Close

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Rb's are TD04L correct?

I'm not an expert or anything, but the Vargas look something like TD04HL spec? Rather than speculating we should just let him answer though.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    maybe they are only stage one?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brunofernandez Click here to enlarge
    maybe they are only stage one?
    So much low rep posting...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So much low rep posting...
    what is your problem man Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge
    OK, I'm now thoroughly confused.

If the "basic" stage 2 is $1,999 and the upgraded version is $2,799, what is the reference to $300 at the end of the upgraded version description?

Sorry if I'm being dense...

Neil
    Honestly, no idea where the $1999 number is coming from. On the site the stage 2's are $2499, thrust upgrade is $300 and core is $400 which you get back one we get them. Site will be getting a major overhaul soon.

Attachment 28150

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

5 out of 8 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Those are not any form of TD04 turbines whether standard, L, H, HL, etc. Could still be a cool wheel and work well, but the fact is it's not any of the TD04 variants and smaller than any of the variants as well. So not sure why it is being referred to as one. It appears to be a smaller wheel that allowed use of the original TD03 centersection and eliminated the need to re-flange the turbine housing to clear a big inducer.
    This is not correct. This is business, I do not need to reveal every spec of our wheel combo. Unfortunately Rob you do not know everything there is to know about turbine wheels, MHI or otherwise. This is a TD04 wheel, shaft, head, etc. We just had them made to our own specs, which means you are correct at least that it isn't one of the TD04 variants you mentioned, because when you have something made custom, its that custom. That's like saying a Precision turbo is not one any one of the Garrett variants. Well that's correct. Its a precision turbo based off garrett turbos, made to their own specs. But thanks for jumping in my thread and trying to tell everyone what we used.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    No problem
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...8228f426-1.jpg

I'm not joking one bit when i say that the quality of these turbos is TOP NOTCH.
    The turbine wheels certainly do seem to be significantly smaller than the RBs:

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2647/img97941.jpg

The Vargas turbine wheel has 11 fins, while the RB turbine wheel has 12 fins.
    Last edited by cstavaru; 03-20-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    The turbine wheels certainly do seem to be significantly smaller than the RBs:

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2647/img97941.jpg

The Vargas turbine wheels has 11 fins, while the RB turbine wheel has 12 fins.
    You guys can keep up your comparisons all you want. We did not use the same wheel as Rob did and we have our reasons for doing so. He took off the shelf MHI parts you can get anywhere for next to nothing, and used those(there is nothing wrong with that, we decided to have our parts made. If they end up not performing as well, we address it then, but we are confident they will. This is why you basically give 5-6 sets of turbos away at what you paid for them to do some testing.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 03-20-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Only numbers will matter in the end.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Only numbers will matter in the end.
    I agree, as long as our stage 2 can hit 500 HP, we are happy. Trying to run any stock frame turbo, ours, RB's, etc. above that level will result in premature failure no matter how you slice it. Thats just a fact.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

will the stage 2's on meth reliably make 475 whp? 430-440 whp on pump? key word: reliably? if so, then these sound really good...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

the pictures are from two different angles/perspectives which can change the perception drastically...

Do RBs hit 425 on pump? That certainly would be nice but didnt know if thats even been done yet
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I agree, as long as our stage 2 can hit 500 HP, we are happy. Trying to run any stock frame turbo, ours, RB's, etc. above that level will result in premature failure no matter how you slice it. Thats just a fact.
    Well that's disconcerting since I'm running 417rwhp on my stock turbos with meth. I'm not saying that as a slight, only that now you have me wondering when my stock turbos will grenade on me. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    will the stage 2's on meth reliably make 475 whp? 430-440 whp on pump? key word: reliably? if so, then these sound really good...
    Thats exactly what we are shooting for. They should make the number no problem. No one knows precisely a stage 2 style upgrade starts to work too hard but we do know it right around the 500 mark. They will make it and more, but pushing them that hard is very hard on them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    the pictures are from two different angles/perspectives which can change the perception drastically...

Do RBs hit 425 on pump? That certainly would be nice but didnt know if thats even been done yet
    I can confirm that with my upgraded turbos (not stating the brand - maybe it's not important) I got 370whp on a Mustang dyno on 93 octane only, while my best result on 93 + meth was ~355whp (GIAC Stage 2 Race). The best result of a FBO JB4 on 93 + meth was also ~355whp on that dyno. And also the powerband on upgraded turbos was much better after 5000RPM.

Virtual Dyno states that a Mustang result is 18% lower than a Dynojet Result. If you multiply 370 with 18% you get 435.

So...it's possible Click here to enlarge (unfortunately there are no Dynojet dynos in my country that I know of).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

With RBs I do around 430rw on pump 91, running around 16psi and 8 degrees peak advance. Have never wanted to push it further as I run E50 most of the time these days anyway.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    With RBs I do around 430rw on pump 91, running around 16psi and 8 degrees peak advance. Have never wanted to push it further as I run E50 most of the time these days anyway.
    yea same here with not really running pump, but if I could have 430 in the off months on 91 I would be more than content with that

I do however hope to push close to 500whp for track/race occasions which is why I will always rock jb4 to have great flexibility in boost control/tuning..

Few steering wheel buttons beats a complete flash change + several maps being made/paid for different fuel configs

Tony is there any further detail you can share on these perticular wheels that may help answer some questions before strangers 1,2,3,4,5,6,etc pop up in here firing obnoxous questions at ya ? lol

Ill try my best to get these installed ASAP and tuned/dynoed asap so there is data and not speculation out there though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

430 on ACN91 with RBs is pushing it (not because of boost but knock prone environment with ACN 91)...with timing correction logging across the board you'll see why..16psi with 8deg of timing will have corrections even with 93 Click here to enlarge numbers can definitely be pulled off but it won't be pretty (i.e. happy tune)
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 03-20-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Those numbers sound about right, with 500+ glory runs. But honestly and everyone knows this but maybe not want to admit it. Pushing them past 450 is just pustting them on borrowed time. There is a reason a well built turbo, has a high failure rate(according to some people), and I do not think its poor build quality. I went all out with my thrust parts to try to help, we shall see if it does.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Time will tell
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

yea same here with not really running pump, but if I could have 430 in the off months on 91 I would be more than content with that

I do however hope to push close to 500whp for track/race occasions which is why I will always rock jb4 to have great flexibility in boost control/tuning..

Few steering wheel buttons beats a complete flash change + several maps being made/paid for different fuel configs

Tony is there any further detail you can share on these perticular wheels that may help answer some questions before strangers 1,2,3,4,5,6,etc pop up in here firing obnoxous questions at ya ? lol

Ill try my best to get these installed ASAP and tuned/dynoed asap so there is data and not speculation out there though
    ChuckD Atta boy in for results Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Tony is there any further detail you can share on these perticular wheels that may help answer some questions before strangers 1,2,3,4,5,6,etc pop up in here firing obnoxous questions at ya
    They are custome made TD04 shaft with a fullback design on the inducer and 11 blade exducer. I am not going to share anything other than that. We are entitled to keep some of our specs to ourselves as other people are more than likely going to get into this game at some point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Got ya, thanks...

I ran my 135 at around 450whp on stock turbos for almost 40k miles when i bought it used with 48k without issues at all, sold it with OEM clutch and OEM turbos on it, new car was beat far less and they are smoking at 32k miles after being tuned for 10k ... seems hit or miss i guess...

I have expectations with these and they havent changed, time will tell as I work with Tony and Terry... I have them in my possession and will be installing them in the coming days.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

There is a reason that the smaller of the stage 3's is rated for around 500hp. There is also a difference between glory dyno runs, 1/4 mile runs, and road racing/tracking. Each one is progressively harder on the engine and turbo's and the only turbo's capable of a sustained 500hp on a road track would be the stage III's.

RB's and the stage II's are for drags at that level. I would say they are 400hp turbo's for tracking.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    There is a reason that the smaller of the stage 3's is rated for around 500hp. There is also a difference between glory dyno runs, 1/4 mile runs, and road racing/tracking. Each one is progressively harder on the engine and turbo's and the only turbo's capable of a sustained 500hp on a road track would be the stage III's.

RB's and the stage II's are for drags at that level. I would say they are 400hp turbo's for tracking.
    Give this man a prize...Click here to enlarge

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast