Close

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here's one of my earlier logs(i forgot i still had my lap top in the car.) Unfortunately there was some overboosting going on in this one and boost was generally 1 psi over what i was "targeting" but it's still a decent idea of what's going on. WGDC topped out under 60 up top in this log and i actually am running less WGDC up top now holding the same boost.

13.zip
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Here's one of my earlier logs(i forgot i still had my lap top in the car.) Unfortunately there was some overboosting going on in this one and boost was generally 1 psi over what i was "targeting" but it's still a decent idea of what's going on. WGDC topped out under 60 up top in this log and i actually am running less WGDC up top now holding the same boost.
    What I find strange is why does it take so much for the Vargas Stage 2 turbos to reach the target boost ? It doesn't reach the target boost until 3600RPM. The RBs reach the target boost at least 500RPM earlier, and without any lean spool enabled. Also the target boost doesn't seem to be able to be held at higher RPMs.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cstavaru Click here to enlarge
    What I find strange is why does it take so much for the Vargas Stage 2 turbos to reach the target boost ? It doesn't reach the target boost until 3600RPM. The RBs reach the target boost at least 500RPM earlier, and without any lean spool enabled. Also the target boost doesn't seem to be able to be held at higher RPMs.
    That was an early map and a second gear pull. Due to the rapid increase in local traffic and law enforcement most of my tuning has to be done in 2nd gear now Click here to enlarge

Spool has improved through some tuning and in 4th gear it spools a lot faster. However, i don't have any logs of a 4th gear pull because, quite frankly, i'm scared of the speeds the top of 4th gear would put me.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    That was an early map and a second gear pull. Due to the rapid increase in local traffic and law enforcement most of my tuning has to be done in 2nd gear now Click here to enlarge

Spool has improved through some tuning and in 4th gear it spools a lot faster. However, i don't have any logs of a 4th gear pull because, quite frankly, i'm scared of the speeds the top of 4th gear would put me.
    Looking fwd to the logs from the dyno.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice to see some data but logs from the dyno will be the easiest to make direct comparisons with.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Why isn't anyone pushing these so we can compare them to RBs?

They have been in customers hands for almost 2 months by now right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Why isn't anyone pushing these so we can compare them to RBs?

They have been in customers hands for almost 2 months by now right?
    I wont speak for anyone, but it seems from the customers I have talked to they are more interested in 200+ hp delta gains and reliability not glory runs, pushing them past the limits that have now been well established for stock frame turbos will no doubt provide similar numbers. But for how long. The thrust upgrade will help no doubt, but for how long at those RPM, heat, and Back pressure levels. We dont know yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I wont speak for anyone, but it seems from the customers I have talked to they are more interested in 200+ hp delta gains and reliability not glory runs, pushing them past the limits that have now been well established for stock frame turbos will no doubt provide similar numbers. But for how long. The thrust upgrade will help no doubt, but for how long at those RPM, heat, and Back pressure levels. We dont know yet.

that's almost as bad as chastising Shiv for stating that his customers don't drag their cars because they are simply enjoying them.

Run them at 20 psi tapering to 17 at redline E85 + meth throw it on a dynojet and let the results speak for themselves. take it to the drag strip for a run or two. a few runs won't break anything. if they do they are no better in terms of reliability over RB's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    that's almost as bad as chastising Shiv for stating that his customers don't drag their cars because they are simply enjoying them.

Run them at 20 psi tapering to 17 at redline E85 + meth throw it on a dynojet and let the results speak for themselves. take it to the drag strip for a run or two. a few runs won't break anything. if they do they are no better in terms of reliability over RB's.
    We are hardware builders, shiv is a tuner. It is his job to extract the horsepower from the products he has other people like us builds for him. I have never said his customers need to be out there racing their ST cars. That is their choice, I cannot tell my customers to run their turbos on dyno glory runs or the drag strip until they break a set. You want to do that, that's your choice you buy a set and see what you can get out of them. Everyone is happy with the power they are producing and I am not worried about them will matching RB power numbers if pushed as I am confident they will. As a hardware builder you build a product and you provide proof that it works as advertised, this is what we did with stage 1,2, and 3, we could have keep pushing stage 3 up until we broke the motor but we built a kit and proved it does what it is supposed to do, that is our job as a hardware builder. Another difference between our products and Shiv's is we allow people to use any tuner they choose. I know people have plans to race and hit the dyno in the very near future. We should see some more results soon

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It just takes some time. Remember with RBs it took months for good data to come out. We've got dyno and logs @ 19psi tapering to 16psi from radar coming so that should at least give us an idea where these stand.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I look forward to hearing more updates of these. I'd love to have some stage 2 turbos installed, though I am leaving the Bay Area in a month and I don't know whether you guys would have time. I would be yet another member of the disappointing reliability crowd. Given the boost I am pushing, these stock turbos would certainly be far more stressed at high altitude, and I am going back to Colorado. It would be nice to have something beefier for reliability sake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

17 out of 18 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Cant wait to see the out come. Good job guys

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e36ing Click here to enlarge
    Cant wait to see the out come. Good job guys
    Ooops sorry for neg rep...was meant to pos rep given your low post count and just getting on the forum...@Sticky any way to fix this?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I added a pos rep in your honor

i'll post up some new meth logs this week. I just need to clean my air filters as they are basically caked with poop. I'll probably clean those suckers tonight
    Last edited by jpsimon; 05-20-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

lol.. threw him a pos rep also.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just gave him the pos rep of life Click here to enlarge he is positive again
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol thx felt bad Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Ooops sorry for neg rep...was meant to pos rep given your low post count and just getting on the forum...@Sticky any way to fix this?
    Yep, he's good.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If all goes well in the next few days, I should have Vargas Stage 2's in my FBO car by next week. I went from JB3 -> JB4 -> COBB -> PROcede (currently). I want to essentially run 93 + 30-50% E85. I'm undecided on what to do for the tune. There is a dyno day coming June 1st, hopefully I can get some numbers for everyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you run the procede/jb, you'll need to use a flash for fueling
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

When I receive my set of stage 2's Ill be running full E85 tune and shooting for 500 awhp.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    kick ass!
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    If you run the procede/jb, you'll need to use a flash for fueling
    +1
    Also, if you're going with with an ethanol mix you're LPFP will not be unable to keep up. Even on the "conservative" side we were seeing ~500g/s of air near redline where stockers being "pushed' will typically move closer to 440g/s and in general there is a ~50g/s increase in airflow across the board. These turbos move a lot more air than stockers and will need more fueling. I'm hoping for my E40 tune that meth will provide enough of a fueling bump...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=jpsimon;458555]If you run the procede/jb, you'll need to use a flash for fueling[/QUOTE

Do you need a flash for fueling with jb/procede if just using 93 pump or 93 pump + meth? Or is it just for mixing e85?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I run 93+meth and needed it
    335xi (sold)

Click here to enlarge

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast