Close

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! yeah! Way to go Vargas + PTF. Match made in heaven! Sign me up Tony. I'm in Sacramento 6MT FBO!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is awesome. Lets get that upgraded HPFP, what ever happened to that @VargasTurboTech?
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Please tell me this will work on an XI!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Except nobody wants to pay for a 15k 335i. All the ones that interest me anyway start around 25k-30k although I'm looking for a vert. But if you just want the platform regardless of miles or options, then I suppose you could find one in reasonable shape for around 17-20.
    yeah guess thats true if you're lookin for fancier or newer ones like an msport or vert like you. I personally know people who have gotten extremely clean e90's with reasonable mileage for 15kish...this is only through auctions though. Of course regular buyers going to Carmax and dealers are going to get taxed haha. Regardless, this platform just took a little step up!
    2007 AW/Beige E92 335i 6MT / JB4 / E85 BB backend / IC / DCI / DPs / ER CP / Forge DVs / Meth(off) / 335is/550i Clutch / MFactory Steel SMFW / NGK Step Colder Plugs / BMS SSK/UUC KNOB / M3 Front Control Arms / Solid rear arms / Tein SS-P Coilovers / M4 18" in PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm am honestly more in the market for a 335 than i ever was.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats Tony and Dzenno/Jake.

Awesome results, very impressive for 91. It will be very interesting to follow the progress from here on. Even with the HPFP concerns there should be a lot to be had on the timing with better fuel.

Great to see such dedication to the N54 platform
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's an UNOFFICIAL overlay of ST 58 on 93 pump, no meth @ 19.5 PSI vs the VTT S3 on 91 pump @ 24 PSI. The gray line is the ST. I apologize if this is a misrepresentation in any way. I was just trying to figure out how it would daily drive.

Question: On the VTT graph, what is that dip between 4.75 and 5.00? I see it on other dynos with stock turbos as well.

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by blisstik; 03-16-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Here's an UNOFFICIAL overlay of ST 58 on 93 pump, no meth @ 19.5 PSI vs the VTT S3 on 91 pump @ 24 PSI. The gray line is the ST. I apologize if this is a misrepresentation in any way. I was just trying to figure out how it would daily drive.

Click here to enlarge
    Looks very similar to me down low, just 4 psi difference up top.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Great first dyno session. If you are not dropping LP, then it's the HPFP. Line size or inlet to the pump won't make a difference... need to increase output volume.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge

Question: On the VTT graph, what is that dip between 4.75 and 5.00? I see it on other dynos with stock turbos as well.

Click here to enlarge
    Not a misrepresentation at all, thank you for posting that. Pretty much speaks for itself. We used less octane, achieved similar spool to their small turbo that maxes at at 620-640. Our turbos are flow rated to about 850, yet they keep up with it down low and run away from it 4250 up on TQ and HP. The dip was explained in the original post. Small throttle correction that is easily tuned out, limited time on dyno we left it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Amazing!! Would probably blow my 6AT into oblivion though lol
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Has anyone looked at the rail pressure or pressure valve that returns the fuel? Why is the HPFP always to blame. Most of the job is being done by the LPFP as the HPFP job is to keep the rail pressure high. Could there be anything else other than the HPFP regarding the high pressure in the rails?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    Has anyone looked at the rail pressure or pressure valve that returns the fuel? Why is the HPFP always to blame. Most of the job is being done by the LPFP as the HPFP job is to keep the rail pressure high. Could there be anything else other than the HPFP regarding the high pressure in the rails?
    According to the data, the HPFP is to blame (the twin LPFP that Tony is running are maintaing pressure 100% fine), but that def doesn't mean that the HPFP is "tapped out". I know that when I had my Walbro installed, Garth (Undercover) was surprised to see the narrow sized tubing that the 335 fuel lines are & believes that be increasing the tubing diameter, we could eliminate a potential bottleneck & get the HPFP some more fuel.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great work Dzenno and Tony. Cant wait for E90SoFlo to get a kit so i can try it out haha
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Amazing work. I get that tingling feeling when I read how straightforward the tuning was. /props

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This + 1M with built DCT. That would be epic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If you're ready to try on an AT car, i'm fully prepared to blow my transmission for the good of the community Click here to enlarge
    07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS DPs | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

9 out of 12 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Vishnu can go suck a fat one now
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    This is better than I was expecting. Lets see it crack 600 on 91!!!! I don't get 93 here unfortunately.
    Octane booster! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's next? Meth/e85 I hope.

I prefer e85, but if you are fuel-limited, for now just run meth so everyone know what the kit can do. Show the real gap between RBs/VS2s.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

3 out of 8 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by jpsimon is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Incredible Tony, just F-ing incredible. GREAT JOB to both you, DZ, and everyone else that helped. Seriously man

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wtfmateim65 Click here to enlarge
    15k or less for a used N54 car
    FBO thru the classifieds for around 2k
    LSD, SMFW, Clutch 3-4k
    M3 bits and suspension 2-3k
    lets say a wide 5-10k for turbos and misc.
    extra few k for maintenance.
    M3 eater for 30-35k!
    Since it's a used N54, if it is an 07, you have a bolted diff. LSD upgrade= $1,700 w/labor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so when is the next dyno session?
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    Returnless system

as said, the next easy thing would be some higher dia lines to ease it up a bit

but there's only a certain amount of fuel you can force through it..

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast