Close

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do these parts come with the price per the webiste? If so, thats another $200 less than RBs.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No that's from BMW. Just showing them laid out.
    The "required" parts are around $200. I just got all new lines to be safe if they were needed or even slightly questionable.

I should have the car back with them installed later tonight.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @ChuckD05 May I ask why your looking for a 335is exhaust?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because I hate a loud car :-(

And mine isn't even all that loud and it still gets to me. Oem has too much rasp without cats , I've heard the "is" exhaust with dp before and I thought it sounded great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Blah blah blah cost cost blah blah
    Happens to matter for MOST people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I find it funny people feel the need to dish out business advice to someone whom obviously already has a very successful business. It's cool that a few of you took a business administration course or two in college but honestly your opinion about the way tony is handling the more aggressive posters is not interesting or enlightened. Of course tony stands to lose a few customers here and there because of this reason or that but the bottom line remains that he offers the best and cheapest upgraded turbo option for this platform. Due to his entry into the ring we saw Rb actually ramp up production, start to be more active on the forums and even offer a group buy to stay competitive. We can tell tony is on the right track with his turbo solutions simply by watching his competition lash out at every opportunity. No one cares if your butt hurt over his reactions on a forum, this forum is a place where your encouraged to speak out and expect a response. Sometimes you are not going to like everything you read here or agree with a vendors approach but at the end of the day all I personally care about is results at a fair and honest price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    +1

I donít often get a chance to know the folks behind many of my purchases, but when I do, the person selling/making the product can have as much weight as their product quality. This is especially true if the competing products have arguably similar levels of quality and results. If itís likely that both products will give me similar results without me knowing, I will turn to the person selling it.

The interactions I have seen on these forums from some tuners makes me never want to buy their products. While there are others that make me glad I did, for example, rob formally with cobb. Heís an example of someone that was able to tactfully reply to less than mature antics without himself dropping to their level.

This might be a personal thing, as I am both the sales man and the consultant for the services my firm offers. From time to time, I deal with less than ideal clients that I would like to tell to $#@! off. That being said, I represent more than myself but my entire firm. Itís a challenge, but I can still stand up for my team and myself, without becoming like my clients.

Just my $.02

Back to work
    amen

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    I find it funny people feel the need to dish out business advice to someone whom obviously already has a very successful business. It's cool that a few of you took a business administration course or two in college but honestly your opinion about the way tony is handling the more aggressive posters is not interesting or enlightened. Of course tony stands to lose a few customers here and there because of this reason or that but the bottom line remains that he offers the best and cheapest upgraded turbo option for this platform. Due to his entry into the ring we saw Rb actually ramp up production, start to be more active on the forums and even offer a group buy to stay competitive. We can tell tony is on the right track with his turbo solutions simply by watching his competition lash out at every opportunity. No one cares if your butt hurt over his reactions on a forum, this forum is a place where your encouraged to speak out and expect a response. Sometimes you are not going to like everything you read here or agree with a vendors approach but at the end of the day all I personally care about is results at a fair and honest price.
    I think it's funny that you think you know everyone here well enough to say how much "business experience" some of us have. You're entitled to your opinion on everything just as much as anyone else but thinking you know everything about the other people and their opinions is only making a valid point clouded with ignorance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Deflecting with an obvious statement about how I don't know all the posters in this thread doesn't change anything. My points are still valid and my observations are pretty accurate. I am not looking for any dick swinging posts about your qualifications as a business owner/consultant, that was hardly the point of my post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    no, not just performance, you have to consider every extra the M has over an N54 because you get it with the M. Seats and all. You can "bundle" all you want, but your looking at 4k in suspension installed. Another 2 in interior extras.. Oh, now your talking about extra fuel system...? Ok, that's cheap I suppose.. Oh, unless you don't have e85, like the majority of people... Now, how's that transmission upgrade coming...? Seems like that price gap is getting smaller and s,aller the more accurate you get with the details of actual ownership
    ok now you're being ridiculous, dash as well then since the dash is a bit nicer? door trims?

i dunno what you mean about seats, the only difference is a bit of trimming, same with the steering wheel (oooh wow nappa leather) - i'm a fan of the m-sport wheel, and will probably just get the BMWP electric wheel like i believe even some M3 owners do... all of that is personal preference and ridiculous to discuss - both the m and non-m should just get the BMWP seats (or recaros or a proper bucket race seat) and it's both fair and cancels out Click here to enlarge

transmission upgrade? we're talking about automatics now? oh no look at that, your DCT needs new clutches? looks like it's about the same cost as an N54 6AT upgrade! and if we're comparing 6MT to 6MT, both can go anywhere from $1000 for a clutch up to $2500-$3k, and both are extremely strong either way - yet another moot point.

if you're talking about the prices in the states, well looks to me like there's still a similar gap unless you desperately want M3 trim and steering wheel, but as doesn't count as there are 'upgrades' for both M and non-M as above, really

and if you don't have E85, 93 is the best you can get? well you'll still get respectable numbers, 500 or near is realistic... i dunno if i'd like to push either the N54 or S65 on scummy fuels.. however, if you're over here in australia, or anywhere in europe, you can reasonably get flex-fuel without worry, heck, here you can get 95 AKI (100 RON) E10 unleaded.

upgraded brakes now too...? Who did that. Oh, that's right, the n54 cars have to. So, basically for the same price after all things considered, you can spend 10k and have a "500hp" n54 but consists of upgrading a majority of components and completely dependent on fuel available. Or 9k on an M3 by adding a blower and exhaust..
    what's that? you don't even have to think about it really if you have a 135i with the brembos? (minus some racingbrake pistons if you track it a wee bit) .. and if we're talking about brake upgrades, of course an M3 would go for a BBK if we're talking about these power levels... - and any upgrade is only needed if you track, and if you track it's definitely still needed in the M.. and even if the M didn't upgrade this stuff, that just means the non-M would have SUPERIOR components....

if we're going to talk about NECCESSARY mods that are NOT owner preference or pure trackwork (or street wank) upgrades, it comes down to power-adders and M3 suspension components, just like i listed firstly lol

and $9k? $7,995.00 for an ESS VT-1 550, but wait that only makes 450whp... even an exhaust would probably only add 5-10 at best, and that's $2k++ itself.. unless you want to go custom, but you'd still need an axle-back.. but a VT1-585 makes near 500 for $10,500 Click here to enlarge - and if we're going to add on an exhaust (though we've already hit 500whp nearly) .., you'd look from $1600-$1750 for the cheapest midpipe/axle back combo, $2k for either an xpipe mids (stock cats), $2k for a good axle-back , pretty well ranging to $7k+ for the upper echelons of exotic screaming notes. considering the gains are more midrange than upper, and the sound is a MUCH bigger consideration with an exhaust... lets just say you can get a straight 500whp for $10,500 for an E9x M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Deflecting with an obvious statement about how I don't know all the posters in this thread doesn't change anything. My points are still valid and my observations are pretty accurate. I am not looking for any dick swinging posts about your qualifications as a business owner/consultant, that was hardly the point of my post.
    And I am not arguing the validity of the point you made. You are fully are entitled to that opinion, however trying invalidate others posts/opinions based on the assumption that the other people posting have lesser/no experience running a business and thus don't understand is an ignorant argument to make. Support your point all you want but that doesn't make mine or anyone elses any more or less informed because our experience - which you have no clue to what degree that is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    AND even if you upgrade everything in a 135/335 to M3 component levels, it will never feel as grounded or responsive to driver input as the M3 (you'll never be able to add bolt-ons that really stiffen up the chassis).
    i've gathered the M chassis aren't specially stiffened, but yes, you can 'bolt on' stiffness, front and rear strut brace, underbody bracing... and even a roll-cage, ever driven a caged car? it's like a completely rock solid box. - of course it would 'feel as grounded' all a car really is if you want to remove the emotion, is the sum of it's parts

and if we're talking about this specific situation, there's no difference between bolting them on now, or from factory.

an E9x non-M and an E9x M3, remove all components from both cars, swap literally everything over, and ..... ? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    You should know the M3 brakes are just as $#@!ty as the 335i brakes. You don't see any M3s at racetracks without BBKs. For a good reason.
    oh, so now we are talking track performance upgrades as well? well, i would contend the Ms brakes are better, and that a aftermarket is never a bad option, but bye bye to that "500"hp N54..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Agree, best is to buy a M3 and then drop in a N54 Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like a 1MClick here to enlarge

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    ok now you're being ridiculous, dash as well then since the dash is a bit nicer? door trims?
    well yea, CF is much better that that fake wood $#@!. but hey, its just one of those things the M owner doesnt ned to "upgrade"

i dunno what you mean about seats, the only difference is a bit of trimming, same with the steering wheel (oooh wow nappa leather) - i'm a fan of the m-sport wheel, and will probably just get the BMWP electric wheel like i believe even some M3 owners do... all of that is personal preference and ridiculous to discuss - both the m and non-m should just get the BMWP seats (or recaros or a proper bucket race seat) and it's both fair and cancels out Click here to enlarge
    you been in an M? the seats are completely different, so uh, yea.. whats that "upgrade" cost? i mean, your comparing 2 very close cars for the performance aspect of it. the nonM seats are subpar to the Ms, so i consider that an added benefit.. we are talking total $ to "perform" the same right..

transmission upgrade? we're talking about automatics now? oh no look at that, your DCT needs new clutches? looks like it's about the same cost as an N54 6AT upgrade! and if we're comparing 6MT to 6MT, both can go anywhere from $1000 for a clutch up to $2500-$3k, and both are extremely strong either way - yet another moot point.
    well, we can talk auto and DCT if you like, one requires a rebuild for 500+, one does not. BUT lets talk 6MT, how well does that N54 clutch last vs the M's..? oh, need to spend more money again?

if you're talking about the prices in the states, well looks to me like there's still a similar gap unless you desperately want M3 trim and steering wheel, but as doesn't count as there are 'upgrades' for both M and non-M as above, really

price of what?
    and if you don't have E85, 93 is the best you can get? well you'll still get respectable numbers, 500 or near is realistic... i dunno if i'd like to push either the N54 or S65 on scummy fuels.. however, if you're over here in australia, or anywhere in europe, you can reasonably get flex-fuel without worry, heck, here you can get 95 AKI (100 RON) E10 unleaded

what? are you in the US or EU? 500 is now "near" realistic? so i guess its NOT realistic then. who is talking about "scummy" fuels. 91 is the best in some areas, 93 in others, E85 some places.. great performance is available from the s65 on any of them, N54 eh, not so much

what's that? you don't even have to think about it really if you have a 135i with the brembos? (minus some racingbrake pistons if you track it a wee bit) .. and if we're talking about brake upgrades, of course an M3 would go for a BBK if we're talking about these power levels... - and any upgrade is only needed if you track, and if you track it's definitely still needed in the M.. and even if the M didn't upgrade this stuff, that just means the non-M would have SUPERIOR components....
    if.. whats all these ifs.. if you bought an M, you dont have any if you did this or that, or at least nowhere near the amount as the N54 options.. your above statement clearly identifies my point

if we're going to talk about NECCESSARY mods that are NOT owner preference or pure trackwork (or street wank) upgrades, it comes down to power-adders and M3 suspension components, just like i listed firstly lol

ok, absolutley required.. you tell us, whats absolutley required...because, again, your "500" hp is NOT realistic, so there is only one option there unless you have ample cash for RACEFUEL or access to E85 everywhere.. the former meaning you need to drop significant $$ to compete, the latter meaning your just lucky, and with current economic policies, your about to join the former in pricing as well.. so.. whats the total cost of a 500 hp E9x?

and $9k? $7,995.00 for an ESS VT-1 550, but wait that only makes 450whp...knowledge is power: VT1 535 $8500 installed, +upgrade pulley=$8750 (including install and taxes)

even an exhaust would probably only add 5-10 at best, and that's $2k++ itself..
    exhaust=$400, added 20-30rwhp
    so, vt1535 puts us at what did you say, 450?
    450+25 from exhaust=475
    475+upgraded pulley= 495

bam 490-500hp on pump 93 all day.. you were saying?
    unless you want to go custom, but you'd still need an axle-back.. but a VT1-585 makes near 500 for $10,500 Click here to enlarge - and if we're going to add on an exhaust (though we've already hit 500whp nearly) .., you'd look from $1600-$1750 for the cheapest midpipe/axle back combo, $2k for either an xpipe mids (stock cats), $2k for a good axle-back , pretty well ranging to $7k+ for the upper echelons of exotic screaming notes. considering the gains are more midrange than upper, and the sound is a MUCH bigger consideration with an exhaust... lets just say you can get a straight 500whp for $10,500 for an E9x M3..but you would be overpaying at 10,500, so lets say at $9k..
    corrected

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by seth Click here to enlarge
    And I am not arguing the validity of the point you made. You are fully are entitled to that opinion, however trying invalidate others posts/opinions based on the assumption that the other people posting have lesser/no experience running a business and thus don't understand is an ignorant argument to make. Support your point all you want but that doesn't make mine or anyone elses any more or less informed because our experience - which you have no clue to what degree that is.
    Only problem is you don't know what the other posters business backgrounds are either. You elected to give Vargas unsolicited business advice & people commented on it. Can't see how that would be a surprise.

Vargas is running a known company as as far as anyone here knows you might just as easily be be the mail clerk at yours.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    corrected
    I agree with all of this. This is almost senseless - they are basically two completely different cars. They have more uncommon parts than shared, one is tuned specifically on a track other is not. One has an engine with insane throttle response and a perfect torque curve - the other doesn't, and the more it's "tuned" the worse it gets. This is almost silly. The amount of things one would do to truly bring a x35 to actual levels of performance (active or passive - in regard to some of the best supportive seats I have sat in - M3).

An N54 needs walnut blasting - with the way I drive my M, and carbon deposit being a function of load/rpm - it's just not something that makes sense. You can call a Clydesdale a horse with extra muscles if t makes you feel better, but it's just not true.

Drive both - it's pointless to argue and get nowhere if standing firm. Click here to enlarge

You will ever have the engine response, you will never have the steering ratio, etc... It's cheaper to just buy an M after thinking everything through.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh - and regarding the exhaust as LM said, in reality to get 90 percent off the power from a full exhaust - throw on a test pipe for 300 dollars. 20 ft/lbs across the board.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This thread is out if control. 5 pages of two different arguments and not one turbo related post. LOL

no place like this forum .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I agree with all of this. This is almost senseless - they are basically two completely different cars. They have more uncommon parts than shared, one is tuned specifically on a track other is not. One has an engine with insane throttle response and a perfect torque curve - the other doesn't, and the more it's "tuned" the worse it gets. This is almost silly. The amount of things one would do to truly bring a x35 to actual levels of performance (active or passive - in regard to some of the best supportive seats I have sat in - M3).

An N54 needs walnut blasting - with the way I drive my M, and carbon deposit being a function of load/rpm - it's just not something that makes sense. You can call a Clydesdale a horse with extra muscles if t makes you feel better, but it's just not true.

Drive both - it's pointless to argue and get nowhere if standing firm. Click here to enlarge

You will ever have the engine response, you will never have the steering ratio, etc... It's cheaper to just buy an M after thinking everything through.
    people just dont seem to understand the differences because they share the same frame and lights. even the delivery of the "500" hp of each completely different. I miss the initial grunt of the N54, but it will never compare to the thrill of 8400+rpm V8.
    personal preference as usual

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    wow how this thread has gone off course! @Sticky i think you should step in and move all the unnecessary posts and keep this thread on track!! I want to check in to see updates not read people bickering about M vs non-M and Trolls who are business experts. I DEMAND UPDATES!!!Click here to enlarge
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    corrected
    well yea, CF is much better that that fake wood $#@!. but hey, its just one of those things the M owner doesnt ned to "upgrade"
    M3's come factory unoptioned with CF now? either one of the cars we're talking about has to spend $1000-$1200 odd for CF trims...

you been in an M? the seats are completely different, so uh, yea.. whats that "upgrade" cost? i mean, your comparing 2 very close cars for the performance aspect of it. the nonM seats are subpar to the Ms, so i consider that an added benefit.. we are talking total $ to "perform" the same right..
    seats? yeah i've sat in them, i didn't notice a huge difference, either way, the M3 still benefits from a BMWP seat (proper recaros) upgrade just the same Click here to enlarge
    .. and like i said, if seats are a major concern., BOTH cars need upgrading for proper track use..

well, we can talk auto and DCT if you like, one requires a rebuild for 500+, one does not. BUT lets talk 6MT, how well does that N54 clutch last vs the M's..? oh, need to spend more money again?
    well the N54 has a buttload more torque than the M3, which is what ACTUALLY kills it(the clutch), so i can't call that a downside, regardless, either one will be upgraded eventually even if you don't do it off-the-bat in the M3 (and going above 600hp it seems you do? Click here to enlarge ) -

price of what?
    price of the car itself.

what? are you in the US or EU?
    I'm in Australia, so best of both worlds (bar being RHD lol)

500 is now "near" realistic? so i guess its NOT realistic then.
    well if we're going to DEMAND 500whp on the dot, you're going to need that exhaust on top of the ESS 585 Click here to enlarge,.. .or make a few (not exactly cheap) changes to the 550 kit

who is talking about "scummy" fuels. 91 is the best in some areas, 93 in others, E85 some places.. great performance is available from the s65 on any of them, N54 eh, not so much
    if you only have 91, you shouldn't chase power realistically, it will cost you broken expensive things... or require a VERY efficient (re: expensive) kit to make up for the lack of octane... OR spray meth or something, all ++$$ for ANY SETUP.

i haven't seen any 'great' performance on 91 from an unopened cheaper sc kit on the S65, got any proof? .. best i've found is 525whp with a full exhaust in a setup (gintani) that costs about $16-18k all up ($15k in the blower setup itself +exhaust depending on what you'd want from it)

so if we're going to talk max performance in a no-budget setup, 571 whp from the VTT3's on the N54 takes the cake no?.. and what's that? it's still cheaper than the 525hp 91 setup on the S65? oh.

total cost of a 500hp e9x is precisely what i've already mentioned, absolutely nothing has changed Click here to enlarge

exhaust=$400, added 20-30rwhp

ohhhhhhhhh you're from the moon! a magical land where you can not only get an exhaust for $400, but it will also add 20-30rwhp? how come i can only find dynos showing 5-10 best BEST case... and even a custom stainless mandrel ehxhuast + xpipe NO MUFFLERS wouldn't be far off $1000. stop trolling.

bam 490-500hp on pump 93 all day.. you were saying?

and when we use real numbers, we'd be looking AT LEAST at the $10k mark still, so, what's your point? you finally agree the N54 can hit 500rwhp for less money than the S65?

but you would be overpaying at 10,500, so lets say at $9k..

fair enough on the 'overpaying' can always wrangle a discount. where could you possibly get someone to shave off $1500 though? that's a bit much of an ask...

i'm not saying once you get into the 'racecar' levels of modifying either motor that one will or will not be cheaper or will or will not make more power, but for the 500hp and lower bracket, the N54 is cheaper, for the 91 RON, so far, it's looking like the N54 will make a bit more power (and be cheaper)... it's pretty hard number here..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    See what happens v2 folks when you don't give us immediate feedback. Get us some sexy dyno numbers.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

omg 98% of the people in the N54 forum probably will never hit a track. They are highway racers. At the end of the day to make a n54 go fast in a straight line is cheaper than an m3. Especially if you consider the costs of the vehicles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    omg 98% of the people in the N54 forum probably will never hit a track. They are highway racers. At the end of the day to make a n54 go fast in a straight line is cheaper than an m3. Especially if you consider the costs of the vehicles.
    Agreed x120391.3 repeating.

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast