Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

New BMW 1M coming...M2?

According to EVO Mag:

Click here to enlarge

The BMW 1-series M Coupe will be replaced. The new model – an interpretation of the limited-run 2011 sports coupe – has been confirmed via a BMW Blog interview with M Division CEO Dr Friedrich Nitschke.

While the BMW M135i – a 316bhp rear-drive hot hatchback – is a pretty accomplished baby M Division product, it’s not classed as a core M car. Nitschke has dropped a serious hint that this role will be left to the next 1-series coupe, heavily rumoured to be called the 2-series.

An M2 with a tuned up version of the M135i’s 3-litre twin-turbo straight-six engine looks nigh on certain, it would seem. ‘We haven’t made a decision yet, but the 1M coupe was so successful, that in my opinion, I am absolutely sure we will build a successor’, he told bmwblog.com.

The 1-series M Coupe is one of our favourite performance cars of recent years. It beat the Porsche Cayman R and Audi TT RS in our sports coupe group test before vanquishing the Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari FF and its BMW M5 bigger brother for a heroic podium finish in evo Car of the Year 2011.

Its quality is reflected in used values; while it cost a smidge over 40,000 new, you’ll struggle to find good used examples much below that mark now. BMW is unlikely to miss a trick in replacing it. A BMW M2 could debut in 2014.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Hmmm very nice. They need to reveal some sketches, 2014 is only a year away....seems like a short amount of time for a dedicated m car, I'm betting this is another " m parts bin " car. The 1m is great though so that may not be a bad thing...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    According to EVO Mag:

http://photos.evo.co.uk/images/front...o_565327_7.jpg

The BMW 1-series M Coupe will be replaced. The new model – an interpretation of the limited-run 2011 sports coupe – has been confirmed via a BMW Blog interview with M Division CEO Dr Friedrich Nitschke.

While the BMW M135i – a 316bhp rear-drive hot hatchback – is a pretty accomplished baby M Division product, it’s not classed as a core M car. Nitschke has dropped a serious hint that this role will be left to the next 1-series coupe, heavily rumoured to be called the 2-series.

An M2 with a tuned up version of the M135i’s 3-litre twin-turbo straight-six engine looks nigh on certain, it would seem. ‘We haven’t made a decision yet, but the 1M coupe was so successful, that in my opinion, I am absolutely sure we will build a successor’, he told bmwblog.com.

The 1-series M Coupe is one of our favourite performance cars of recent years. It beat the Porsche Cayman R and Audi TT RS in our sports coupe group test before vanquishing the Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari FF and its BMW M5 bigger brother for a heroic podium finish in evo Car of the Year 2011.

Its quality is reflected in used values; while it cost a smidge over 40,000 new, you’ll struggle to find good used examples much below that mark now. BMW is unlikely to miss a trick in replacing it. A BMW M2 could debut in 2014.
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...-four-cylinder

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I poop on your four banger.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I want a 1M sooo bad. But.... If I can't have one I suppose an M2 will work.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The 1m's on the market are way overpriced....but yea I want one too
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes, WAY overpriced.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

an M2 will cost alot less due to mass production.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    The 1m's on the market are way overpriced....but yea I want one too
    Correct.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge