Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I'm sorry but since when is trapping 116-117 on a race mix impressive? I trapped higher than that on pump gas with a off the shelf cobb flash, that does a HELL of a lot more than this tune.
    In his defense, you and I did trap 117mph on 93 octane but we are (or were) in slightly lighter 135i. I don't think I have ever seen a full weight 335i trap that high on pump gas no meth (at least not here at PBIR).

On the other hand, I can confirm BuraQ needs a race mix to keep up with me on 93 octane. Click here to enlarge 135i ftw. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    In his defense, you and I did trap 117mph on 93 octane but we are (or were) in slightly lighter 135i. I don't think I have ever seen a full weight 335i trap that high on pump gas (at least not here at PBIR).
    the weight savings will not make his car trap much higher. I forgot what the difference is, is t it like 100lbs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sorry but since when is trapping 116-117 on a race mix impressive? I trapped higher than that on pump gas with a off the shelf cobb flash, that does a HELL of a lot more than this tune.
    I dunno you tell me, where do you see the object of the OP focussed on speed traps ? You can have the same tune on same car with different body in the car speed traps will be less or greater

Hitting 11.78 consecutively @ only 116 mph is damn impressive whereas "most" need higher speed traps to cap the same ET with better 60'

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the weight savings will not make his car trap much higher. I forgot what the difference is, is t it like 100lbs?
    I agree it's not a drastic difference, but it would improve no doubt. 135i are about 200lbs lighter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BuraQ -- Have you dyno'd your car (on both pump & race gas). I've seen plenty of time slips & videos of your car running, but never remember seeing how much HP it's making
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Would love to meet but no interest in traveling 3000 miles for a battle of the high 11 second cars. Maybe if it was 2007. Click here to enlarge
    Definately not worth a drive if only running 11's, but some of your customers might want to try out PBIR rental & hoping they can repeat runs for comparison to other vehicles Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I dunno you tell me, where do you see the object of the OP focussed on speed traps ? You can have the same tune on same car with different body in the car speed traps will be less or greater

Hitting 11.78 consecutively @ only 116 mph is damn impressive whereas "most" need higher speed traps to cap the same ET with better 60'
    There is nothing impressive about that regarding tuning. It simply means you had decent traction and nothing else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    BuraQ -- Have you dyno'd your car (on both pump & race gas). I've seen plenty of time slips & videos of your car running, but never remember seeing how much HP it's making
    This was on race gas mix for 96 octane prior to the cP-e Highflow catts being installed

Click here to enlarge

loss of personal body weight helped with latest ET and speed traps

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is nothing impressive about that regarding tuning. It simply means you had decent traction and nothing else.
    Then in that case I am really impressed with my NT 555 tires vs DRs that have been used to trap similar ET, higher trap speeds and lower 60'

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then in that case I am really impressed with my NT 555 tires vs DRs that have been used to trap similar ET, higher trap speeds and lower 60'

boom!
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Running a tune from the same company....on different nights, congrats.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Two things I got from this thread are ...

BuraQ launches his car very good.

Terry insulted all the happy high 11 sec N54 owners Click here to enlarge

116 isnt the highest trap but it's def good for pump gas regardless of mods...

but 11.9 with a 118 trap on stock car other than tune/filters is more impressive than 11.6@118 with FBO ...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it wasnt pump gas....lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Two things I got from this thread are ...

BuraQ launches his car very good.

Terry insulted all the happy high 11 sec N54 owners Click here to enlarge

116 isnt the highest trap but it's def good for pump gas regardless of mods...

but 11.9 with a 118 trap on stock car other than tune/filters is more impressive than 11.6@118 with FBO ...
    that's 3 things! sneaky sneaky
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sh;t , 96 oct... what matters is each of us is happy with our cars...

i also learned that buraQ is one of those people, so more power to him i guess, lol...

FWIW I trapped 118.6 in my 6 speed manual 135 on 50/50 93 and 100 oct blend with just jb4 and downpipes... Someone should secretly reflash his car to a PTF map or something... that would be a good thread than surprise for him....

all jokes aside obv his car is setup good for the strip and he drives it well... 116 really isnt the best of traps though considering that much octane/mods and the many trips to the track...

BuraQ can you throw more timing at it? That would prob help

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    sh;t , 96 oct... what matters is each of us is happy with our cars...
    I completely agree. As long as he is happy with how its running then more power to him. Live and let live. I think what set him off was that 'mdyates' 335is is basically running 2mph more than he is without the intercooler, downpipes, diverters, jpipe, exhaust system, expensive intake system, etc. It stole some of his DCT thunder, lol. Buraq claimed it was becuase he was running a 15psi pump gas tune. OK. But then he posted his log showing 17psi and 10 degrees of advance at only 5500rpm. So there goes that theory...

He's against piggybacks so in a flash only world many here think he'd do the same or better than he is doing now with a Cobb off the shelf E30 map. For less money out of pocket, with much better future resale value, more features, etc. But instead he's here trying to convince everyone how great "renntech" N54 tunes are. He's still the only person I've ever come across running one.

PS. On the 135i the auto is 143# lighter than an automatic 335i. Don't discount the DCT though. I think its worth 1-2mph with the gearing, shift speed, etc.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-20-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I completely agree. As long as he is happy with how its running then more power to him. Live and let live. I think what set him off was that 'mdyates' 335is is basically running 2mph more than he is without the intercooler, downpipes, diverters, jpipe, exhaust system, expensive intake system, etc. It stole some of his DCT thunder, lol. Buraq claimed it was becuase he was running a 15psi pump gas tune. OK. But then he posted his log showing 17psi and 10 degrees of advance at only 5500rpm. So there goes that theory...

He's against piggybacks so in a flash only world many here think he'd do the same or better than he is doing now with a Cobb off the shelf E30 map. For less money out of pocket, with much better future resale value, more features, etc. But instead he's here trying to convince everyone how great "renntech" N54 tunes are. He's still the only person I've ever come across running one.

PS. On the 135i the auto is 143# lighter than an automatic 335i. Don't discount the DCT though. I think its worth 1-2mph with the gearing, shift speed, etc.
    I'm pretty sure it's general consensus that BuraQ would making a lot more power with a non-Renntech tune.

If I were him, I would just try out COBB just for comparison's sake.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ...... I think what set him off was that 'mdyates' 335is is basically running 2mph more than he is without the intercooler, downpipes, diverters, jpipe, exhaust system, expensive intake system, etc......
    But yet you still cant find the right candidate with your piggyback ONLY, without the wailing help to the Cobb AP, to beat my track ET time, and still unable to do it with it per similar specs. Next we may hear you hijacking something from Vishnu to try an "improve" the short comings of your product. This is a prime example how imperfectly inferior it is to flash tunes, when you have to run for help from a flash application

I prefer being quicker rather than faster cause in the end I am not the one that has to do the "catching up" and that alone is limited to gearing

You are mistaken, nothing has set me off, you are cleary butchering that 2013 335is and displaying it like its totally ok to run at those specs. Anyone can tune a N54 at those specs and break 11s. Its rare cause no one is that brave enough to torcher their car like that and supporting it just to have brag rights.

Also, you dont see me hijacking your threads or posts and doing the like as you do. I dont have anything to lose, you do, thats why you spend all this time hunting my posts down.

Interesting you dont see Cobb, or PTF or any other tuners with such character as you have displayed, you are damn worried or else you wouldnt be here

Lenny called you out, if you have that much confidence in your product find a candidate to come to the PBIR private event in April, lets see how long that car lasts running against me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ......Buraq claimed it was becuase he was running a 15psi pump gas tune. OK. But then he posted his log showing 17psi and 10 degrees of advance at only 5500rpm. So there goes that theory.........

A page back you said I "peaked" 17 PSI, and that is exactly what it is "peak", not the average PSI that is clearly in my sig. Now you come with just 17 PSI making it sound like thats my average PSI. Why dont you talk about the average 18-19+ PSI that PEAKS 21 in overshoots on that JB4 335is that is purely stock ?

I would also like to know where you got this pump gas theory from also ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol Terry's car takes more abuse than any car other than maybe dzennos both who put it through that abuse for obv reasons. Do you have any 60-130s?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But yet you still cant find the right candidate with your piggyback ONLY, without the wailing help to the Cobb AP, to beat my track ET time, and still unable to do it with it per similar specs. Next we may hear you hijacking something from Vishnu to try an "improve" the short comings of your product. This is a prime example how imperfectly inferior it is to flash tunes, when you have to run for help from a flash application
    This has gotten fairly repetitive so just a few comments in reply:

1) The N54 stock turbo world records are 11.2-11.3s depending on chassis and those times were set piggyback only.
    2) In my opinion all considered with the mods your 11.7 @ 116mph is fairly pedestrian. Not great, not horrible. Most cars with your level of mods on race gas with similar 60' times run better times.
    3) I'm not saying you should not be proud of your car and times. You definitely race the car more than anyone else I know these days. Way to go. Pat yourself on the back. But at the same time recognize where you stand in the big picture of the performance food chain. 11.7 is circa 2008 stuff. I ran that in 2008 on a similar 60' time with more MPH and fewer mods.
    3) Looking at your log above I think you're running almost as aggressively as the other 335is who ran 2mph faster than you with much fewer mods. Clearly you are not up to speed on how to record and read logs and I would suggest you spend more time in that department. It will only benefit you in the long run.
    4) You seem to want to brag "I ran this without that", like "I cut a 1.7 60' on street tires and ran 11.7 without drag radials". And we're supposed to be impressed with your tuning and racing prowess because of that. But then we're supposed to also ignore that you spent $10k more for an N54 that comes equipped with a DCT transmission and posi? Ignore all the $$$ mods you have compared to other N54 cars? Ignore the aggressive race gas tuning? Ignore the many attempts to get those results? I really just don't really get your angle on it all personally.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought buraq went with renntech instead of Cobb because apparantly they would be able to modify the launch control. Did that ever happen?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    T pretty sure BMW still serves you a green wheenie in the LSD department with the iS.

But very true in dct department. Look at m3s desparity in times. I beat a e92 m3 time and time again in my 6 spd manual 370z that went 12.8-9 at 109-110 from any roll speed or dig ran a dct m3 who beat me pretty good than again some cars are stronger then others but that tranny is HUGE factor in your times.

Its sadly pathetic how many poor stick n54 owners there are tho. BC my red 135 and my buddies blue 135 both manual walked every single n54 in auto that had been thrown mine and still to date dons way. It would be more impressive if a guy came in here saying he cut 1.65 with a 6m then a car that shifts in milliseconds and has launch control doing good BC it shifts good. Where are the ex fox body heads that know how to drive ? They don't buy n54s?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    A page back you said I "peaked" 17 PSI, and that is exactly what it is "peak", not the average PSI that is clearly in my sig. Now you come with just 17 PSI making it sound like thats my average PSI. Why dont you talk about the average 18-19+ PSI that PEAKS 21 in overshoots on that JB4 335is that is purely stock ?

I would also like to know where you got this pump gas theory from also ?
    I don't know what you run other than the one partial log posted and with all due respect don't really care much. I'm only bringing it up now to help you understand what is going on with your own car.

I've drawn a line where 16psi is in this log. Would you say you are above this line, on average, or below? I've also drawn a line indicating where your timing advance is approx 11 degrees. Would you consider this tune a pump gas tune, or a race gas tune?

Also have you noticed you are not cutting torque much during your DCT shifts? Your thoughts as to the long term impact on that expensive DCT tranmission?

Click here to enlarge

With regard to Matt's tuning, that you say is running 21+psi. Are you familiar with the differences between pre-throttle body and post-throttle body boost reading? He's running JB4 G5 ISO Map 7 along with a BMS backend flash that is meant for a 50% E85 fuel mixture. Here are the by RPM boost targets for reference:

'Aggressive map
    psi_curve[0] = 155 '1500
    psi_curve[1] = 160 '2000
    psi_curve[2] = 160 '2500
    psi_curve[3] = 170 '3000
    psi_curve[4] = 175 '3500
    psi_curve[5] = 177 '4000
    psi_curve[6] = 180 '4500
    psi_curve[7] = 185 '5000
    psi_curve[8] = 180 '5500
    psi_curve[9] = 170 '6000
    psi_curve[10] = 160 '6500
    psi_curve[11] = 145 '7000
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-20-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Think both the IS's cars are moving in different directions. One is a tune + what is pretty much a FBO less meth. The other is a stock $505 tune only car. No real point in comparing them other then saying the tune only is pretty outstanding getting into the 11ís & the FBO will most likely be get quicker & faster.

Personally I am happy to see both the IS versions doing well & very happy about the tune only car doing so well because I can live vicariously through it. Click here to enlarge
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast