy n54s?
    <=====ex fox body driver Click here to enlarge Haven't hit the track fully modded, but plan to this spring/summer.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.C. U.S.A
    Posts
    279
    Rep Points
    750.7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Wow they don't even get an LSD for that extra money? Maybe I was thinking of the 1M. No offense to 335is owners as overall it's a great car, but I still can't believe what BMW charges for it in comparison to what the pre 2011 335s went for.
    Depends which end of the scale you are buying the 335i from. If both are optioned out the same there is pretty much no real spread in price but the IS does have a few nice things included in it that are not available on the 335i or are dealer installed + labor. If its a best buy for the money with a low optioned car its hard to beat the 335i.

    That being said if I was a bit pressed for the money I would get an optioned up 135 before a base 335i
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    18
    Rep Points
    16.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It is the fastest 335is tune only car. Nothing a few mods can't fix to make it a deep 11 car and clean those logs up. Why is there so much hate towards his tune?
    JB4 G5 ISO+BMS DCI+VRSF DPs

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.C. U.S.A
    Posts
    279
    Rep Points
    750.7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I don't see any hate just a statement of fact by some that 135/335's have been in the 11's for a long time. Think the big news is doing it on a tune only with stock RFT's which I believe everybody thinks is very, very good.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    904
    Rep Points
    785.6
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    ....I really just don't really get your angle on it all personally.
    Your not suppose to.... but thanks anyhow for your replies, they were most beneficial

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    I thought buraq went with renntech instead of Cobb because apparantly they would be able to modify the launch control. Did that ever happen?
    There was an attempt but then abandoned due to the expense involved. I decided to try their tune, it was trouble free, and stuck with it. I always hated riding the same wagon as others, no fun or sport in that for me

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I don't know what you run other than the one partial log posted and with all due respect don't really care much. I'm only bringing it up now to help you understand what is going on with your own car.

    I've drawn a line where 16psi is in this log. Would you say you are above this line, on average, or below? I've also drawn a line indicating where your timing advance is approx 11 degrees. Would you consider this tune a pump gas tune, or a race gas tune?

    Also have you noticed you are not cutting torque much during your DCT shifts? Your thoughts as to the long term impact on that expensive DCT tranmission?

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c1d13638-1.jpg

    With regard to Matt's tuning, that you say is running 21+psi. Are you familiar with the differences between pre-throttle body and post-throttle body boost reading? He's running JB4 G5 ISO Map 7 along with a BMS backend flash that is meant for a 50% E85 fuel mixture. Here are the by RPM boost targets for reference:
    The above log you quoted was done in colder weather at 76 which bumps boost up a bit more based on the fuel being used

    The following was a random log which was done in Jan 2013 in 83+ in the humid inferno of south Florida on regular 93 octane. This is the same log @lul_m3 made reference to in previous posts that was orignally posted on e90

    Click here to enlarge

    Whats in my sig is exactly what you see in the log above 15-16 psi. Speculating that the RENNtech tune is a race gas tune only is misleading and you have no idea whats going on with this tune and how it is being mapped. One thing for sure without doubt it is much more smoother, and consistent than your tweaked hybrid JB4 335is map

    When I want to race and get more aggressive on boost and timing for "track" all I have to do is up the octane. When not "in need" I just go back to 93, I dont throw any limp modes, or misfires. 36k miles and still on orginal spark plugs also.

    As for my DCT, like they say you got to pay to play. When that time comes it would be something most expected and can easily replace

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    904
    Rep Points
    785.6
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by treadlol Click here to enlarge
    It is the fastest 335is tune only car. Nothing a few mods can't fix to make it a deep 11 car and clean those logs up. Why is there so much hate towards his tune?
    ...and I will be waiting for him, and I still got much more head room than he does. There isnt hate its simply Terry dont give a rats azz what happens to that car. Would you run you car like this on nothing but stock ?

    Click here to enlarge

    Hes going to have to bring more than kindom come to beat my ET time in "street trim" on stock turbos No DRs, No Meth, No Weight Reduction (as to the car) and have consistency to back it up.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,002
    Rep Points
    8,952.0
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    ...and I will be waiting for him, and I still got much more head room than he does. There isnt hate its simply Terry dont give a rats azz what happens to that car. Would you run you car like this on nothing but stock ?

    Hes going to have to bring more than kindom come to beat my ET time in "street trim" on stock turbos No DRs, No Meth, No Weight Reduction (as to the car) and have consistency to back it up.
    The only comments I made on your tuning was from the posted log which I assumed was from when you ran the 11.7 or whatever it was. Was this not a log from that run? If not, can you post that log? Logs from other runs are not really relevant to the conversation.

    Whether you want to accept it or not the boost and timing levels you are running there are indicative of a race gas map. If you have some 1/4 mile run logs on 93 octane I'd be happy to check those out for you also. With tuning there is not much else going on other than boost, timing, throttle, and fuel. We all make the usual VANOS tweaks once we're able to flash but they don't account for much. FWIW the only reason Matt has the flash was for E85 compatibility. It's not needed for race gas tuning like what you run.

    Regarding your "record" street trim, I watched your video for the first time a moment ago and didn't even see a video of an 11.7 run. I did see lot's of 11.8, 11.9, 12.0, etc. That is what you're bragging about re: consistency? And you're running Nitto 555 tires according to the video. Those are not factory runflats. They are not much different from the 555R tires I drag race on except that mine are a little softer compound.

    Regarding Matt's 335is I think it's maxed out until he adds more mods. I know he is planning on downpipes soon. And if he plans to stick with race gas mix instead of E85 mix we'll have a few other changes for him as well that should speed it up a bit. I'd like to see him run at least 120mph on a race gas or E85 mix with downpipes full weight. On the tuning he ran 11.9@118 if he is going to stick with race gas rather than E85 I'm going to suggest he run a different flash meant more for race gas. The main difference is with the air/fuel ratios. That alone might add another 1/2 mph.

    Also FWIW I did a dyno test today with a local 335is who is running JB4 (no flash), E40, DCI, and downpipes. Did a nice 425whp & 500wtq fighting tire spin on the dyno. Do you have dynojet numbers on yours?
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-20-2013 at 09:09 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    904
    Rep Points
    785.6
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The only comments I made on your tuning was from the posted log which I assumed was from when you ran the 11.7 or whatever it was. Was this not a log from that run? If not, can you post that log? Logs from other runs are not really relevant to the conversation.

    ...but at the same time you carried on with conjecture about the tune....the log, in warmer temps, posted in the OP was an example behind the scenes of the RENNtech tune done three days after doing consecutive 11.7 ET at PBIR. The OP was a suppliment to the orginal post http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ENNtech-Tuning

    Unfortunately I was not able to capture an actual log on those runs

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Whether you want to accept it or not the boost and timing levels you are running there are indicative of a race gas map. If you have some 1/4 mile run logs on 93 octane I'd be happy to check those out for you also. With tuning there is not much else going on other than boost, timing, throttle, and fuel. We all make the usual VANOS tweaks once we're able to flash but they don't account for much. FWIW the only reason Matt has the flash was for E85 compatibility. It's not needed for race gas tuning like what you run.
    I can run 93 octane on the same tune and its perfectly healthy, with no misfire or limp modes due to octane limitations.


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Regarding your "record" street trim, I watched your video for the first time a moment ago and didn't even see a video of an 11.7 run. I did see lot's of 11.8, 11.9, 12.0, etc. That is what you're bragging about re: consistency? And you're running Nitto 555 tires according to the video. Those are not factory runflats. They are not much different from the 555R tires I drag race on except that mine are a little softer compound.
    http://youtu.be/xWMZfLr3o5Q?t=2m24s

    Click here to enlarge



    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Also FWIW I did a dyno test today with a local 335is who is running JB4 (no flash), E40, DCI, and downpipes. Did a nice 425whp & 500wtq fighting tire spin on the dyno. Do you have dynojet numbers on yours?
    Beautiful, and thanks for confirming our DCT can in fact hold 500 wtq if it was a DCT.

    No dynojet, but mustang dyno. The following was pre cP-e HighFlow Catted DP install

    Click here to enlarge
    384 Whp and 429 wtq
    Last edited by BuraQ; 03-20-2013 at 10:11 PM.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,002
    Rep Points
    8,952.0
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ
    I can run 93 octane on the same tune and its perfectly healthy, with no misfire or limp modes due to octane limitations.
    There would be no real outward conditions or codes if the car was not happy with the tuning / octane. But a log would indicate as much. Choosing not to log your car while running aggressive tuning (or tuning capable of monitoring data and changing itself on the fly as the JB4 can) is analogous to sticking your head in the sand and hoping for the best. Click here to enlarge Now logging can be easy to do or hard to do depending on the tuning product you are using. With the JB4 it happens to be extremely simple. Two clicks and it spits out a preformatted chart ready to study. Using a flash tune like yours that requires the BT is a major headache to log and chart. But that is just one of the many trade offs with going that route. Cobb would be a bit easier for you to log / chart.

    The dyno yesterday was a 335is manual transmission car. When you can throw your car on a dynojet and see where it stands. Based on the log and your trap speeds I'd guess right around 410whp.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Points
    2,149.8
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I always hated riding the same wagon as others, no fun or sport in that for me
    But everyone else's wagon is faster! You should really give COBB a try and see what happens. ;D
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,936
    Rep Points
    2,858.8
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @BuraQ , im willing to bet your timing corrections are going wild when you switch to straight 93 octane and get the car nice and warm. An N54 that performs stronger on higher octane is a sign that the timing targets are too aggressive. The only thing saving you from detonation is the magical DME itself, and its ability to pull 3.3* timing in a split second.


    You have an overly aggressive tune sir, whether you are going to admit that or not is a different story.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    904
    Rep Points
    785.6
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    ...There would be no real outward conditions or codes if the car was not happy with the tuning / octane. But a log would indicate as much. Choosing not to log your car while running aggressive tuning (or tuning capable of monitoring data and changing itself on the fly as the JB4 can) is analogous to sticking your head in the sand and hoping for the best....
    I have grown so accustom to hearing misfire and limp modes issues become sysnanomous with the JB4 and yet the pros of the JB4 being able to log did not help in anyway from the inevitable.

    You make it sound like I dont run logs. I have logged my car countless of times on 93, 96, 97, 98 and 100 octanes, and have even shared them with our South Florida Community whom are majority JB4 users or experienced former users

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    ...Now logging can be easy to do or hard to do depending on the tuning product you are using. With the JB4 it happens to be extremely simple. Two clicks and it spits out a preformatted chart ready to study. Using a flash tune like yours that requires the BT is a major headache to log and chart. But that is just one of the many trade offs with going that route. Cobb would be a bit easier for you to log / chart.
    They all have their pros and cons. I do agree about using the Cobb App for logging would be much easier of less clicks vs a windows Tablet or 7" laptop with the BT Tool

    Now to another question of interest, due you have a flash via Cobb app to up the bar pressure for the mechatronic on the 335is DCT ?

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    You have an overly aggressive tune sir, whether you are going to admit that or not is a different story.
    +1, it sounds like the DME is bailing this RENNtech tune out from running an over-aggressive setup by reducing timing/preventing multi-cylinder knock. I can understand how the DME achieves the boost/timing/VANOS target with proper octane, and running higher octane eliminates potential for knock (ex: 93 octane tune, running 100 octane will have flawless logs), but I have never heard of the DME automatically increasing boost/timing/VANOS targets because it senses higher octane than what the tune was set for:

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    The above log you quoted was done in colder weather at 76 which bumps boost up a bit more based on the fuel being used
    If this is how the DME performed, there would be no reason for COBB to release their Race Gas Maps because the DME would automatically compensate, adjust & run a higher performance setting (raised boost, more aggressive timing & VANOS profile, etc) for higher than normal pump gas (anything above 93).

    Making full circle -- It sounds like a tune that was designed to run on 95 octane works completely fine on 96 octane (or higher), while on 93 the DME is saving the motor.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,002
    Rep Points
    8,952.0
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    Reputation: Yes | No
    There are over 16,000 JB4s out in use and I spend most of my day handling tech support with them. I'm not aware of any check engine light or limp mode problems related to the JB4. I've never seen a check engine light that didn't have a direct and easy to resolve cause. If you come across anyone who does have a check engine light, they should read the codes (the JB4 outputs them in dash), and search them on google or email us for advice on how to resolve it.

    On the BMS flash yes as of a couple months ago we added logic to boost the transmission line pressure. This applies to the steptronic and DCT. It was badly needed for the DCT flash and reports from the field are its boosted the usable torque range greatly with it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    904
    Rep Points
    785.6
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    But everyone else's wagon is faster! You should really give COBB a try and see what happens. ;D
    According to what, 1/4 speed traps ? It is best to be quicker in a 1/4 mile @ 116-117mph as the faster 120 trapping car will have to play catch up but then it will be too late cause by time it comes out of 4th gear on a regular N54 AT or MT, where your speed traps are gained, I would be in 7th gear while the faster 1/4 mile car will start falling on its face.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    @BuraQ , im willing to bet your timing corrections are going wild when you switch to straight 93 octane and get the car nice and warm. An N54 that performs stronger on higher octane is a sign that the timing targets are too aggressive. The only thing saving you from detonation is the magical DME itself, and its ability to pull 3.3* timing in a split second.

    You have an overly aggressive tune sir, whether you are going to admit that or not is a different story.
    There is going to be timing corrections regardless when switching fuels and change of temps even on stock. In reality I do not race my car on 93 so its entirely irrelevant and has been tested itself regerously with no issues. If it was an issue I would not have stayed with RENNtech as my tuner. Furthermore, its the DME's job, to adapt, and balance.

    Its amazing to see when I was with Dinan it was noted as being "TOO" conservative, and now with RENNtech its now "TOO" aggressive.

    If was to jump on the Cobb (with all due respect), GIAC, JB4 or PROcede band wagons, it would be the same rhetoric game play logical enthusiastic zeal

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    According to what, 1/4 speed traps ? It is best to be quicker in a 1/4 mile @ 116-117mph as the faster 120 trapping car will have to play catch up but then it will be too late cause by time it comes out of 4th gear on a regular N54 AT or MT, where your speed traps are gained, I would be in 7th gear while the faster 1/4 mile car will start falling on its face.
    That's a significantly less then accurate comparison: AT/MT vs. DCT. If you were to run a COBB PROtuned DCT 335is, I'm sure it'd not only be quicker, but also faster & developing the power in a lot safer manner.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    There is going to be timing corrections regardless when switching fuels and change of temps even on stock. In reality I do not race my car on 93 so its entirely irrelevant and has been tested itself regerously with no issues. If it was an issue I would not have stayed with RENNtech as my tuner. Furthermore, its the DME's job, to adapt, and balance.
    My 93 octane PROtune only illustrated timing corrections when it was ~100+ outside with high humidity & after semi-heat soaking the FMIC (multiple back to back pulls). If your tune was made correctly, then it shouldn't be knocking/making timing corrections regardless of what octane you're running. Just because you don't track the car on 93, are you telling me you've never made aggressive pulls in the car while running 93? Because it doesn't matter if you're damaging the motor on a track or a highway, it's still creating damage.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    904
    Rep Points
    785.6
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    .... If your tune was made correctly, then it shouldn't be knocking/making timing corrections regardless of what octane you're running. Just because you don't track the car on 93, are you telling me you've never made aggressive pulls in the car while running 93? Because it doesn't matter if you're damaging the motor on a track or a highway, it's still creating damage.
    You sir are talking bloat. Now your illustrating that my tune is not made correctly, causing knock, and insinuating its less safe which is far from the truth. Let me make it clear, my motor does not knock, has never knocked.

    How you are concluding knock is mere wishful thinking. Timing corrections is part off the DME's ETC which can be found even on a stock N54. How you are concluding this based on data from one cylinder is beyond me unless you have some supper kenetic psychic abilites that still got it wrong.

    Now the garbarge is starting to get out of control, dont start something that your not going to be able to fuel.
    Last edited by BuraQ; 03-21-2013 at 05:25 PM.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,002
    Rep Points
    8,952.0
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    Reputation: Yes | No
    BuraQ, I think the basic problem here is that you're arguing tooth and nail about things that you clearly only know half as much as you think you know. For example IMHO a better way to respond might be "I don't think I have any tuning related issues on pump, here are some charts from 93 octane showing how its running, what is your opinion on these?" and approach it that way. Worst case you identify a problem with the car before its too late and best case get verification that there are no issues. And who knows you might even learn something in the process! Click here to enlarge

    What makes me think you are running a race gas tune is the 17psi target with 11 degrees of advance @ 5500rpm. I normally reserve that sort of boost level for race gas, E85, or meth only with that advance target. Now you tell me that isn't the log from your latest run and instead some other testing log. Which is fine. But then we've just wasted several pages talking about a log that wasn't what we thought it was. I wanted to see a full log from the 11 second 1/4 mile runs for comparison to Matt's run.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Points
    2,149.8
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    According to what, 1/4 speed traps ? It is best to be quicker in a 1/4 mile @ 116-117mph as the faster 120 trapping car will have to play catch up but then it will be too late cause by time it comes out of 4th gear on a regular N54 AT or MT, where your speed traps are gained, I would be in 7th gear while the faster 1/4 mile car will start falling on its face.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    That's a significantly less then accurate comparison: AT/MT vs. DCT. If you were to run a COBB PROtuned DCT 335is, I'm sure it'd not only be quicker, but also faster & developing the power in a lot safer manner.
    This.

    I think your specific car, with it's DCT, would be faster with COBB (i.e., your traps speed would increase and your ET would decrease).

    To be completely honest, your results with your tune made me ponder trading my car in for a 335IS with DCT. This is why I want to see what your car can do with COBB Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    904
    Rep Points
    785.6
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    This.

    I think your specific car, with it's DCT, would be faster with COBB (i.e., your traps speed would increase and your ET would decrease).

    To be completely honest, your results with your tune made me ponder trading my car in for a 335IS with DCT. This is why I want to see what your car can do with COBB Click here to enlarge

    PTF's ProTune has a FBO 335is running cattless DPs. It was the first 335is to break 11s. http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335i-Timeslip-24793.html

    Here is a slip for slips between his and mine with the same speed trap in the 11s

    Cobb PTF ProTune / DA 990 - 70 with 18 PSI

    Click here to enlarge

    RENNtech / DA 579 @ 70 with 17 PSI
    Click here to enlarge

    The Cobb Protune by PTF also hit a 12.0 ET @ 119 mph. Either way they did an excellent job on KC's 335is. It should be noted that when KC broke 11s he didnt have the windows rolled up.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,198
    Rep Points
    1,800.2
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    What makes me think you are running a race gas tune is the 17psi target with 11 degrees of advance @ 5500rpm. I normally reserve that sort of boost level for race gas, E85, or meth only with that advance target.
    11* advance timing + 17 psi boost is real aggressive on 93... Like ~3-4 degrees too aggressive for my taste with those boost levels
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  23. #73
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Points
    2,149.8
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    PTF's ProTune has a FBO 335is running cattless DPs. It was the first 335is to break 11s. http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335i-Timeslip-24793.html

    Here is a slip for slips between his and mine with the same speed trap in the 11s

    Cobb PTF ProTune / DA 990 - 70 with 18 PSI

    Click here to enlarge

    RENNtech / DA 579 @ 70 with 17 PSI
    Click here to enlarge

    The Cobb Protune by PTF also hit a 12.0 ET @ 119 mph. Either way they did an excellent job on KC's 335is. It should be noted that when KC broke 11s he didnt have the windows rolled up.
    I was under the impression you had a lot more mods than him?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,677
    Rep Points
    3,327.5
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    KC's car had windows down and he was on run flats Click here to enlarge think he was first time out at the 1/4 too that time lol

    http://blog.protuningfreaks.com/2012...tires-no-meth/

    Whats up with all the back/forth? Crazy thread Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    904
    Rep Points
    785.6
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I was under the impression you had a lot more mods than him?
    Other than my Dinan axle back exhaust vs his Stock axle back exhaust which is already free flowing from the factory. He has cattless DPs and I have catted DPs, unless you want to add street tires into the equation of the mods.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •