Close

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Someone said it earlier, but you can get test pipes ~$300 or just have a exhaust shop cut out both cats (and maybe even gut the rear section) for the same price
    ah fair enough

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    In all honesty - you really only need a front cat delete to get most of the power gains these are about the priciest you can find: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-13...at-delete.aspx

Yes, all cats removed is best, but with the above, you get the majority of the power. You can find cheap (very) pipes on eBay, and probably could have someone who knows exhaust do it for even less. You can gain more with an x-pipe (whatever - remove the rear cats) - but the fronts are where the power restriction is. You don't need an AA (or whatever brand) titanium/stainless full exhaust to get the power. Yeah, the Full kit is nicer cosmetically, has nicer sound, etc. - but for what you are after - wouldn't make sense (money/hp). Just because the majority of M3 owners seem to post more about expensive products doesn't mean cheap alternatives don't exist.

Pereonally, given the choice - i think nearly everyone would take a full exhaust if it was the same price as a decatted pipe replacement... for the exact same reason the person would spend more for the engineered/daily driver/packaged option.
    fair enough, so you're talking 'cheapest' option rather than 'most realistic for someone to buy'... - as you mention, the full exhaust is a little more desirable... OTOH for example, i'd rather go the cheapest best intercooler over a $1000 BMW tax one

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    ah fair enough
    Yea, I mean if you don't mind noise/drone/boomy-exhaust, the cheapest option is you're home-made, 2.5" straight pipes (no cats/resonators). And if you wanna be fancy, just mate it to a OEM rear section.

The biggest reason a lot of the exhaust parts are costly (whether it's the Eisenmann/Challenge E9x M3 midsections, or the AR Design DPs), it's build quality & fitment. It's so much easier to bite the bullet on pricing for a simple, bolt-on part that swaps right in.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yea, I mean if you don't mind noise/drone/boomy-exhaust, the cheapest option is you're home-made, 2.5" straight pipes (no cats/resonators). And if you wanna be fancy, just mate it to a OEM rear section.

The biggest reason a lot of the exhaust parts are costly (whether it's the Eisenmann/Challenge E9x M3 midsections, or the AR Design DPs), it's build quality & fitment. It's so much easier to bite the bullet on pricing for a simple, bolt-on part that swaps right in.
    nah just gut the cats/res/muffler and run the most ghetto 'straight pipe' known to man ahah. no, don't Click here to enlarge

well, any good muffler/exhaust shop can fully custom make you one for a few $hundred and it will fit perfectly, a major part of an OTS one is the specific sound they spent many MANY hours creating.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

nah just gut the cats/res/muffler and run the most ghetto 'straight pipe' known to man ahah. no, don't Click here to enlarge

well, any good muffler/exhaust shop can fully custom make you one for a few $hundred and it will fit perfectly, a major part of an OTS one is the specific sound they spent many MANY hours creating.
    As much as I like my E92 stock exhaust with some of the packing removed. I'm still wanting to go with a single exhaust.

Something custom with this muffler: http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...oducts_id=2141

I think a single 3.5" would sound a lot better than the duals; but I dunno, no real evidence to back that up for this platform.

Point being, there's not really many options for E92 exhausts, and the 'options' are all very expensive. There's no magic to the Eisenman (sp?) exhausts of the world. $2500 for an exhaust on a $20k car is absolutely insane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    As much as I like my E92 stock exhaust with some of the packing removed. I'm still wanting to go with a single exhaust.

Something custom with this muffler: http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...oducts_id=2141

I think a single 3.5" would sound a lot better than the duals; but I dunno, no real evidence to back that up for this platform.

Point being, there's not really many options for E92 exhausts, and the 'options' are all very expensive. There's no magic to the Eisenman (sp?) exhausts of the world. $2500 for an exhaust on a $20k car is absolutely insane.
    fair enough, it'd be interesting to see a difference if any, in sounds of single vs dual

$2500 is definitely insane, i like the berk exhausts not only because they sound nice, but they also don't cost the world like the german tuners think it's worth...

i mean, i REALLY wanted a laptorr for my N52, but, yeah, couldn't justify $2500 haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Open your mind and learn something. There are things going on outside the USA, really.
    I'm well aware. Didnt know this was a m3 vs 335 pricing thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

HPF gen 2? $1400

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I sold my vanguard bc I hated the sound, now I love the OEM exhaust. You guys are better off buying used, there are always people posting part outs.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    HPF gen 2? $1400
    Sounds like ass with downpipes. There's just a resonator on there, no muffler.

I'm figuring the VTT Stg3s are going to change the exhaust note significantly as the exhaust housings are much larger and the manifolds much better than stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I'm figuring the VTT Stg3s are going to change the exhaust note significantly as the exhaust housings are much larger and the manifolds much better than stock.
    Stage 3 car has an HKS exhaust on it, they are known for being quiet. It beefed up the exhaust note quite a bit, but nothing crazy. Those tiny stock frame housings are like mini mufflers...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

But it would be a great place to start, you can add a muffler to it.

Just an idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

But it would be a great place to start, you can add a muffler to it.

Just an idea.
    id buy vrsf and change out there muffler cheaper start there than hpf....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    id buy vrsf and change out there muffler cheaper start there than hpf....
    I didn't know VRSF had a single released!?!? Ill go check it out.

Great idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Stage 3 car has an HKS exhaust on it, they are known for being quiet. It beefed up the exhaust note quite a bit, but nothing crazy. Those tiny stock frame housings are like mini mufflers...Click here to enlarge
    Awesome, and yeah the first thing every turbo upgrade I've done to a car (or a friend's car), the bigger the exhaust housing, the louder it gets. I remember how loud the RX-7s got with T4 1.0 A/R housings. (like a lawn-mower blasting in your ear lol)

And VRSF has a single? Gotta go check this out.

EDIT: yeah that's an AMS clone (or replacement as I don't think the AMS is made anymore).

I remember seeing that released and thinking (hey that's the muffler type I wanted to use) and then found the AMS pictures.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

"The VRSF 3.5" Street Exhaust merges the two downpipe connections into one 3.5" which shaves about 42 lbs of total weight over the OEM exhaust."

That right there would be a huge selling point if true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I didn't know VRSF had a single released!?!? Ill go check it out.

Great idea.
    They are coming out with an updated version soon as well....And the way they built the exhaust itll mate up to the current "Version 1" as well....

So pretty much VSRF is making a few different piece together options that will all mate up to each other....Should be fun in case you the setup is too loud, or you get bored or dont like the setup, etc...Options are good...Pricing is dirt cheap too btw lol
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    They are coming out with an updated version soon as well....And the way they built the exhaust itll mate up to the current "Version 1" as well....

So pretty much VSRF is making a few different piece together options that will all mate up to each other....Should be fun in case you the setup is too loud, or you get bored or dont like the setup, etc...Options are good...Pricing is dirt cheap too btw lol

What kind of options? Resonators or something?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

cheapest 'm3 exhaust' on ebay is $650 for mids. not shipped.
    look up the sosi Xpipe, but again, your referring to rear exhaust, im talking front section. rear is not needed performance wise because as you said, no power to be had.

considering YOUR price difference, its a much bigger gap, luckily, we dont have those issues yet

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

so you're talking 'cheapest' option rather than 'most realistic for someone to buy'..
    you used that methodology when buying N54 parts though...
    realistic is in my favor. people that are "performance" orientedwould certainly want the cheapest option, I have them and they work perfectly
    and mine dont drone or boom with valves closed, so its more of an issue with the rear exhaust than front/X

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I sold my vanguard bc I hated the sound, now I love the OEM exhaust. You guys are better off buying used, there are always people posting part outs.
    lol, told you
    me and @dzenno@protuningfreaks
    said the same thing, yougain some refinement back that you didnt realize how much you missed.. but again, a valved setup is perfect.. 400 for catless X, 500 for valved rear. dual purpose, best of both worlds Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Some of the sh*t being said in the last 2-3 pages of this thread is just ludicrous. I had to double check if I ws on a BMW forum. You would almost think you were on some ricer forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    look up the sosi Xpipe, but again, your referring to rear exhaust, im talking front section. rear is not needed performance wise because as you said, no power to be had.

considering YOUR price difference, its a much bigger gap, luckily, we dont have those issues yet
    I thought most dynos still list it as a few hp muffler only still?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you used that methodology when buying N54 parts though...
    realistic is in my favor. people that are "performance" orientedwould certainly want the cheapest option, I have them and they work perfectly

and mine dont drone or boom with valves closed, so its more of an issue with the rear exhaust than front/X
    no i didn't, 'cheapest' for n54 gets you Basic FBO for way less (well, bms DP for $300, big tom for $300, charge pipe $300, jb4 <$500.. So <$1500)

Fair enough, if it works it works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

no i didn't, 'cheapest' for n54 gets you Basic FBO for way less (well, bms DP for $300, big tom for $300, charge pipe $300, jb4 <$500.. So <$1500)

Fair enough, if it works it works
    You can't argue JB4 (or PROcede) is part of your cheapest FBO setup because you're still going to need a flash (the COBB) to make real fueling/timing adjustments to maximize safe power. ESPECIALLY if you're gonna start throwing around E85-power numbers.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast