Close

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Matt or @itsbrokenagain is doing the work. He is about an hour from my house but he is close with Tony and a seasoned vette with this car... he worked on LM's RB 335 and many other NE guys cars from here. He will certainly do the right there here....

The sad thing is I OG had planned to use Matt to start, but bc of his distance from my house and our availability and impatience on my part I went to BMW... BUT I didnt even know he was exacty who he was... BC he used to be matt@cambertoe and I used him before with my 135i and had I put two and two together than i undoubtingly would of went to him to start. I just knew his sn from this board and saw him say he swapped 10+ sets of turbos on the N54.. but didnt know it was the same guy from camber toe.

Right now we are just waiting on a few things to arrive back in our hands and some parts I ordered from ticscher. I really dont know exactly when it will be but I am guessing atleast 2 weeks away still to be honest. A few things need to happen that cant happen over night but it'll all work out in the end.

The whole thing with BMW is still an unknown, and I still need to refrain from saying anything further regarding details. But I can say they have done nothing to help.
    I feel for ya man. And even with what happened aside, i know what its like to be so close but yet feel so far.. youre right it will all work out in the end. Best of luck with getting the parts youre waiting for and getting back in the seat of that bad chicken! It its any solace, you should still be finished before me Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks guys, Im beyond stressing or really pressing to get it back to be honest... It will be done when its done lol

if anyone has a set of koseis theyre not using lmk, I could use two for the front for a track setup... have two with hooiser dr's on em now... one last step to good times to take

i also have a vbox so i can get 60-130s but really no great spots with these 3 percent slopes to get killer times, best spot local is .7 downslope
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any updates from the beta stg2 guys?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Only update from me is I have a few thousand miles on the turbos, still haven't had any smoking at all, and no rattle of course. Haven't had time for another dyno yet. Hopefully some of the other guys can post up some new info.

If I were Tony I'd just release em. I think Dzenno said he'll be tuning a local car to him with these soon
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    Only update from me is I have a few thousand miles on the turbos, still haven't had any smoking at all, and no rattle of course. Haven't had time for another dyno yet. Hopefully some of the other guys can post up some new info.

If I were Tony I'd just release em. I think Dzenno said he'll be tuning a local car to him with these soon
    JP, thanks as always for your quick updates. I am going to release them. With the info gleaned from the betas I was able to implement a few changes into the production units and I think we are ready to start shipping. The first sets will be going out this week and the rest to follow next week and the week after.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    JP, thanks as always for your quick updates. I am going to release them. With the info gleaned from the betas I was able to implement a few changes into the production units and I think we are ready to start shipping. The first sets will be going out this week and the rest to follow next week and the week after.
    What changes do you have planned for production units?
    2008 E92 335i- HP: 423 TRQ: 453 - Sold
    Vishnu- Pocede
    Active Autowerke - Intercooler
    Active Autowerke - Charge pipe/BOV
    Active Autowerke - 3" Downpipes
    Active Autowerke - Signature Exhaust
    BMS -DCI

2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- JB4 (EWG/E85/OBDII Canbus)
    BMS- Intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    What changes do you have planned for production units?
    Nothing sexy, different machining technique for a few of the surfaces, small change to the oiling system, things like that. Batch 2 will have some sexier changes as options. But we are a good 2-3 months away from there. But we already have 2 people on the pre-order list and I haven't even offcially announced it yet... haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Nothing sexy, different machining technique for a few of the surfaces, small change to the oiling system, things like that. Batch 2 will have some sexier changes as options. But we are a good 2-3 months away from there. But we already have 2 people on the pre-order list and I haven't even offcially announced it yet... haha
    lol that sounds awesome, congrats tony happy for you and your business. I always wondered, would machining and shaving the inside of the turbine housing free up some more air? or would it just make the turbos weaker and add a possibility to crack? Is there anything that could be done to the stock frame turbos like adding a meth bung to them directly?

sorry bored at work random questions
    2008 E92 335i- HP: 423 TRQ: 453 - Sold
    Vishnu- Pocede
    Active Autowerke - Intercooler
    Active Autowerke - Charge pipe/BOV
    Active Autowerke - 3" Downpipes
    Active Autowerke - Signature Exhaust
    BMS -DCI

2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- JB4 (EWG/E85/OBDII Canbus)
    BMS- Intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

5 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'll make a new thread later when i get the dyno charts and a few hours of sleep(lol) but i figured i'd share the results today from the dyno session with Jake.

93 octane + 100% meth(1.0 and .9 nozzles)
    FBO + VTT stage 2 "baseline" 305.5rwhp 312.2rwtq
    My ATR map 459.9rwhp 494rwtq
    Jake's map 472.3rwhp 498.4rwtq

This is a "daily driver" map. 19psi peak tapering to 15psi at redline. Nothing super aggressive and the curves are absolutely beautiful. We made those numbers after SEVERAL 4th gear pulls of playing around everything still looked spot on. Unfortunately, after that many pulls heat soaking was becoming a serious issue and the curves looked so good we decided to call it quits there. Once cooled back down the car may pick up a little more power but we didn't have time to let it cool down. I didn't have any e85 to mix so those numbers will just have to wait for another time.

Just from what i've seen of other cars on the same dyno the VTT stage 2s must provide a little "bump" even on stock mapping because Jakes car(and others) make 260whp baseline on that dyno when stock... but that's neither here nor there.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oooooooh could line up well for me then ;D

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I'll make a new thread later when i get the dyno charts and a few hours of sleep(lol) but i figured i'd share the results today from the dyno session with Jake.

This is a "daily driver" map. 19psi peak tapering to 15psi at redline. Nothing super aggressive and the curves are absolutely beautiful. We made those numbers after SEVERAL 4th gear pulls of playing around everything still looked spot on. Unfortunately, after that many pulls heat soaking was becoming a serious issue and the curves looked so good we decided to call it quits there. Once cooled back down the car may pick up a little more power but we didn't have time to let it cool down. I didn't have any e85 to mix so those numbers will just have to wait for another time.

Just from what i've seen of other cars on the same dyno the VTT stage 2s must provide a little "bump" even on stock mapping because Jakes car(and others) make 260whp baseline on that dyno when stock... but that's neither here nor there.
    awesome! 470rw is nothing to sneeze at

460 from your own map is a really not bad effort either!
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Do u plan on running this setup at the track? Would love to see the numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    good $#@!!!

BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Toxic 335 Click here to enlarge
    Do u plan on running this setup at the track? Would love to see the numbers.
    Unfortunately, i don't really hit the track. The nearest 1/4 mile track to me is 2 1/2 hours and that's a little far to drive to risk (probably)breaking something. My next mods will be the diff lock down kit and DSS axles and/or LSD. So when that's installed i might give the track a shot.

Even in a 6sp car Jake said the car should run sub-11.4s if traction isn't an issue.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    awesome! 470rw is nothing to sneeze at

460 from your own map is a really not bad effort either!
    Yeah, i gotta admit it felt pretty good being as close as i was. The ATR map was a little different than the one i posted numbers on earlier, but it wasn't anything i changed that should've affected power much(if it all.)

Even though our maps were within ~13whp Jake's map made more power running less WGDC, so that's just doubly awesome and another reason why I'll only trust my car to Jake.

If anyone is the least bit unsure of Jake or PTF i challenge you to just spend 5 minutes talking to Jake. You'll be blown away and if you're not friends by the end of the conversation then there is a problem with you lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow! Great numbers rader!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Damn, I knew Jake was going to be at Moore's doing some tuning, but didn't know he'd be working on your car! I would have come over to meet you.

And, yeah -- he's a great guy and really knows his stuff.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge
    Damn, I knew Jake was going to be at Moore's doing some tuning, but didn't know he'd be working on your car! I would have come over to meet you.

And, yeah -- he's a great guy and really knows his stuff.

Neil
    Yeah, i'd love to meet you Neil and check out your monster!!! I'll be back up for bimmerfest(or before) so if your there we'll definitely have to chat.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Results sound really promising! When you post the charts be sure to also throw up a log of boost, timing, and duty cycle for analysis.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll make a new thread later when i get the dyno charts and a few hours of sleep(lol) but i figured i'd share the results today from the dyno session with Jake.93 octane + 100% meth(1.0 and .9 nozzles)FBO + VTT stage 2 "baseline" 305.5rwhp 312.2rwtqMy ATR map 459.9rwhp 494rwtqJake's map 472.3rwhp 498.4rwtqThis is a "daily driver" map. 19psi peak tapering to 15psi at redline. Nothing super aggressive and the curves are absolutely beautiful. We made those numbers after SEVERAL 4th gear pulls of playing around everything still looked spot on. Unfortunately, after that many pulls heat soaking was becoming a serious issue and the curves looked so good we decided to call it quits there. Once cooled back down the car may pick up a little more power but we didn't have time to let it cool down. I didn't have any e85 to mix so those numbers will just have to wait for another time.Just from what i've seen of other cars on the same dyno the VTT stage 2s must provide a little "bump" even on stock mapping because Jakes car(and others) make 260whp baseline on that dyno when stock... but that's neither here nor there.
    Nice! Please post logs of your 460 vs 470 pulls.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jake has all the datalog from the day. It's completely up to him if he wants to post his logs, I believe in sharing information but at the same time all the work is Jake's so it's not mine to share.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Zero transparency with cobb owners these days. Always have to hear this nonsense about its the tuners information....Bull$#@!, its your car, your numbers and it's not like we are asking you to upload the map he used for others to try, the IP is still protected when you post basic logging info.

Edit: If you do not want to post the logs that is one thing (for any reason) but for the reason to be that the tuner doesn't want logs posted that is complete crap. I mean it;s obvious that you are not pushing them to the limits so it is kind of a moot point but still having basic logging info on these new turbos will benefit the community as a whole.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Zero transparency with cobb owners these days. Always have to hear this nonsense about its the tuners information....Bull$#@!, its your car, your numbers and it's not like we are asking you to upload the map he used for others to try, the IP is still protected when you post basic logging info.
    Somehow boost levels, advance, AFR, and duty cycle, the basic tuning information, is somehow top secret information to these guys. lol. It's not like we're asking for (or have any interest in) their map. Maybe boost, afr, and advance is all they change and they don't want people to find out? Click here to enlarge

Anyway Jake is a good guy I'm sure he understands where we are coming from here. We want to evaluate how these turbos perform compared to RBs.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL I never said the datalogs are a secret or have intentions to hide anything. I don't have the datalogs from yesterday and I haven't made any mention of them to Jake. I'll be happy to upload a log of my map tomorrow when I get back to my computer.

Everyone should just chill Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Zero transparency with cobb owners these days.
    Cobb owners or Vargas owners ? Click here to enlarge I think there are plenty of Cobb logs around. I can post RB Cobb logs if you need (I have already posted some logs in the Cobb ATR thread).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Maybe boost, afr, and advance is all they change and they don't want people to find out? Click here to enlarge
    Well, your JB4 only changes 2 out of the 3 parameters you mentioned, and even that in not so great ways, so it's even worse. And besides, what else there is more to change besides the boost, AFR and timing ? Maybe VANOS but many cars don't have the vanos system at all and do just fine with only boost, AFR and timing tuning.

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast