Close

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    get the car chuck?
    I fell alseep before he called... i was exhausted... picking it up around 7pm today after he gets home from work
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R3dnax Click here to enlarge
    sounds about right, Denmark is a few percentage worse off then us.

We can import cars but we have to pay VAT 25% on the value of the car and also if i wanted it registrated i would have to pay taxes and duty. and this is what is killing us.. example a 335i at approx $30.000 from germany and to get it registrated i would have to pay $7500 for vat and then tax/duty to the goverment would be somewhere around $30-40.000. the taxes and duties are regualted by emmisons, weight and how old the car is. so basicly the less motor the cheaper it would be..
    What's the purpose? Money for government? So what an M3 is like a freaking exotic over there?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What's the purpose? Money for government? So what an M3 is like a freaking exotic over there?
    *raises hand* M3's are exotic here for sure, it's not 100% the same head snap as a lambo or ferrari.. but they're almost as rare to actually see driving around.... in fact, in the last year i've seen/heard more ferrari/lambo than M3... though i've seen probably 5-10 1M's *shrug* - in a similar vein, i've only seen.. all of about 2-3 C63 AMG's, and a small handful of other AMG's in general (though they're waaaaaay more expensive than an M3)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    well yea, CF is much better that that fake wood $#@!. but hey, its just one of those things the M owner doesnt ned to "upgrade"
    M3's come factory unoptioned with CF now? either one of the cars we're talking about has to spend $1000-$1200 odd for CF trims...

you been in an M? the seats are completely different, so uh, yea.. whats that "upgrade" cost? i mean, your comparing 2 very close cars for the performance aspect of it. the nonM seats are subpar to the Ms, so i consider that an added benefit.. we are talking total $ to "perform" the same right..
    seats? yeah i've sat in them, i didn't notice a huge difference, either way, the M3 still benefits from a BMWP seat (proper recaros) upgrade just the same Click here to enlarge
    .. and like i said, if seats are a major concern., BOTH cars need upgrading for proper track use..

well, we can talk auto and DCT if you like, one requires a rebuild for 500+, one does not. BUT lets talk 6MT, how well does that N54 clutch last vs the M's..? oh, need to spend more money again?
    well the N54 has a buttload more torque than the M3, which is what ACTUALLY kills it(the clutch), so i can't call that a downside, regardless, either one will be upgraded eventually even if you don't do it off-the-bat in the M3 (and going above 600hp it seems you do? Click here to enlarge ) -

price of what?
    price of the car itself.

what? are you in the US or EU?
    I'm in Australia, so best of both worlds (bar being RHD lol)

500 is now "near" realistic? so i guess its NOT realistic then.
    well if we're going to DEMAND 500whp on the dot, you're going to need that exhaust on top of the ESS 585 Click here to enlarge,.. .or make a few (not exactly cheap) changes to the 550 kit

who is talking about "scummy" fuels. 91 is the best in some areas, 93 in others, E85 some places.. great performance is available from the s65 on any of them, N54 eh, not so much
    if you only have 91, you shouldn't chase power realistically, it will cost you broken expensive things... or require a VERY efficient (re: expensive) kit to make up for the lack of octane... OR spray meth or something, all ++$$ for ANY SETUP.

i haven't seen any 'great' performance on 91 from an unopened cheaper sc kit on the S65, got any proof? .. best i've found is 525whp with a full exhaust in a setup (gintani) that costs about $16-18k all up ($15k in the blower setup itself +exhaust depending on what you'd want from it)

so if we're going to talk max performance in a no-budget setup, 571 whp from the VTT3's on the N54 takes the cake no?.. and what's that? it's still cheaper than the 525hp 91 setup on the S65? oh.

total cost of a 500hp e9x is precisely what i've already mentioned, absolutely nothing has changed Click here to enlarge

exhaust=$400, added 20-30rwhp

ohhhhhhhhh you're from the moon! a magical land where you can not only get an exhaust for $400, but it will also add 20-30rwhp? how come i can only find dynos showing 5-10 best BEST case... and even a custom stainless mandrel ehxhuast + xpipe NO MUFFLERS wouldn't be far off $1000. stop trolling.

bam 490-500hp on pump 93 all day.. you were saying?

and when we use real numbers, we'd be looking AT LEAST at the $10k mark still, so, what's your point? you finally agree the N54 can hit 500rwhp for less money than the S65?

but you would be overpaying at 10,500, so lets say at $9k..

fair enough on the 'overpaying' can always wrangle a discount. where could you possibly get someone to shave off $1500 though? that's a bit much of an ask...

i'm not saying once you get into the 'racecar' levels of modifying either motor that one will or will not be cheaper or will or will not make more power, but for the 500hp and lower bracket, the N54 is cheaper, for the 91 RON, so far, it's looking like the N54 will make a bit more power (and be cheaper)... it's pretty hard number here..
    I'm on the mobil, so ill reply quickly. Do some research. Again, exhaust, from eBay, $420 shipped no cats, 2 resonators.. oh you think rear exhaust, for sound.. interesting since we are only talking required.. and rear is jot required, only catless. So I suggest you know what you are talking about before assuming you know a subject. As yiu can see, i quoted medium results on my figures, where you quoted absolute best case scenarios and still fall short.

I find it interesting that i just laid out a step by step plan (3 steps) to get an M to 500hp.. since ive ine it, and waiting for you to lay out the plan for a 500hp n54.. i can do it for you as well, since i have also done it, but would.like your personal interpretation...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You don't see many exotics plowing snow around in the Nordic countries, so no, M3 is not as rare. Also, at 200k-300k M3 is cheap. Some just don't have the money for a 600k exotic, so the exotics must be rare.

As far as I understand the money is going for all good government purposes, such as providing good education for the people enabling them to buy M3s later on...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    [QUOTE=654;424745
    As far as I understand the money is going for all good government purposes, such as providing good education for the people enabling them to buy M3s later on...[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a Ponzi scheme Click here to enlarge
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ive stopped caring about this thread since it went off topic...i just wanna know if jp had any updates or when the dyno is scheduled?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Salg Click here to enlarge
    ive stopped caring about this thread since it went off topic...i just wanna know if jp had any updates or when the dyno is scheduled?
    @Salg , you're contradicting yourself ... Click here to enlarge

Tony has a set in a customers car as of yesterday and I get my car later tonight but will need to work on the tune and install my meth kit again and good tires to get it out of winter mode.

JP stated sometime next week he may get on the dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    @Salg , you're contradicting yourself ... Click here to enlarge

Tony has a set in a customers car as of yesterday and I get my car later tonight but will need to work on the tune and install my meth kit again and good tires to get it out of winter mode.

JP stated sometime next week he may get on the dyno
    haha I know, and thank you for the update. Let us know what you think of them also!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I adjusted a couple things over the weekend, going to change a couple things tonight but so far things are going smoothly. The last thing I really need to do is get some more meth because right now I'm only running boost juice (50/50). I need to make that mix way more potent
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I adjusted a couple things over the weekend, going to change a couple things tonight but so far things are going smoothly. The last thing I really need to do is get some more meth because right now I'm only running boost juice (50/50). I need to make that mix way more potent
    Right but, how do the turbos feel/perform?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just get denatured alcohol from Home Depot

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I want to hear what the turbo spool sounds like @jpsimon

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I'm on the mobil, so ill reply quickly. Do some research. Again, exhaust, from eBay, $420 shipped no cats, 2 resonators.. oh you think rear exhaust, for sound.. interesting since we are only talking required.. and rear is jot required, only catless. So I suggest you know what you are talking about before assuming you know a subject. As yiu can see, i quoted medium results on my figures, where you quoted absolute best case scenarios and still fall short.

I find it interesting that i just laid out a step by step plan (3 steps) to get an M to 500hp.. since ive ine it, and waiting for you to lay out the plan for a 500hp n54.. i can do it for you as well, since i have also done it, but would.like your personal interpretation...
    cheapest 'm3 exhaust' on ebay is $650 for mids. not shipped.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Just get denatured alcohol from Home Depot
    Most ATV/Dirtbike/cycle shops carry methanol because a lot of dirtbikes run it as a fuel. I either get mine from a local cycle shop or a chem supply store depending on who has it in stock.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    *raises hand* M3's are exotic here for sure, it's not 100% the same head snap as a lambo or ferrari.. but they're almost as rare to actually see driving around.... in fact, in the last year i've seen/heard more ferrari/lambo than M3... though i've seen probably 5-10 1M's *shrug* - in a similar vein, i've only seen.. all of about 2-3 C63 AMG's, and a small handful of other AMG's in general (though they're waaaaaay more expensive than an M3)
    So what it's based on displacement?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    As far as I understand the money is going for all good government purposes, such as providing good education for the people enabling them to buy M3s later on...
    $#@! that tell them to check out wikipedia and drop the price of my cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Salg Click here to enlarge
    Open your mind and learn something. There are things going on outside the USA, really.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are things going on outside the USA, really.
    There's only a very few of you out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So what it's based on displacement?
    the tax?

nah, just over $55k there's an extra slug... there's also 10% GST and 10% (or 5%, something) import duties, then a few other fees on top, it's pretty nasty

rule of thumb is to double whatever prices you get in the USA.

registration fees are based on cylinders, but say a 4cyl is $500/year, 6cyl is $650, 8cyl is $800 etc. - insurance isn't TOO different to USA i think, about $1000-$2000/year based on car value/location blah blah

ED:
    LCT is only payable at the rate of 33% (up from 25% as of 1 July 2008, though no senate approval for this increase was obtained) of the value of the GST-exclusive value which exceeds the LCT threshold. The LCT threshold is currently $59,133.00 AUD (for the 2012-13 financial year). An increased threshold of $75,375.00 AUD applies to fuel efficient cars that have a combined fuel consumption rating not exceeding 7 litres per 100 kilometres (based on a combined test cycle rating under ADR81).

every $1 above 59k is $1.33, and many of the taxes compound. yeah.. i believe it's 33%+10% GST. so it goes from 10% below the threshold to 46% if i understand it? unless both taxes are calculated separately, it's unclear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the tax?
    That's what I thought as he said the AMG's were more expensive. I thought that was due to displacement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's what I thought as he said the AMG's were more expensive. I thought that was due to displacement.
    ah. in some countries tax IS largely displacement based. enviro incentives.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Someone said it earlier, but you can get test pipes ~$300 or just have a exhaust shop cut out both cats (and maybe even gut the rear section) for the same price
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In all honesty - you really only need a front cat delete to get most of the power gains these are about the priciest you can find: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-13...at-delete.aspx

Yes, all cats removed is best, but with the above, you get the majority of the power. You can find cheap (very) pipes on eBay, and probably could have someone who knows exhaust do it for even less. You can gain more with an x-pipe (whatever - remove the rear cats) - but the fronts are where the power restriction is. You don't need an AA (or whatever brand) titanium/stainless full exhaust to get the power. Yeah, the Full kit is nicer cosmetically, has nicer sound, etc. - but for what you are after - wouldn't make sense (money/hp). Just because the majority of M3 owners seem to post more about expensive products doesn't mean cheap alternatives don't exist.

Pereonally, given the choice - i think nearly everyone would take a full exhaust if it was the same price as a decatted pipe replacement... for the exact same reason the person would spend more for the engineered/daily driver/packaged option.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Someone said it earlier, but you can get test pipes ~$300 or just have a exhaust shop cut out both cats (and maybe even gut the rear section) for the same price
    Lol - late to the post. Click here to enlarge

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast