Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

New BMW 1M coming...M2?

According to EVO Mag:

Click here to enlarge

The BMW 1-series M Coupe will be replaced. The new model – an interpretation of the limited-run 2011 sports coupe – has been confirmed via a BMW Blog interview with M Division CEO Dr Friedrich Nitschke.

While the BMW M135i – a 316bhp rear-drive hot hatchback – is a pretty accomplished baby M Division product, it’s not classed as a core M car. Nitschke has dropped a serious hint that this role will be left to the next 1-series coupe, heavily rumoured to be called the 2-series.

An M2 with a tuned up version of the M135i’s 3-litre twin-turbo straight-six engine looks nigh on certain, it would seem. ‘We haven’t made a decision yet, but the 1M coupe was so successful, that in my opinion, I am absolutely sure we will build a successor’, he told bmwblog.com.

The 1-series M Coupe is one of our favourite performance cars of recent years. It beat the Porsche Cayman R and Audi TT RS in our sports coupe group test before vanquishing the Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari FF and its BMW M5 bigger brother for a heroic podium finish in evo Car of the Year 2011.

Its quality is reflected in used values; while it cost a smidge over 40,000 new, you’ll struggle to find good used examples much below that mark now. BMW is unlikely to miss a trick in replacing it. A BMW M2 could debut in 2014.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmmm very nice. They need to reveal some sketches, 2014 is only a year away....seems like a short amount of time for a dedicated m car, I'm betting this is another " m parts bin " car. The 1m is great though so that may not be a bad thing...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    According to EVO Mag:

http://photos.evo.co.uk/images/front...o_565327_7.jpg

The BMW 1-series M Coupe will be replaced. The new model – an interpretation of the limited-run 2011 sports coupe – has been confirmed via a BMW Blog interview with M Division CEO Dr Friedrich Nitschke.

While the BMW M135i – a 316bhp rear-drive hot hatchback – is a pretty accomplished baby M Division product, it’s not classed as a core M car. Nitschke has dropped a serious hint that this role will be left to the next 1-series coupe, heavily rumoured to be called the 2-series.

An M2 with a tuned up version of the M135i’s 3-litre twin-turbo straight-six engine looks nigh on certain, it would seem. ‘We haven’t made a decision yet, but the 1M coupe was so successful, that in my opinion, I am absolutely sure we will build a successor’, he told bmwblog.com.

The 1-series M Coupe is one of our favourite performance cars of recent years. It beat the Porsche Cayman R and Audi TT RS in our sports coupe group test before vanquishing the Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari FF and its BMW M5 bigger brother for a heroic podium finish in evo Car of the Year 2011.

Its quality is reflected in used values; while it cost a smidge over 40,000 new, you’ll struggle to find good used examples much below that mark now. BMW is unlikely to miss a trick in replacing it. A BMW M2 could debut in 2014.
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...-four-cylinder

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I poop on your four banger.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I want a 1M sooo bad. But.... If I can't have one I suppose an M2 will work.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 1m's on the market are way overpriced....but yea I want one too
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, WAY overpriced.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    an M2 will cost alot less due to mass production.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    The 1m's on the market are way overpriced....but yea I want one too
    Correct.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge