Close

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    157
    Rep Points
    88.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    RPi/Akra..independent dyno?

    RPIpower: A customer in Europe tested our midpipe against his full Akrapovic exhaust. Just got this emailed to me

    Click here to enlarge


    Ok I think that they produced to more power by taking of the cats, which if done with the orginal full akra system would have yielded even more than this dyno...what do you guys think? It seems that they are acting like their x-pipe makes more power, but its obvious that the power came from removing the cats...

    its an ESS supercharger and the RPI rep even went as far as to say he has been around the world and no ones tuning is better than ESS's...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Well yes, technically their X-pipe makes more power. Yes, it does it by removing the cats mostly.

    I had the full RPI system, it is no joke, the power gains are real.

    I experienced the difference twice, having gone back to the stock system and then back to the RPI. It is night and day.

    RPI is saying ESS tuning is the best right now as they no longer carry powerchip and switched to carrying ESS. That is why you are hearing that. If ESS tuning really was the best, they would not be running scared from meeting Powerchip on the same dyno.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    39
    Rep Points
    12.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well yes, technically their X-pipe makes more power. Yes, it does it by removing the cats mostly.

    I had the full RPI system, it is no joke, the power gains are real.

    I experienced the difference twice, having gone back to the stock system and then back to the RPI. It is night and day.

    RPI is saying ESS tuning is the best right now as they no longer carry powerchip and switched to carrying ESS. That is why you are hearing that. If ESS tuning really was the best, they would not be running scared from meeting Powerchip on the same dyno.
    I agree. I too have the RPi full exhaust and the difference is really noticeable. The torque down low and how much more the engine feels alive up top is really something you'll notice immediately.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I tryed the RPI midpipe and stock mufflers, but the sound was very loud and raspy.
    Dogs did go crazy, and old ladies looked like they did get an heart attack when i was driving in city traffic.
    I did rebuild mine and added 2 small mufflers after the x-pipe ( i made a larger opening in the X-pipe)
    Now it sounds ok.
    The RPI exhaust is not for everyone...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    818
    Posts
    530
    Rep Points
    549.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure its mostly all thanks to the cat removal no big surprise there. Its an interesting comparison.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    215.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This discussion has been going on over on M5board. The RPI rep tried to say that the Akra system actually lost 7whp over the STOCK system. He also tried to state that the cats were not the main reason their system made more power over the Akra w/ cats. I called BS on that statement and told him, "A well designed exhaust system without cats on a FI engine will always make more power than a well designed system with cats. Always has and always will". Roman replied next backing up my claim. It's been quiet ever since.

    Glad to see some of the BB members recognized the reason RPI made more power is mostly because of the cats.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    This discussion has been going on over on M5board. The RPI rep tried to say that the Akra system actually lost 7whp over the STOCK system. He also tried to state that the cats were not the main reason their system made more power over the Akra w/ cats. I called BS on that statement and told him, "A well designed exhaust system without cats on a FI engine will always make more power than a well designed system with cats. Always has and always will". Roman replied next backing up my claim. It's been quiet ever since.

    Glad to see some of the BB members recognized the reason RPI made more power is mostly because of the cats.
    RPI has always been one to let the products speak and kind of the enthusiast's tuner. However, I am seeing a small shift starting to take place where they are taking sides and kind of doing some illicit marketing in saying things like what you saw.

    The Akra system is a very good system, excellent really. I'm not too happy that RPI seems to be taking the ESS route, no offense to you, in discrediting the competition. We have seen the Akra setups make power on various dynos. I know the RPI system makes power and is excellent as well (incredible value) as I had it and it put down solid numbers.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    157
    Rep Points
    88.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    +1 glad you saw it too, they unfortunately deleted my posts and banned me Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    +1 glad you saw it too, they unfortunately deleted my posts and banned me Click here to enlarge
    It's all good, you are here and can voice yourself and that is all that matters.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    157
    Rep Points
    88.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    somebody give this guy an award...
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e90...ml#post1878698

    M33

    Originally Posted by MikeWads
    Thanks for posting the graph. Good info!
    Now I know I'm losing about 20rwhp by keeping the cats on my car.


    your losing an easy 20whp, when i went with the dinan midsection and eisenman sport rear , i noticed an increase all around big time !!
    especially down low !
    FYI I'm currently runing the ESS VT2 600 hp kit But not for long ( Upgrading to the 625 kit)

    M33
    And when it comes to supercharging these cars ( yes) its all in the tune !!!! ESS is able to make Remarkable power at decent boost levels !!! Tune = power and longevity !!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,707.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    He deserves a paycheck from ESS.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •