Close

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Yeah Chuck what happened to your car was seriously messed up. I hope they make good with you on it. Click here to enlarge
    His pump, rail and turbos are on the way to Tony....hopefully this time around everything will be legit!

Might need your help with setting up some kinda tuning with this once I get it all back together :-/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    His pump, rail and turbos are on the way to Tony....hopefully this time around everything will be legit!

Might need your help with setting up some kinda tuning with this once I get it all back together :-/
    Why are the turbos going back?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Yeah should be no problem. I'll have the same parts on our 135i in a few weeks also for some base line testing.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Why are the turbos going back?
    Because it looks like thew installer drove his car with no or low oil and took out the motor, no oil to the motor means no oil to the turbos. I am curious to see how they look inside when I get the back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Because it looks like thew installer drove his car with no or low oil and took out the motor, no oil to the motor means no oil to the turbos. I am curious to see how they look inside when I get the back.
    Not to mention he took the turbos apart and put the vband clamp in the wrong spot, causing the center section to be off angle with the turbine housing. Wheel locked up, wouldnt even spin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony how much boost were you running on Mike's car?
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    Tony how much boost were you running on Mike's car?
    22+ but the biggest killer was holding them too high up top to try to get past the initial clutch slip at full TQ. I figured since I was doing the install on Mike's car I could afford to really push them well past where they should be to see what happens. Part of the beta program, trying to break stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So what the safe boost level for these turbos? Midrange to peak at 21PSI then taper to 19PSI?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    22+ but the biggest killer was holding them too high up top to try to get past the initial clutch slip at full TQ. I figured since I was doing the install on Mike's car I could afford to really push them well past where they should be to see what happens. Part of the beta program, trying to break stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    So what the safe boost level for these turbos? Midrange to peak at 21PSI then taper to 19PSI?
    No stock frame turbo with the turbine housing size of the N54 will live a long healthy life at 19psi peak, I don't care what internals you stuff in there. You can run them for a while sure. But they life will be truncated, if a bigger turbine housing was used they would easily make that and last, as it would bring the back pressure and extreme heat down. D is working on some tunes right now for the stage 1's and stage 2's and so far the results seem very exciting based on some very low boost settings. To answer your question we do not recommend more then 17 psi to redline for extended periods of time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In for the vidoes/comments on turbo spooling loudness. @rader1 @jpsimon comparable to this RB video? Louder/Quieter?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not to mention he took the turbos apart and put the vband clamp in the wrong spot, causing the center section to be off angle with the turbine housing. Wheel locked up, wouldnt even spin.
    Dude are you f'n serious?! ?!?!?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    In for the vidoes/comments on turbo spooling loudness. @rader1 @jpsimon comparable to this RB video? Louder/Quieter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yot0fypvUQo
    sounds pretty similar
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Fyi this is competition BMW in Smithtown NY. Installers name is Roberto. He has all the M Certs so all the M owners have the privilege of having this mastermind touch your car.

Matt, I'm gonna stop by tomorrow. Gotta grab a few things and Go over a few details.

I'm no longer friends with the foreman who put me on to him. Would have loved to know he f'ed that up too

Not sure what I did to deserve this lol

╮(╯_╰)╭

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Fyi this is competition BMW in Smithtown NY. Installers name is Roberto. He has all the M Certs so all the M owners have the privilege of having this mastermind touch your car.

Matt, I'm gonna stop by tomorrow. Gotta grab a few things and Go over a few details.

I'm no longer friends with the foreman who put me on to him. Would have loved to know he f'ed that up too

Not sure what I did to deserve this lol

╮(╯_╰)╭
    Wow Chuck, had no idea you were local. Thanks for the heads up on where to stay away from. Hopefully everything works out for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    VERY similar spool sound
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

While, i'm here i'll give a little update. I've put a lot of miles on the car over the weekend(still no rattle or smoke) and tuning with ATR is going very well. I'm working on getting everything nailed down 100% on a few different tunes and then i'll get a dyno scheduled.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To answer your question we do not recommend more then 17 psi to redline for extended periods of time.
    Thats still a healthly amount over stock. I am hoping for a race map for fun, then a conserative 17psi map for daily use.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No stock frame turbo with the turbine housing size of the N54 will live a long healthy life at 19psi peak, I don't care what internals you stuff in there. You can run them for a while sure. But they life will be truncated, if a bigger turbine housing was used they would easily make that and last, as it would bring the back pressure and extreme heat down. D is working on some tunes right now for the stage 1's and stage 2's and so far the results seem very exciting based on some very low boost settings. To answer your question we do not recommend more then 17 psi to redline for extended periods of time.
    To clarify, you're referring to the boost in the high rpm's, 5800+ right? So 18psi from 3500-5800 tapering to 16psi after 6000rpm would be perfectly safe on this size turbo?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just a thing to keep in mind, stock frame turbos see about 3.5x the intake pressure on the exhaust side at 6k rpm so at 17psi you guys will be hitting 59.5psi at the exhaust manifold..if you're killing it day in day out that backpressure coupled with heat will eventually take a toll so tune accordingly..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any pressure ratio measurements on the big twins @ 28psi yet?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Any pressure ratio measurements on the big twins @ 28psi yet?
    None yet that I know of but naturally way lower I'm sure.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you have time to measure since it already has an EGT bung in it that you could hijack for pressure measurement it would be interesting to see.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @ChuckD05 yea come by tomorrow in the afternoon. Your motor is still MIA, dono whats up with that...is it coming from Cali?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I saw documentation pics. It's on it's way. I'll call the tracking number in the morning. Just call me please. Way easier.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is awesome I am very interested.
    The stage 1s seem to be great and these stg2 look great too. and holy crazy numbers from the stg 3s
    Been looking into options for upgrade/replacement very soon. Gotta figure out which level Vargas I wanna get.

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast