Close

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Plot the dynojet file by road speed instead of RPM to see if it smooths out.

Terry,

Is this a common problem with XI's on the dyno?
    I ask becuase I'm headed to this dynojet tomorrow night.
    Thx
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sunoco Grasmere are not only clueless about BMW, they hate them even! I also go there for M1 and race gas, and I chuckle at the contempt they show for BMWs. Jerry asked me about my car and I gave him some approximate dyno figures. His reply "Oh, I didn't know a BMW could have that much power." Then he questioned the veracity of the figures. One day he told me casually that his stock S4 beat an E60 M5 quite easily on the highway. I suggested the M5 wasn't really pushing his car. "Oh no, he was struggling hard to keep up, but they are just not very fast." LOL, are you kidding me? Not the place to ask for tuning advice on our cars, but he does have race gas and a dyno. Clean shop, just a grumpy crowd with a strong bias.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    Lol, not to derail but I'm in Stamford and was going to swing by ICS to dyno my previous 08 xi and now current 11 xi and every time I hear something about them, it's never very good. I called about throwing in a downpipe in my 11' XI (cuz I'm lazy) and he wanted some ridiculous amount of hours at whatever labor rate that put the install at something like $800. So I said, "um, no thanks".

Grasmere Sunoco is ok too. They've done some work for me long ago on other cars and I go there to get my VP M1 meth. They have a Dyno Dynamics AWD dyno BTW. I'm still thinking about throwing my tune+meth '11 on there for giggles. They do some decent work on clients cars like GT-Rs and AMGs when I pop in there from time to time for Meth or gas. Didn't seem all that interested in BMWs though when I last talked to Greg. I don't think they realize how popular the N54/N55s have become.
    If you need a good shop nearby contact ACI Dynamix. They have great prices and the quality of their work is awesome. They're in Seymour, CT which is around a 30-45 minute drive from where I live so not too bad at all. Last summer I had them do my xi downpipes, FMIC, and a full brake kit. ICS quoted me $800 for the downpipe and fmic, AfterFX in Stamford quoted me $950 for the downpipe and FMIC, and ACI Dynamix was under $800 for the downpipe, fmic, slotted rotors, hawk hps pads, ss brake lines, ATE super blue fluid, and bedding in the brakes. Let me know if you want the owners number so you can contact him. He should take care of you and give you a great price if you tell him Peter with the grey 335xi sent you.
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i'm not a dyno-jedi-master... but i am still running my winter wheels/tires. 225/45 blizzak's - i wonder if that could have added to the strangeness on the dyno
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Terry,

Is this a common problem with XI's on the dyno?
    I ask becuase I'm headed to this dynojet tomorrow night.
    Thx
    The dynojet we use does RWD only so I don't have any first hand experience with an AWD dynojet. But seems like a tach pickup issue to me rather than an inherent dynojet issue.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    @JoshBoody

can you publicly post your cobb procede flash file and explain it and or how to make adjustments??
    Basically you just up the base map and can tune as close to the piggy output as you want. I run 14psi non-meth and 16psi on meth, so my base mapping is around 10psi with a minimal fuel scaler added. For JP, I’d set his base higher. I then use some slight pressure bias... maybe 1/4 max of what piggy alone would use to keep my trims close to zero at higher loads. AFR is set in the flash and base timing is set aggressive... I do use CPS for conservative timing off meth and some adv on meth. These are the basics that will get you rolling.

I will do some experiments soon in zeroing the pressure bias (using more scalar) and a more linear base throttle mapping to 100% pedal… just curious and little different approach in the nuances.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    AP ordered
    wish i saw this earlier you could have borrowed mine... im not really using it ..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Basically you just up the base map and can tune as close to the piggy output as you want. I run 14psi non-meth and 16psi on meth, so my base mapping is around 10psi with a minimal fuel scaler added. For JP, I’d set his base higher. I then use some slight pressure bias... maybe 1/4 max of what piggy alone would use to keep my trims close to zero at higher loads. AFR is set in the flash and base timing is set aggressive... I do use CPS for conservative timing off meth and some adv on meth. These are the basics that will get you rolling.

I will do some experiments soon in zeroing the pressure bias (using more scalar) and a more linear base throttle mapping to 100% pedal… just curious and little different approach in the nuances.
    I will have to ask you more as I get closer... anything for the flatline for at's? what if I want to run 18 psi on meth, 18.5 psi on e85 down low with timing maxed and have an aggressive 93 map? Can I have fueling maps for all of this to work in conjunction with the 'cede?
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TLO03 Click here to enlarge
    wish i saw this earlier you could have borrowed mine... im not really using it ..
    thanks anyways!
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I will have to ask you more as I get closer... anything for the flatline for at's? what if I want to run 18 psi on meth, 18.5 psi on e85 down low with timing maxed and have an aggressive 93 map? Can I have fueling maps for all of this to work in conjunction with the 'cede?
    I have an idea for flatlining, but I never had an issue to test it (i'm MT though). Theoretically you can tune for 50% E85 and be able to run 20%+ swings. LTFT do a good job at lower loads and 34% adds a lot of flexibility. But to optimize you generally want STFT to add fuel... if they are negative you can run rich... no biggy, just not as smooth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    I have an idea for flatlining, but I never had an issue to test it (i'm MT though). Theoretically you can tune for 50% E85 and be able to run 20%+ swings. LTFT do a good job at lower loads and 34% adds a lot of flexibility. But to optimize you generally want STFT to add fuel... if they are negative you can run rich... no biggy, just not as smooth.
    do you have the walbro lpfp? I can get one installed for cheap... I think this is a necessity at this point.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    No worries there I will be doing mine without meth. I am doing the big install on Friday, the car should be done next week then I have to brake-in the clutch.
    Is Ivo doing your install?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    Is Ivo doing your install?
    Yes sir he is installing everything like he did with the 08, but this time with Vargas stage 2s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    Yes sir he is installing everything like he did with the 08, but this time with Vargas stage 2s.
    Good choice!

I just may have to swing by on Friday to have a peek.......I figure I will be replacing my stockers by end of summer and I have my eye on these.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @jpsimon
    Can you attach the csv file(preferebly as a zip, if possible) of your log?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You probably don't want to look at my logs, everything will be much different with the cobb+procede combo. My logs are sort of pointless until things are worked out.

that being said, my accessport is being delivered today! so new logs will come soon
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rader, are your turbos going in today?
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you going to try using COBB as the main tune and the Procede as a gauge hacker/meth controller?

You know, just to try it out Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm going to use it in the way that JoshBoody has been using it, since he's the one helping me out. More details after it's all up and running. But yes the procede will of course control meth
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah the delays are reasonable but us forum folks are just so damn impatient Click here to enlarge Patience, where art thou?
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what do we have here? soon fueling won't be an issue

Click here to enlarge
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any plans to dyno without meth just to see the gains?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, once everything is working perfectly I'll be back on the dyno again and i'll be sure to include a pump-only run. I won't be back to a dyno for a few weeks though as I'm not around the next couple weekends.
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    what do we have here? soon fueling won't be an issue

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...1f9e4d_7-1.jpg
    Solid choice going with COBB, def offers a lot more flexibility going forward. Are you only going to be running pump gas (and meth), or are you planning on ever using E85?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I tried e85 at one point and it was awesome, but it isn't accessible where i live so no i don't plan on using it unless more pumps pop up.
    BSM 340xi M-Sport

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast