Close

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for dialing down the power to preserve the dyno this time! Click here to enlarge

Now I can sleep at night once more. Thanks for posting these Tony and good work!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Yup you are correct. I forgot my tuner holds the torque record...Click here to enlargeBoost is held completely flat to redline, it holds well and pulls strong. On the dyno with no load its a little lazy but on the street full load. We are seeing full boost right around 4000 RPM starting at 2 grand in 3rd. This is right in line with the ST 62, except you have to keep in mind the singles flow rating is about 650-700 HP. These GTX's are rated at 425 each. So close to same spool, 150-200 HP more airflow.
    exactly what i wanted to hear Click here to enlarge

same driveability and more potential, what more could you want? haah - full boost at 4k, when does boost start? 2500ish? - and if response is about the same, that's not a tragedy either! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well done guys. The figures are right there where they should be. GTX2863R that I suggested is the twin upgrade to go for max twin whp. It will be >800 whp with e85+meth. The flights are booked so we should see that quickly enough Click here to enlarge Good to see the spool & power as expected.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Well done guys. The figures are right there where they should be. GTX2863R that I suggested is the twin upgrade to go for max twin whp. It will be >800 whp with e85+meth. The flights are booked so we should see that quickly enough Click here to enlarge Good to see the spool & power as expected.
    i'd say the HPFP will limit on E85 a bit before 800whp? ... will be nice to see either way though Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    boost?
    Turbo lag is the on ramp to the highway which is power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When can we expect pricing? Great #'s Can I trade up from stage 2's Tony? I'm already on the stage 2 list

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn. That's impressive for the first go around

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    When can we expect pricing? Great #'s Can I trade up from stage 2's Tony? I'm already on the stage 2 list
    He said monday for pricing! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i'd say the HPFP will limit on E85 a bit before 800whp? ... will be nice to see either way though Click here to enlarge
    Correct. I'm hoping they'd got it worked around. Race gas and a lot of meth would be the plan B to get there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    exactly what i wanted to hear Click here to enlarge

same driveability and more potential, what more could you want? haah - full boost at 4k, when does boost start? 2500ish? - and if response is about the same, that's not a tragedy either! Click here to enlarge
    Boost starts to ramp about 2500, just grabbed a random log from last night. 5 psi 2800, 10 psi 3300,15 psi 3750, 20 psi 4050. From there the car is pretty much an animal on the street. Dzenno thinks it actually has more in it in way of spool. We worked on it a little bit, but not much as we were working out kinks in boost control and just working on getting good repeatable power. I am sure we can get it down a touch more with some tweaking.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for your hard work and dedication to the N54 community.. I will have a set of VTT stage 3's this summer so just hurry up and take my money!
    JB4/FBO/METH/ 12.04@118 6spd MT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is better than I was expecting. Lets see it crack 600 on 91!!!! I don't get 93 here unfortunately.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very impressive for preliminary quick and dirty e-tuning! Bless that HPFP to keep on putting along haha. Seems like this will result in ~600whp range and faster spool after they work out the kinks and tune a bit further. And if dzenno has already hit around 650wtq with RB's i wouldn't be surprised to be ripping 700+wtq with E85 and/or meth! Now someone point out a more luxurious and faster car in the same price range as an N54 build!
    15k or less for a used N54 car
    FBO thru the classifieds for around 2k
    LSD, SMFW, Clutch 3-4k
    M3 bits and suspension 2-3k
    lets say a wide 5-10k for turbos and misc.
    extra few k for maintenance.
    M3 eater for 30-35k!
    2007 AW/Beige E92 335i 6MT / JB4 / E85 BB backend / IC / DCI / DPs / ER CP / Forge DVs / Meth(off) / 335is/550i Clutch / MFactory Steel SMFW / NGK Step Colder Plugs / BMS SSK/UUC KNOB / M3 Front Control Arms / Solid rear arms / Tein SS-P Coilovers / M4 18" in PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wtfmateim65 Click here to enlarge
    Very impressive for preliminary quick and dirty e-tuning! Bless that HPFP to keep on putting along haha. Seems like this will result in ~600whp range and faster spool after they work out the kinks and tune a bit further. And if dzenno has already hit around 650wtq with RB's i wouldn't be surprised to be ripping 700+wtq with E85 and/or meth! Now someone point out a more luxurious and faster car in the same price range as an N54 build!
    15k or less for a used N54 car
    FBO thru the classifieds for around 2k
    LSD, SMFW, Clutch 3-4k
    M3 bits and suspension 2-3k
    lets say a wide 5-10k for turbos and misc.
    extra few k for maintenance.
    M3 eater for 30-35k!

Except nobody wants to pay for a 15k 335i. All the ones that interest me anyway start around 25k-30k although I'm looking for a vert. But if you just want the platform regardless of miles or options, then I suppose you could find one in reasonable shape for around 17-20.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With that power band, that's more than an m3 eater
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy $#@!. I'm anxious to see how the car handles this power on the street once tuning gets sorted out. Impressive and congrats to Vargas, PTF and the owner of this beast.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys, we are completely stoked with these results on such poor quality 91 octane. In terms of boost this was 24-25psi with an ultra conservative to low timing curve at full load.

As mentioned before, our tuning approach with this kit is to get the most power under the curve out of this setup for any given octane level. Therefore we're not being shy with boost but we are certainly shy with timing on this ACN 91 octane.

Below is the RPM graph to see...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by govr46 Click here to enlarge
    Big thanks to my brother Tony for all the hard work and money he has put into this project for the N54 community.
    Another big thanks to Dzenno for all the late night tuning sessions he has done with Tony to get the car were it is now.
    Can't wait for the kit to be produced so i can finally have my car back after six months.
    I want that kit off your car and in production asap! Click here to enlarge Really appreciate everything you've done so far to make this project happen. I'm super jealous you get to drive it now and I don't Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Nice! Really unbelievable for our 91 octane.
    Told you there's some surprises here Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    HOLY HORSEPOWER!!!! This will prob crush 600 WHP on 93 octane, def cannot wait to see Race Gas/E85 numbers. Just to get an idea for the gains, do you have a stock baseline for this car (or another N54 MT 335) on the same dyno?
    We're really looking forward to higher octane runs too!!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Great Job!! Click here to enlarge Would love to see OTS 93/100 octane maps & dynos for this. Also some street videos would be fun to see! Click here to enlarge
    Cobb OTS maps won't work on this kit. Boost control and all other related tables in the DME required a significant amount of work and attention. I am really glad though that we've pulled this off right through the DME without requiring help from external devices.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    That's awesome man. Great work! I like how you say you are gong to do something, and you do exactly that.
    He sure did.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    The sound in the video doesnt do the sound justice this thing sounded simply phenomenal. What a beast. Awesome work tony
    Wish I was there to hear it Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Holy $#@! look at that powerband. Awesome job
    Thank you

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by XLG1@HBE Click here to enlarge
    Do you think I can run the stage 3 setup with my auto n54 or would the trans not hold up?
    Until tested very hard to say with any level of certainty. At the least I'd assume you'd need an Alpina TCU flash but as of right now a 6MT with a solid clutch will certainly put the power down no problem.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I am glad we've met your expectations and didn't disappoint on the first try

We literally had time to just do 3 revisions of this e-tuned setup on the dyno and see the curves. We'll have updates coming as we push and refine things further. There's lots to do especially when you're doing it from right inside the DME.

Couple key things we noticed on the fuel end. Going past this power level causes HPFP fuel pressure to start to drop. We've logged both LPFP Actual and HPFP Actual on multiple runs. With Tony's parallel LPFP setup in the tank (OEM+Walbro) the LPFP Actual pressure is staying on target (and slightly above actually) without dropouts. However, HPFP Actual pressure was nosediving. This is why we stopped at the power levels on we did with ACN 91 octane, not because of any knock/timing corrections which still blows my mind!

We'll see if this can be addressed in any way to try to push on further with just gas flowing from where it should, the fuel tank and DI fuel injectors Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's amazing how much better this power curve looks compared to the FFTEC single curve... Do you have a plot of boost vs. RPM?

PS. On the fuel pressure, you can either lean it out (can't see AFR curve in chart but might not be a good idea), or another option is to swap out the factory regulator and crank the pressure up to 80-90psi. Which should force more fuel through the small opening at the high pressure pump and allow it to support more power.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 03-16-2013 at 01:18 AM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's amazing how much better this power curve looks compared to the FFTEC single curve... Do you have a plot of boost vs. RPM?
    x2, it just looks like a slightly delayed stock turbo n54 FBO. As it should be with a crazy powerband.

@dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks, is the limit the HPFP now or is it the injectors?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Power right damn near to red line. Looks great
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome!
    FF who?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

PS. On the fuel pressure, you can either lean it out (can't see AFR curve in chart but might not be a good idea), or another option is to swap out the factory regulator and crank the pressure up to 80-90psi. Which should force more fuel through the small opening at the high pressure pump and allow it to support more power.
    We were doing all initial testing at 11:1 (richer than typical) 18psi dialing in boost control, keeping timing ultra conservative. We're targeting 12:1 now 24-25psi without any noticeable change in timing corrections.

LPFP pressure actually seems to go up to 80-90 under full load and that side really doesn't seem to be an issue "pressure" wise. Tony's setup is a parallel one and the only thing I could suggest at this point experimentally is to add in a wider fuel line to carry more fuel to the HPFP. Regulator may also be a great idea to look into and test.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    x2, it just looks like a slightly delayed stock turbo n54 FBO. As it should be with a crazy powerband.

@dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks , is the limit the HPFP now or is it the injectors?
    HPFP isn't holding targeted pressured. Injectors are said to support something very very large (2100cc mentioned by @dubversion who's talked to his friend that worked on the N54 fuel system design). Very unofficial obviously but its all we got right now.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Power right damn near to red line. Looks great
    Thanks @mithiral67
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great stuff. Maybe now we can see a Stage 3 find the limits of this motor with transparent updates. Also, would love to see this on a properly upgraded DCT as well. Just need the "properly upgraded" bit to be available first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow 2100cc, if that is the case then there is honestly no need for larger injectors. That can flow like 1000whp. I am guessing the HPFP is the issue. Any ideas of running Terrys bandaid hpfp that he made to see if that will help it keep the flow?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Another side note. I cannot say enough about what a pleasure it was to work with Dzenno and the PTF crew. From Jake staying on COBB to get me an AP. To COBB stepping up and supporting the project to D literally staying up with me tuning til 3 am his time, getting 4 hours sleep and doing his daily routine to do it again the next night because I run a business until 5 and could only get away usually after we shut down. The guy has literally never laid eyes on the car, never rode in it, never even heard it and he was just as excited if not more then me to tune. When we hit 572 today I called him just to deliver the good news as text was no longer good enough. The level of commitment they have to the platform is something I feel matches my own. I worked long nights and weekends to get this kit up and running as well as the stage 2's and now the the N55. Stay tuned everyone, were just getting started.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast